2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That type of stuff was always going to be on the cards (with the fans).

The Heat's main issue is defensively.

When they bring 100% effort and focus on the defensive end as they did against Orlando, they'll dominate teams.

But my guess is we'll only see that 50% of the time under Spoelstra, and this number will eventually increase come playoff time when Riley's been in the hot seat for about 25 games or so.

Wonder if Miami's regretting signing Joel Anthony to a 5 year deal after how he looked last night though.

lol, LeBron is such a p****. He basically said the Heat lost because he played too much. I mean I figured the minutes would wear on him, but I didn't think he'd be "tired" by the 9th game of the season.

When has he accepted responsibility for anything? Ever?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 12, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
lol, LeBron is such a p****. He basically said the Heat lost because he played too much. I mean I figured the minutes would wear on him, but I didn't think he'd be "tired" by the 9th game of the season.

When has he accepted responsibility for anything? Ever?

The worst part is that he's just so damn oblivious. There's lots of assholes out there in sports who know they're assholes. Lebron has no clue why anyone is upset with him, or why whining about playing too many minutes might reflect poorly on him.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 12, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
The worst part is that he's just so damn oblivious. There's lots of assholes out there in sports who know they're assholes. Lebron has no clue why anyone is upset with him, or why whining about playing too many minutes might reflect poorly on him.

It's because he's black

Has anyone anywhere in the sports world pointed this bit of statistics out?

Year Team MPG

02-03 CLE 39.5

03-04 CLE 42.4

04-05 CLE 42.5

05-06 CLE 40.9

06-07 CLE 40.4

07-08 CLE 37.7

08-09 CLE 39

09-10 MIA 37.6

Career -- 40.3

Yes, that's right, so far this year, he's averaging fewer minutes per game than he has any other season in his NBA career.

The last time someone put up a 30/30 game was Moses Malone in 1982. He did it twice in his career. Nate Thurmond sits in second place all-time with four 30/30 games. First place? Wilt Chamberlain... 103 times.

Over his last 3 games, Love is averaging 21 points and 21 rebounds. It's the second time in those three games that he's eclipsed the 20/20 mark (and no one noticed when he did it before).

He had fifteen rebounds in the 3rd quarter. That is just downright absurd.

f***ing amazing game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 13, 2010 -> 10:00 AM)
Nobody noting that Beasley's been solid alongside him as well?

Second time in Twolves history a player has scored 35+ points in back to back games. Only the 15th time in team history that two players have scored 30+ in the same game.

Beasley was the man down the stretch. He wanted the ball, wanted to take the shots, and he nailed them. These last two games have been amazing for him, and really a great look at the type of player he could become with more consistency.

It was noticed. Trust me :P

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 13, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
Second time in Twolves history a player has scored 35+ points in back to back games. Only the 15th time in team history that two players have scored 30+ in the same game.

Beasley was the man down the stretch. He wanted the ball, wanted to take the shots, and he nailed them. These last two games have been amazing for him, and really a great look at the type of player he could become with more consistency.

It was noticed. Trust me :P

Felix, your Wolves may not win a lot of games but they could be fun to watch is Beasley stays out of trouble and Flynn comes back.