Sox-Fest Q&A thread

The Beast

Taken from another thread:

QUOTE(BearSox @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:12 AM)
I hope various people ask him the following questions at soxfest this year...

-How exactly do you expect this team to compete next year or in future years?

-Did you honestly think we were are a good team that just "preformed" bad last year?

-Why in hell did you just not blow up this team and restart the rebuilding process when we had the chance to do so back in May and July?

-Where exactly would you rank our farm system compared to other team's farm systems?

-Why were you too f***ing cheap to pick Poreda instead of Porcello?

-Do you not know we have a pitiful farm system?

-Can you explain to me how Andruw Jones strikes out a ton and hits for a low OBP but Rowand and Hunter don't?

-Why do you suck?

-In how long do you think we could finally see Rick Hahn take over as GM?

-Are you retarded?

-We all know Boras is a b****, but why do you refuse to deal with him? Ozzie said himself that Boras represents the best players in the league, so you will never go after the best players in the league?

-I think you are a sad excuse for a GM.

-Why do you suck?

-Why are you a conceded jackass who acts all smug as if he is better then all of us, talking down to all the fans as if we don't know what the f*** baseball is?

-Why did you trade Jon Garland for a 33 year old SS in his last year of free agency who doesn't want to sign a contract extension?

-Why are the likes of Cole Armstrong and Andy Gonzalez on the 40 man roster but not Fernando Hernandez, who will now be on some other team most likely? Hell, that reminds me, where the f*** were you thinking when you let Fabio Castro go for nothing?

Lets keep this list growing as we take our frustration out on Kenny Williams. For those of you who are going, I hope you will be ruthless to this guy. Please rip him a new asshole. I'll add a few of my own questions:

Why didn't you complete the Hunter deal and let the ANGELS get him?

Why didn't you add in more years and money to get Aaron Rowand?

Now that 2008 is over, what will be in store for 2009?

Do your pitching and hitting coaches have sound strategies in mind for this upcoming

season?

Obviously a repeat of last year's hitting philosophy will result in a horribly dull offense.

Obviously Coop needs a magic wand to make Danks, Floyd and Jose big league caliber

pitchers. With very few changes on our roster, will our assistant coaches step up and

lead the way?

How many of you will go up and ask him questions? Who is going to this seminar?

I have a feeling he will deter answers to Ozzie and Farmer because Farmer actually has balls and Kenny does not. I'm also thinking that he might just bring Rick Hahn into the mix instead of him actually being there.

My question would be quite simple:

When the draft rolls around this June, can we get a promise from you and the organization that you will take the best player available at eight, regardless of price and who said player's client is? Or, for the second year in a row, will we pass up on a superior talent just so we can continue to play by Bud's rules that none of the other top teams play by?

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(spiderman @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
To Kenny Williams:

After failing to sign T.Hunter to the 5 year, 75 million deal, you said in regards to Aaron Rowand, that you can't spend 1.00 if you only have .50 cents.

Please clarify

The quote was an analogy KW used when talking about why he didn't Miggy Cabrera. He was talking minor league talent, not dollars. If you're going to use a quote, put it in the proper context.

Have you informed Greg and the rest of the hitters that we live in the midwest and its relatively cold until late May. I understand that they were a bit shocked at the fact that April is cold in Chicago.

What management training have you provided Konerko and Dye as you have included them in on your personnel decisions over the last few years.

Have you identified any premier young talent you wish to acquire when they reach the age of 33.