NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Our boy Bucher saying Cleveland or Chicago again.

This is ridiculous.

Shares of MSG went up 6% today.

Bucher has been all over the place!

I would imagine the 6% is based only on speculation, the government would and has nailed people if there's insider stuff going on.

The Bulls tried but there's no way he ever was coming to Chicago.

Michael Jordan is Chicago.

He's staying in Cleveland for two more years, then he'll do this again. He wouldn't do a big TV thing if it wasn't Cleveland. It's too much a snub to his home state to do that to Cleveland.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:49 PM)

I would imagine the 6% is based only on speculation, the government would and has nailed people if there's insider stuff going on.

Oh no, of course.

I didn't mean to imply anything illegal was going on.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)

He gained legitimacy with me for landing the Boozer news.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
The Bulls tried but there's no way he ever was coming to Chicago.

Michael Jordan is Chicago.

He's staying in Cleveland for two more years, then he'll do this again. He wouldn't do a big TV thing if it wasn't Cleveland. It's too much a snub to his home state to do that to Cleveland.

I say 3 years, but yes, that is an extremely realistic scenario

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
Our boy Bucher saying Cleveland or Chicago again.

This is ridiculous.

Shares of MSG went up 6% today.

You will hear Cleveland, Chicago, NY and Miami are all the front runners from different people multiple times until tomorrow. Nobody f***in knows. If I weren't a Bulls fan, I'd bet a lot of money on Chicago landing him but since I am, I'll say he ends up on the Knicks. I still don't think it's going to be Miami and I'm starting to think less and less that Cleveland has a shot. I'll say it's between the Bulls and Knicks right now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)

Well, he was saying Miami for Bosh and Wade all along too.

He knows his stuff. As does Broussard. As does Ford.

But they all made asses of themselves trying to cover this story.

MAITLAND, Fla. — Amid a report that Carlos Boozer has decided to sign with Chicago, the Utah Jazz are expected to engage in sign-and-trade talks with the Bulls.

ESPN reported that Boozer agreed to play for Chicago — a team and town he's been flirting with for the past year — with a five-year, $80-million contract.

A sign-and-trade between Utah and Chicago could add one year to Boozer's deal.

If the Bulls were to be able to lure reigning NBA MVP LeBron James to Chicago as well, Bulls small forward Luol Deng could be one piece of the sign-and-trade package.

James is expected to make an announcement on where he plans to play next season live on ESPN at 7 p.m. on Thursday.

If James were to go somewhere other than Chicago it's possible that Utah would ask to get back Bulls forward Taj Gibson as part of a possible sign-and-trade.

Other pieces would have to be added to make salaries conform to NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement rules, and there is no guarantee Chicago would even be open to considering a sign-and-trade.

Jazz personnel attending the Orlando Pro Summer League on Wednesday weren't able to immediately confirm the report.

Story continues below

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)

I also think this whole thing has been a lot more fluid than anyone expected... if you believe Chad Ford the Bulls could have had Bosh/Wade but decided to wait on LBJ instead, and I honestly think Wade was heavily leaning towards Miami on July 1, but things change.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
Why would he leave Cleveland? He can make more money there and it'd be dumb to leave.

I assume he approves of the new coach.

It's Cleveland.

He didn't even speak to his new coach today at his camp. Scott showed up to watch him play, and LeBron didn't even speak to him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
Why would he leave Cleveland?

You answered your own question!

It's Cleveland.

But anyway, NY Market>>>Chicago Market>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cleveland market. He'd make more basketball salary in Cleveland, but he'd make much less in endorsement and such.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
Carlos Boozer has Ben Wallace written all over it. He WILL NOT be a 20/10 guy in Chicago away from Sloan/DWill.

Not even close to the same player or situation. Not a good comparison my friend.