White Sox Trade Catch-All

hi8is

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
Haha. Ya I remember you were his biggest fan in that 08 draft and lobbied for him. (though there were a couple other posters too) I didn't blame you then or not though.. I still like that kid's upside. Shame hitting at Safeco might kill his power output though, unless he gets a bit stronger. Great plate discipline though.. probably will have around the same BB:SO ratio.. probably more BBs if/when he gets more dangerous at the plate.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention... he's a little league hitter from the right side at this moment.

He is everything you would want on paper, especially considering his plate discipline, but from what I've seen, I think he's gonna be a similar to Russell Braynan/Chris Davis/Hank Blalock except he has a better shot of sticking as a starter because he isn't an automatic K and will still draw a good amount of walks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
Sadly, there's talk in KC Greinke's shoulder is not right.

WTF with pitchers?

What is going on?

Incase you didn't know, he didn't hurt his shoulder pitching. It was during a play he tried to make, trying to field a ball or something

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
Whoa, this thread has added 10 pages since I last read it.

Is there anything in here of any real merit?

Merkin said Beckham has been told that he is going nowhere.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
I'm starting to get impatient. Just do SOMETHING, ANYTHING to alleviate my crippling trade deadline boredom.

Looking at that dot on your sig, I thought my computer screen was broken... or if I was tweaking.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
I'm starting to get impatient. Just do SOMETHING, ANYTHING to alleviate my crippling trade deadline boredom.

I've gone from really enjoying the trade deadline to absolutely hating it (same goes for Trade Winds).

It's like there is one actual rumor among 20 "I think we should do this" threads.

Omar sure thinks we need to add another player to this team....

"I think we need to add something," Vizquel said. "If it's not another pitcher, probably it's another hitter. This is a time where we really need to make a step towards getting better and to separate between the teams that are around, having a chance, and the teams that really need to go on to the playoffs.

"I guess the final cut is coming. This is the last time to make a change, and I think that with another guy on the team, we might secure the next step."

I enjoyed his first comment. Well if it's not a pitcher, then OBVIOUSLY it's a hitter. lol.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)

"I think we need to add something," Vizquel said. "If it's not another pitcher, probably it's another hitter. This is a time where we really need to make a step towards getting better and to separate between the teams that are around, having a chance, and the teams that really need to go on to the playoffs.

"I guess the final cut is coming. This is the last time to make a change, and I think that with another guy on the team, we might secure the next step."

I enjoyed his first comment. Well if it's not a pitcher, then OBVIOUSLY it's a hitter. lol.

I like Omar more now.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)

Good lord. Omar for player-manager. Ozzie for Spanish-language radio color man.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)

I agree. It's refreshing to hear someone state the obvious rather than falling back to "We have everything we need here in this clubhouse. I trust my teammates, blah, blah..."

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)

Kudos to OV...finally a candid and thoughtful comment by a guy who knows. I don't buy OG's crap about not needing anyone...he does that to curry favor with the players.

Edited by BearingPro

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
Brett Myers deserves so much more love on the trade market than he's getting. He looks sensational on the mound this season.

I was thinking about this the other day Myers makes a ton of sense as he can be moved to the pen if needed as he has had success there. My feeling is that the Astros are asking for the world.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)
Not sure if this has been posted yet

Per the Score this morning, Beckham was told by Kenny that he will not be traded.

So that nips Fielder talks I would assume.

Ya I posted that yesterday. Merkin was all over it.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
Would you guys do this trade (and do you think the DBacks would bite?)

Gordon Beckham + Daniel Hudson

for

Edwin Jackson + Kelly Johnson?

You keep your Vizquel/Viciedo/Teahen TriPlatoon at 3B for the rest of the year, or until the playoffs, you get a left-handed hitter with a decent OBP & Pop playing where Beckham was, and you have a rotation going into the playoffs that's pretty solid, and your 2011 rotation would be pretty ridiculous, and you have Johnson locked up for 2011 as well

Edit: This also allows you to keep the DH spot a swinging door between Quentin/Konerko/Viciedo or whatever versatility Ozzie wants

1000% no