The OFFICIAL "I'm sorry" thread

whitesoxfan101

I'll keep this short and sweet because I have one big apology. I am sorry to the Chicago White Sox for calling you quitters. I was wrong. You guys drove us nuts all season putting us on this roller coaster, and you ALWAYS did things the hard way. The easy route was not your friend, and that would cause irrational fans like me to lose my patience and lose my mind. But, in all honesty, it turns out that you guys might not have been the best, or the smartest, or even the best. But you came out on top in the AL Central, you won THREE f***ING DAYS IN A ROW WHEN IT WAS DO OR DIE (that is so amazing to me), and you are going to the playoffs. I have no damn clue what is going to happen this October, and really, whatever it is, I can live with it. You guys have played your asses off all season, this is a great accomplishment, hopefully there are more to come, and I'm sorry I ever doubted your toughness, mental strength, and desire to win. THANK YOU WHITE SOX, and hopefully there are more parties to come in October.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
I'll keep this short and sweet because I have one big apology. I am sorry to the Chicago White Sox for calling you quitters. I was wrong. You guys drove us nuts all season putting us on this roller coaster, and you ALWAYS did things the hard way. The easy route was not your friend, and that would cause irrational fans like me to lose my patience and lose my mind. But, in all honesty, it turns out that you guys might not have been the best, or the smartest, or even the best. But you came out on top in the AL Central, you won THREE f***ING DAYS IN A ROW WHEN IT WAS DO OR DIE (that is so amazing to me), and you are going to the playoffs. I have no damn clue what is going to happen this October, and really, whatever it is, I can live with it. You guys have played your asses off all season, this is a great accomplishment, hopefully there are more to come, and I'm sorry I ever doubted your toughness, mental strength, and desire to win. THANK YOU WHITE SOX, and hopefully there are more parties to come in October.

Update your sig.

guilty of wearing my heart on my sleeve when it comes to this team, which can seem "bipolar" to some

doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone else here, as much as some of them think it does though

i've been wrong numerous times this year, and have made some bold comments that were incorrect

this team proved me wrong the last 3 days, i'll say that

I'm eating crow after the last 3 days. I was going insane after the Twins series. It drove all of us completely over the edge, I think. But, the Sox REALLY proved they know how to handle the big games and the pressure situations the last 3 games. Big time pitching, and clutch hitting. Shades of 2005 even.

Let's hope they can carry it over to the playoffs. Keep in mind guys....this might be the last chance for a lot of guys on this team to win a World Series. Thome, Griffey, Dye, and Konerko are all getting up there in age. How many more chances are they going to get? Not many I'd imagine. They have to really want this. The Rays are sweating right now, I guarantee it. We're a dangerous team, because our sluggers are desperate for a championship, and our top three pitchers caught FIRE in their last starts.

Edited by CQMVP

I'm sorry to Brian Anderson, because I have said that you have no place on this team, but I'm SO happy you were out there as a defensive replacement to make that catch. BA, you forever hold a place in my heart for making that fantastic catch.

This team has a chance.. if nothing else, they have a chance, and that might be all it takes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:02 PM)
I'm sorry for saying Thome's not clutch.

HAAAAA

Before we all get too excited here, let's remember we backed into these playoffs.

We were given a chance by the Royals to get in, now let's take advantage of it!

We're facing an uphill battle against the Rays. Let's hope our men are up for the task!

We must win in that dome...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 04:07 AM)
Sorry for freaking out as we lost one, two, three, four and five in a row and not believing.

Those who never once did not b**** at our lack of balls, heart, fire, whatever ... take a bow.

We're all guilty of doubting this team at some point this season. But "Big Mo" is on our side and like another poser said, the Sox are in and that's all it takes! Had we never won in 05 there wouldn't be this feeling or doubt or expectation or whatever the hell has caused me to shake from 6:30 to 9:00 tonight. But now we've punched our ticket and anything goes.

It's crazy to look back at the season as a whole and all the emotions we've felt from Alexei starting the first game in center, the questions on Danks/Floyd, the frustrations with Swisher, Thome, PK, and the total collapse of the pen at the end of the season. But the second season starts Thursday and there is no pressure on the Sox compared to 05 when they lead the division from April to October. Go Go White Sox!!!!!!

I'm sorry for just being myself. I don't even need to explain that. It's not October baseball without my claims the team is choking and for them to come around and prove me wrong.

Before the final game of the Twins series I said that until we won a game in Minneapolis or the division, whichever came first, every post I would write would be only of people choking. After the sweep concluded I abandoned it because, I felt, I wouldn't be posting anything but a choking avatar until sometime around midyear 2009 at the earliest.

They really surprised me. The entire celebration reminded me how good it feels to watch your team celebrate. I'd like to say right now I'll be happy no matter what happens against Tampa, but I know that isn't true. If they're leading every game by five runs and the bullpen surrenders the lead every game I'll be pissed no matter how well the season ended.

What a difference a week makes.

The team played heartless and gutless all of last week and much of September. Now they have some fire in them.

I'm mostly sorry that I let a crappy patch of September baseball totally ruin my demeanor. This year's team just drives me nuts sometimes.

:gosox3: :gosox3:

I disappeared for the last month or so (partially because classes have been hard), but I am like the few here who just lost faith. But that doesn't mean I'm not a fan, at all. I am ECSTATIC that they won tonight, and it made my entire week. I really hope they come out strong and show the world that they aren't quitters. I will gladly eat my plate of crow, right now. But lets go, go-go White Sox! Get it done!

Not too many said they stopped caring, did they?

I christened them buried. I'm so glad they rallied to make the postseason. I just didn't want to imagine an offseason and future after losing 6 straight to end the regular season and wimpily go out.

Congrats to those who never wavered once. The Minnie losses were the ones that made me hop into insanity and anger, calling them pussies.

GO SOX!!