White Sox vs. Indians, 4/4/07 (L)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 04:37 PM)
What the f*** happened there Farmer had the Sox winning and now thaey lost and the game is over.

Either way if we can't change the approach to hitting this going to be a long long season.

I haven't been able to watch either game but I surely wouldn't blame the bats at this point.

boy, I hate to make a snap judgment 2 games into the season, but this is just the same old story. It seems they are swinging for the fences, can't get clutch outs in pitching, can't execute... basically they just seem lifeless out there.

QUOTE(zenryan @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
seems like its a struggle to just get one of their batters out

The Indians offense will be better this year than it was last year, and our pitching is massively overrated. Positive games for Aardsma and Erstad though.....160 more games left in the Pods era. 0-4 with a caught stealing..stay hot!

Is it Ozzie Guillen's goal to use all of his relievers in one game?

I am still baffled by the removal of Jon Garland in only the 6th inning! Garland basically had one bad inning that whole game, especially with that tight strike zone.

My goodness, I am still pissed as hell by Ozzie removing Garland and replacing him with Sisco. Did Ozzie not see how Garland handled Sizemore for the whole game? To the top 3 hitters, Garland gave up only 1 hit in 6 AB's to them, and walked Hafner 3 times. I honestly don't see how you could take out Garland in that situation! It was his game to win or lose. I guarantee that if Ozzie left Garland in, we would be celebrating a victory right now.

And please fir Greg Walker. This guy is a complete bum.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
Even the Ranger is second-guessing Ozzie on having Iguchi bunt.

Funny he questions that, when there's a legit argument for why he had Iguchi bunt. Not a well managed game by Ozzie, but in no way is he responsible for this loss.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
The Indians offense will be better this year than it was last year, and our pitching is massively overrated. Positive games for Aardsma and Erstad though.....160 more games left in the Pods era. 0-4 with a caught stealing..stay hot!

There is just no way he can last the season with this type of performance, is there? CS against Martinez while Erstad steals 2? Yeesh.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)

Yeah, the Pods thing has to be over... if you don't trade for another OF, but BA in center or left, have Erstad play the other OF position and use Mack as the replacement.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 05:50 PM)

thats 160 games too many

put Erstad in left and Anderson in CF

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boy, I hate to make a snap judgment 2 games into the season, but this is just the same old story. It seems they are swinging for the fences, can't get clutch outs in pitching, can't execute... basically they just seem lifeless out there.

we scored 7 runs today, 5 on home runs. Quit blaming the offense.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 04:47 PM)
I haven't been able to watch either game but I surely wouldn't blame the bats at this point.

The pitching gave up too many runs.

But our situational hitting was horrid today.

We get a man on 2nd no outs late in the game. Gooch bunts a popup. And then next two guys are simple quick outs. No runs.

9th inning, We have 2 of our power hitters Ks with a bad physicall damaaged Joe Borowski on the mound. We needed a single, and we got the home run attempts.