2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

Teams worse than the WhiteSox on June 24, 2007 = Cincinatti Reds & Kansas City Royals & THATS IT!

Intl. League Teams worse than Charlotte Knights (sox AAA affiliate) = Ottawa Lynx & THATS IT!

Jow Cowley said it best on 670 The Score this morning, when he said the WhiteSox basically overestimated their farm system, and are just now fully realizing what a big hole they're in.

I have no clue where to start with this team, but I'm sick and tired of watching Konerko, Thome, Dye, Gonzalez, hell the whole overpaid friggin lineup suck it up!!!!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 01:13 AM)
First pick here we come! From what I have heard about Pedro Alvarez, I so hope we get the no. 1 pick. I want us to get the worst record.

Indeed. This weekend was the last time I really cared if we won or lost.

My daughter just turned to me and said "Daddy, why do you like the White Sox if they are so bad?

I just laughed, and gave her the "The bad times make the good times that much better" talk.

*sigh*

I love how the white sox phrase their ticket emails. Here's tonight's entry:

Starters Mark Buehrle, Javier Vazquez and Jose Contreras tossed quality starts over three straight games in this past weekend's series vs. the Cubs. First baseman Paul Konerko chipped in a solo homer on Friday, his 12th of the season.
Edited by IlliniKrush

IMO, DJ's interpretation of the play was the better than Hawk's rampage. We expect outbursts like that from Hawk, but DJ delivered some good stuff too with everything that was lost in translation.

"It's just a straight-forward double run-down." :lol:

mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2007/open/tp/archive06/062607_chatba_cha_b2b_hr_tp_350.wmv?ct3=-1&ct4=mlb&ct5=27-Jun-07

Copy and paste this link.

Is that color guy in line for worst TV guy ever or what?

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 01:56 AM)
mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2007/open/tp/archive06/062607_chatba_cha_b2b_hr_tp_350.wmv?ct3=-1&ct4=mlb&ct5=27-Jun-07

Copy and paste this link.

Is that color guy in line for worst TV guy ever or what?

"Yeah, check his bat." That guy is terrible. :lol:

You missed the comment right after, "Well you can't check every bat". And, the real winner there, "How amazing that these runs were scored so quickly, JUST. LIKE THAT."

Joe Magrane.

Ugh.

For a broadcaster, he's a very good ex-pitcher.

So I went to the dentist today, there is one other guy 6 feet away from me reading the newspaper in the waiting room wearing a sox hat. The dental assistant comes in wating room and says "Minnie, come on in". I thought I recognized him. Minnie Minoso goes to my dentist. Awsome.

I was listening to the score on the way to work today (Buster Olney and Eric Cassilias at ESPN1000 make Offman and Rogers sound like hall of famers) and Steve Olkin was doing the updates, and I noticed his pronounciation of Javy Vazquez name was a little off, and I got to thinking about it.

Olkin was saying "Vass- KWez", whereas I say it "Vass-Kez"

How do you say it to yourself, and is there a right or wrong way to say it?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 08:59 AM)
I was listening to the score on the way to work today (Buster Olney and Eric Cassilias at ESPN1000 make Offman and Rogers sound like hall of famers) and Steve Olkin was doing the updates, and I noticed his pronounciation of Javy Vazquez name was a little off, and I got to thinking about it.

I thought "Vass-Kez" was the proper pronounciation? At least thats how I say it as well.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mike North does the same thing.

You don't call the popular Mexican liquor "Teh-Kweela."

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
It's that time of year again, so in case anybody wants to know where KW can find Carl Everett, here's an article on ESPN.

Crazy Carl

Great article. I freaking love Carl. Definitely one of my favorites, even though he didn't wear the Sox uniform for all that long. I will never forget him coming out of the dugout at Angel stadium as all us Sox fans are celebrating the Sox going ot the series and there's Carl dousing Champagne up into the stands.

I hope he finds his way back.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 10:21 AM)
I thought "Vass-Kez" was the proper pronounciation? At least thats how I say it as well.

If I recall this lesson from Spanish correctly, the vowels "e" and "i" after "qu" automatically make the pronunciation "kay" or "key", respectively. This also applies when using "gu" followed by "e" or "i".

In order to break the rule, you would need to place an umlaut over the "u" as in the spanish word for penguin, which is spelled pinguino (assume umlaut over the u) and pronounced, peen-GWEE-no.

If you want to be really technical, most native speakers would pronounce Javy's last name "BAHS-kez", where the "V" at the start of his name is more of a "b", the "a" is said like "ahhhhh" when we go to the MD, and the "z" in the middle is more of an "s" sound. That would be a little over the top for native english speakers, but I would think so-called journalists would generally get it right and not call him Vass-kwez.