2010 World Series: Rangers vs. Giants

Brian

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Gotta love a well rested Lee to start things off.

I'm kinda interested to see if pitching in game 6 affects Lincecum at all. I know it was only 3 batters, but sometimes pitchers struggle when their rhythm gets messed up so you never know. Lee refuses to pitch on 3 days rest, not cause hes not a gamer, but just because he knows he wont be as good.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...for-series.html

He's back. I'm kind of confused with what they mean here though

"Guillen also will serve as an in-game analyst for the first five innings for Fox Deportes before returning to the Fox Sports pregame set, where he will join Joe Buck and Tim McCarver as an analyst for late-inning strategy."

How will he joining Buck and McCarver if they're in the booth and not the pregame set?

And Rangers in 5.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...for-series.html

He's back. I'm kind of confused with what they mean here though

"Guillen also will serve as an in-game analyst for the first five innings for Fox Deportes before returning to the Fox Sports pregame set, where he will join Joe Buck and Tim McCarver as an analyst for late-inning strategy."

How will he joining Buck and McCarver if they're in the booth and not the pregame set?

And Rangers in 5.

Probably as a sideline analyst of sorts

I'm so glad that both the Phillies and Yankees are gone. I know the ratings for this series will probably suck, but I'll be tuned in because as a die hard baseball fan, I think it's going to be great.

As for the series itself, home field hasn't really been a huge factor for the most part since the All Star Game deciding it nonsense started in 2003. However, I think it will be big this year, even with the fact that Texas has been awesome on the road this postseason. I'll say Giants in 7, but this series is a complete tossup IMO.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
I'm so glad that both the Phillies and Yankees are gone. I know the ratings for this series will probably suck, but I'll be tuned in because as a die hard baseball fan, I think it's going to be great.

As for the series itself, home field hasn't really been a huge factor for the most part since the All Star Game deciding it nonsense started in 2003. However, I think it will be big this year, even with the fact that Texas has been awesome on the road this postseason. I'll say Giants in 7, but this series is a complete tossup IMO.

Completely agree with the bolded.

TEX in 6.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 10:01 AM)
I don't think the disparity in pitching is large enough for the Giants to win this. The Rangers have a potent offense, the Giants have Buster Posey.

BTW... doesn't Buster Posey make Brent Lillibridge look like middle aged? Geez, what is he, like 14? He looks like it. Talk about a baby face...

Other than their cool ballpark, theres nothing exciting about the Rangers. Even then, the Giants have probably the sweetest venue in the game. The Giants also have a roster I can really like, and also Juan Uribe.

When I held tickets, games against Texas (to me) were in the same category as games against KC and Baltimore. When I watch the Sox on tv next year, games against Texas will be in the same category as games against KC and Baltimore (even if they somehow manage to beat the Giants). My sincerest thanks to the Rangers for putting a damper on the Yankees next World Series berth, but it's time to get taken by the Giants. You're boring.

I also hope Cliff Lee gets demolished. It was a real nice gesture on the Yankees part to loan them their pitcher.

Giants in 5

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

They are a good team as evidenced by their October success, but *I* personally don't care at all about them. Cliff Lee can't wait to get the hell out of there for NY and I've heard more stories about the glory of Hamilton than the glory of Christ. I'm done with caring about how amazing it is that he stopped shooting heroin so he could resume being a pro ballplayer. That bit was tired about 3 HR's into his AB in last years (I think) HR Derby.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft