sin city sox fan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sit Back, Relax, and Strap It Down.

Enjoy these next games.

We are either going to pull out a great streak to get in the playoffs, or limp to the offseason... either way... the sun will come out tomorrow.

Lets go Royals!!! We are all Royal fans this weekend....... Honestly the Royals match up better vs the Twins in there ballpark then we do not to mention they have the best bullpens in the central. Just food for thought. This season isn't over. The Royals really want to spoil the Twins season and god bless them if they do!! Its not over until we are mathmatically eliminated. Were not down 1 game were only down .5!! Its far from over. I hope Detroit enjoys Chicago's scenary because they will make that trip to the southside!

Edited by knightni

i'd feel better if the clubhouse wasn't coming apart at the seams. What's up with all the pouting by swisher? And the whole OC thing is just too weird to figure - the guy was supposedly a great teammate in BOS and when he was here with the Angels everybody loved the guy, but in Chicago he's a pariah. I don't know if he never got over the trade or what. And swisher is hitting a buck 94 since the break, so he can shut his f***ing pie hole.

from the sun times...reminds me of the conversation crazy carl had with menkevitz (f*** it) on first base a few years ago, anyone remember that?

When it comes to the Twins, you have to assume they will find a way to win, especially considering they have three more games at the Metrodome against the Kansas City Royals.

As for that winning attitude, listen to the interesting exchange between Sox shortstop Orlando Cabrera and Twins first baseman Justin Morneau in the seventh inning.

''He looked at me, and I said, 'We just don't quit, do we?' '' Morneau recalled. ''And he said, 'No, but that's the way you're supposed to play.'

''It's the only way we know how. We're going to give you nine tough innings no matter what. You can never count a team out that has heart like we do. If you look at us on paper -- they do things we can't do, but you can never account for what's inside.''

According to Morneau, Cabrera smiled in agreement. Imagine that, Cabrera seems a bigger fan of the Twins than the Sox. Cabrera said he didn't recall the exchange and walked away from reporters.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
The team was in control of its own destiny. One win, one freakin win. Now we have to hope the Royals dont get swept. We get Cliff Lee on Sunday, and they get some AAA bum because they aren't pitching Grienke.

I don't think they're going to face Lee, i think he may get shut down. He's lost a lot of velocity and thrown 223 innings this season after only 145 last year.

I honestly hope they boo them as well. If nothing else, just during the introductions. Or whenever scoring opportunities are wasted.

I understand supporting them at home, especially since it's entirely possible to make up 1/2 a game with 4 left; but I sure as hell wouldn't be cheering them. For what, exactly? Choking away the division lead? f*** that. Earn our applause. Score five runs in the 1st and, here's a novel idea -- HOLD THE OPPOSITION SCORELESS THE FOLLOWING INNING.

It's funny that the entire Twins series, whenever we scored (aside from the Griffey HR in the 9th inning of Game 1) the Twins have responded with runs immediately after. I made note of it before yesterdays game and, low and behold, it happened again.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Ya know what? Maybe it's because I saw this coming months ago and don't get me wrong, it stung bad as it was going down, but maybe a half hour after that s***show I found optimism that I didn't know I had in me in regards to this season extending beyond Sunday. Win tomorrow and if they lose, all of a sudden we're back to just before 7:05 on Thursday night. Of course, it can go both ways and the hole can wind up getting deeper but I feel unexpectedly optimisic that at worst we'll be .5 out after Sunday's play forcing D-Town to rumble down here in the midst of their offseason. This is our playoff season, starting Friday night. Perhaps the added pressure bodes well into October. If getting swept out of first but not out of the season doesn't light a fire under their slow stubborn asses, then as I said earlier, at least America will be treated to the joy that is the Minnesota Twins on national tv.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

I think the ball is still in our court. We need the sweep they just got. If they lose anything in that span then it's just icing on the cake. Look at the long stretches in even the last month where the lead didn't change, they were step to step with us- when we won, they did, lost, also. 3 staying within a half game isn't asking for the world. Imagine how sweet it would be to give them this hope only to deflate them on a Tuesday at the Cell, maybe even mixing in some hit batsmen in the process.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 03:43 AM)
I honestly hope they boo them as well. If nothing else, just during the introductions. Or whenever scoring opportunities are wasted.

I understand supporting them at home, especially since it's entirely possible to make up 1/2 a game with 4 left; but I sure as hell wouldn't be cheering them. For what, exactly? Choking away the division lead? f*** that. Earn our applause. Score five runs in the 1st and, here's a novel idea -- HOLD THE OPPOSITION SCORELESS THE FOLLOWING INNING.

It's funny that the entire Twins series, whenever we scored (aside from the Griffey HR in the 9th inning of Game 1) the Twins have responded with runs immediately after. I made note of it before yesterdays game and, low and behold, it happened again.

The Twins had gone 2-6 in the 8 games before our series and their fans could have said the same thing. However, they came out in droves and supported their team larger than they have all season. Believe it or not, that had a huge difference is the series.

White Sox fans can choose to make the same choice to support our team....and I think it will lead to a division title. Or we can stay boobirds and not provide any inspiration to this team.

I choose to stay a fan to the end and hope that most others do as well.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 09:02 AM)
The Twins had gone 2-6 in the 8 games before our series and their fans could have said the same thing. However, they came out in droves and supported their team larger than they have all season. Believe it or not, that had a huge difference is the series.

White Sox fans can choose to make the same choice to support our team....and I think it will lead to a division title. Or we can stay boobirds and not provide any inspiration to this team.

I choose to stay a fan to the end and hope that most others do as well.

Dude, I guarantee these games are sellouts...

For those who said the fans should boo the team, just stay home. If the Sox are eliminated, then go and boo if you want to, but support a team, at home, that still controls its own destiny. Cry, scream, rage at home about the embarrassing series in Minnesota, but cheer loudly when they take the field tonight.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 09:50 PM)
im as pissed off as every other sox fan out there right now. they blew it this series vs the Twins and that horrible umpire. However, i'll be there tommorow cheering this team on. Its not over till its over. KC is playing good baseball right now. And reading what Meche and Buck said, they were hoping Minny would sweep us so those games they play mean something. Well they mean a lot guys, we couldn't get the job, but i'll be praying you guys do. They have nothing to lose... those teams are scary to face. Thank goodness we are finished with the road. The 2008 White Sox were brutal on the road. However, our home record should at least give us some hope (51-26). White Sox vs Cleveland at home: 6-0!!!

Great post. I agree with everything you have to say here, and I think this is the best way to look at the current situation.

Here's my only thought of objectiveness. I don't really know why I'm posting it here, but whatever.

The Sox are built to win at home and the Twins are built to win in their home. Neither team is any damn good anywhere else. After 158 or so games these two teams are essentially tied for first place and it is now the very end of the season and the winner will be the one with the most wins in their home park. So for the love of God, win the next 4 or 5 games!

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 06:33 PM)
Screw all you guys that boo, its not ove, we can win, I see you boo birds as quitters, and we all know NO ONE LIKES A QUITTER!!! :)

While I don't believe in booing your home team (sometimes there are exceptions during games)....you'll definitely hear a smattering of them tonight I think when the team takes the field.