2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 12:08 AM)
Kalapse, I'd like to applaud you on your new sig... mighty fine if you ask me.

We really have a splendid offense this year, don't we?

It's depressing more than anything and thanks to the All-Star game being held in an NL ballpark for the second straight season our best hitter won't even be on the ballot.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 12:23 AM)
I noticed you updated Crede's position to "DL"... is this purely speculation by you, or do you know something no one else does?

Based on his injury history, the way his back has been acting up this year, his current offensive production, the fact that Fields did not play today and Guillen's comments after the game lead me to believe he's on his way to the DL. That and wishful thinking.

The transformation and the experience of the legend himself.. Boone Logan.

2006- 21 G 17.1 IP 21 H 18 R 16 ER 2 HR 3 HBP 15 BB 15 SO 1.17 GO/AO 2.08 WHIP .424 OBA

ERA: 8.31

2007- 20 G 17.0 IP 17 H 6 R 6 ER 1 HR 0 HBP 3 BB 10 SO 1.75 GO/AO 1.18 WHIP .299 OBA

ERA: 3.18

He's actually been an outstanding LOOGY this year. Lefties are just 4 for 24 against him with one of those hits being double and the other 3 singles. He's also walked 1 while striking out 6. He should really only be used exclusively against lefties seeing as how righties are hitting .324 against him.

I have a question for the curse filter, and I don't know where to put, so I'll put it here. I have a tendency to put *'s over the vowel in like the "f" or "s" word. I just subconsciously do it because on a previous board they made you fix the words manually. Is that bad?

Do not do something to circumvent the filter so that the curse word still shows up dispite the filter attempting to not allow it to do so. The filter is there because there are kids reading the site, and people posting from places like their jobs who could get into trouble because of the language.

Serious question. is anybody else worried that a loss tonight coupled with

Cleveland's automatic win against the crap Royals has pretty much eliminated the Sox

from the division race the first week of June?

Are we only playing for a wild card the rest of the way?

We knew the division would be tough but to be close to eliminated in June?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Serious question. is anybody else worried that a loss tonight coupled with

Cleveland's automatic win against the crap Royals has pretty much eliminated the Sox

from the division race the first week of June?

Are we only playing for a wild card the rest of the way?

We knew the division would be tough but to be close to eliminated in June?

Did Twins fans think the same way last year?

How about Indians fans two years ago?

It's not over yet, but the window keeps closing ever so slowly each day.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 12:19 AM)
I just read somewhere that Pierzynski threw his helmet in the direction of the ump after being tossed. If so, I'd expect a suspension coming up.

He did. It was not at him but more at the dirt behind the plate.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 07:50 AM)
Today is Saturday June 9th and we only have 3 more wins that the Royals.

:stick

Anyone who is against rebuilding ought to read that sentence repeatedly. We're old and our young prospects aren't very good. Our division rivals are younger and have good prospects. We're just going to get older and worse. It's time to take advantage of our players' value.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)
Anyone who is against rebuilding ought to read that sentence repeatedly. We're old and our young prospects aren't very good. Our division rivals are younger and have good prospects. We're just going to get older and worse. It's time to take advantage of our players' value.

It's pretty clear at this point that the Royals are a better team than the Sox. I fully expect the Sox to finish behind KC. Worse than that, KC has a bunch of good young players. Given that the Sox have the worst farm system in baseball, I think the Sox may finish behind the Royals for several years to come. Back in 2005, The Sporting News knew what it was doing when it named Shapiro as the Executive of the Year instead of Williams.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
It's pretty clear at this point that the Royals are a better team than the Sox. I fully expect the Sox to finish behind KC. Worse than that, KC has a bunch of good young players. Given that the Sox have the worst farm system in baseball, I think the Sox may finish behind the Royals for several years to come. Back in 2005, The Sporting News knew what it was doing when it named Shapiro as the Executive of the Year instead of Williams.

That's an assumption on your part and a poor one at that.

The fact that anyone assumes or believes that is absolutely ridiculous. The Sox have a pretty good amount of pitching in the minors - albeit, all of it is below AAA - but they have talented arms in the minors. Add to it 2 young OFers in AAA that will very likely be starters at some point within the next 5 years in the majors, as well as Carter, Getz, Hernandez/Lucy, Cunningham, and Fields (even if he is in the majors right now) and I don't think there's any way you can argue that the minor league system is the worst in baseball.

I've heard some people mention Washington as the worst. That would be a team that is in a terrible situation, though their major league roster is relatively young.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 02:41 AM)
That's an assumption on your part and a poor one at that.

The fact that anyone assumes or believes that is absolutely ridiculous. The Sox have a pretty good amount of pitching in the minors - albeit, all of it is below AAA - but they have talented arms in the minors. Add to it 2 young OFers in AAA that will very likely be starters at some point within the next 5 years in the majors, as well as Carter, Getz, Hernandez/Lucy, Cunningham, and Fields (even if he is in the majors right now) and I don't think there's any way you can argue that the minor league system is the worst in baseball.

I've heard some people mention Washington as the worst. That would be a team that is in a terrible situation, though their major league roster is relatively young.

Yeah the assumption around here that we have the worst farm system in the game is something even a negative fatalist like myself can't agree with. We are slightly below average in terms of a farm system, like around 20 out of the 30 teams or so. Our pitching is actually pretty damn good, but we just lack position prospects, which could doom us for a while.