08/29/10 - Yankees(Nova) Vs Sox(Floyd)

nitetrain8601

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Minny plays Detroit next. Detroit really has been playing pretty good ball lately. We play Cleveland. Its time to WAKE up vs the bottom feeders. There are 32 games left. Hopefully Seattle can hang on and help us out. We can't keep pissing away these opportunities. My hope is to go into that Minny series trailing 2.5 games which is still very possible! So yes I STILL want Manny!

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
Minny plays Detroit next. Detroit really has been playing pretty good ball lately. We play Cleveland. Its time to WAKE up vs the bottom feeders. There are 32 games left. Hopefully Seattle can hang on and help us out. We can't keep pissing away these opportunities. My hope is to go into that Minny series trailing 2.5 games which is still very possible! So yes I STILL want Manny!

Oh yeah, I still want him to. This offense should be much improved if not at least inspired when Manny gets here.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
still 4.5 gms out way to hold it down mariners

good! my hope of being 2.5 games back heading into that Minny series is still very possible now! Lets take care of the Tribe one game at a time. Manny better be headed their as well. Lets make this a September to remember. August sucks, lets move on and put pressure on those Twinkies!!!

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
Thanks Seattle!

The Twins played the Mariners toe-toe and the Sox did the same to the Yanks. I actually think the Sox outplayed the Yanks sans the Danks and Pena attempts. I still do not think the Twins are all that great and really struggle on the road.

I am fine with 4.5 back now go get Manny.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
it has come down to hoping the Mariners save our asses for at least one more day...lol

The Sox continue to be predictable. Predictable won't cut it. Win 2 of 3 vs the O's then lose 2 of 3 at home to New York.

They blow a good starting performance today.

Hope the team gets hot again. Going 3-3 vs. New York and the O's at home isn't very good when you are trying to make up ground.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
The Sox continue to be predictable. Predictable won't cut it. Win 2 of 3 vs the O's then lose 2 of 3 at home to New York.

They blow a good starting performance today.

Hope the team gets hot again. Going 3-3 vs. New York and the O's at home isn't very good when you are trying to make up ground.

I hoped they would go 4-2, but I am not surprised by the 3-3. Sweeping the O's would have made losing 2 of 3 to the Yanks more tolerable. At least we have the Mariners to thank for coming through today.