Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 05:42 PM)
Williams isnt the problem, and BOTH tackles are crappy run blockers, which isnt ideal. Pile on top of that the hole at LG and the aging C and the non-pass blocking RG and you have a ton of issues. If we have a good run blocking RT our running game would be alot better, and thats where I think people are confused about Williams. Its not that he is bad, its just he's in a bad spot.

IMO, poor run blocking hurts worse on the interior than it does for the tackles. Garza's actually still a decent run blocker. Kreutz is meh. Omiyale gets blown way off the line, sometimes into the RB and sometimes into Pace's back which is a hopeless situation. However if you did have a OT that was a better run blocker then he goes on the right, since more running plays go to the right. And you're right, we really don't have one. Pace USED to be a good run blocker, not so much now.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great.. it was an interception, and ruled a TD on the field. It was also reviewed and still ruled a TD. Thanks for this picture Sports Illustrated.

14742_660799969627_22606805_37453963_386

My favorite part is the ref staring RIGHT AT THE PLAY!!!!!!! Should have been a touchback, Dolphins ball.. Oh well, makes you wonder if some refs really do have money on the games.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 09:10 PM)
Sun Times is reporting Omiyale to the bench, Beekman taking over.

THANK.f***ING.GOD.

And it's not that I'm that excited about Beekman. But Omiyale is a joke. There was a reason nobody outside of a hardcore Panthers fan had never heard of the guy.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 04:07 AM)
This is great.. it was an interception, and ruled a TD on the field. It was also reviewed and still ruled a TD. Thanks for this picture Sports Illustrated.

My favorite part is the ref staring RIGHT AT THE PLAY!!!!!!! Should have been a touchback, Dolphins ball.. Oh well, makes you wonder if some refs really do have money on the games.

Do you have a video of the play somewhere? Looking at that picture it just looks like the ball is coming loose, I dont see anything you are talking about

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 04:07 AM)

So the Saints get the ball 1st and goal on the 1 correct or am I missing somethign?

As for the Bears why does it take so long for that team to realize what radio experts and I am talking about the guys that played the game have been saying for weeks.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
So the Saints get the ball 1st and goal on the 1 correct or am I missing somethign?

As for the Bears why does it take so long for that team to realize what radio experts and I am talking about the guys that played the game have been saying for weeks.

Not if it goes into the endzone and then out of bounds. Then it is Miami's ball at their own 20. I think that rule is pretty stupid.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 01:05 AM)
Amazing how top running backs just drop off from the face of the earth.

Terrell Davis

Shaun Alexander

Priest Holmes

Larry Johnson

LaDanian Tomlinson

I never thought Shaun Alexander was all that good. Always seemed slow to me, I thought he was a product of a stud offensive line, especially with Jones & Hutchinson next to each other on the left side

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 11:26 AM)
I never thought Shaun Alexander was all that good. Always seemed slow to me, I thought he was a product of a stud offensive line, especially with Jones & Hutchinson next to each other on the left side

I think top RB's have a shelf-life of around 6-7 years of top performance before someone is looking to replace them. There's just so many guys at various levels that could come in and rush for 1,000 plus yards in the NFL that it's hard to keep a RB job locked down past 27-28 years old now. I think Adrian Peterson is going to get worn down by the time he's 27-28 as well, especially with as much punishment as he likes to give(right William Gay?).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 05:25 AM)
Do you have a video of the play somewhere? Looking at that picture it just looks like the ball is coming loose, I dont see anything you are talking about

lol what?

The ball is clearly out of his hands..

And yes, he fumbled into and out of the endzone, so it should have been Miamis ball on the 20.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 01:28 PM)
lol what?

The ball is clearly out of his hands..

And yes, he fumbled into and out of the endzone, so it should have been Miamis ball on the 20.

The way you wrote that confused me, I didnt realize it was Sharper returning an INT for a touchdown and fumbled it out of the endzone, and I also didnt see a replay so I couldnt tell where the fumble was going to.