Bobby Jenks to the Red Sox

Pale Sox

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
I still can't believe that Ozzie isn't telling Oney to STFU, and instead seemed to almost be encouraging him to speak in the media.

No wonder we keep our own free agents around...they're scared to death of Ozzie writing a book about them if they leave.

Bobby isn't the same pitcher. We just couldn't rely on him anymore. The organization made the right choice to move on. Thorton has truly earned the right to be our every day closer.

How come when a player leaves after having success here, they feel the need to rip management? Maggs, Frank and now Bobby. I look at guys like Rowand, Thome and Ventura and realize how classy they were after they left. It makes me appreciate the quality of a person as a player a lot more.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
How come when a player leaves after having success here, they feel the need to rip management? Maggs, Frank and now Bobby. I look at guys like Rowand, Thome and Ventura and realize how classy they were after they left. It makes me appreciate the quality of a person as a player a lot more.

Ordonez, Thomas, and Jenks were three of the most insecure players to play for the Sox. Lots of stuff going on for those guys off the field....it's as if they were especially paranoid.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
Bobby isn't the same pitcher. We just couldn't rely on him anymore. The organization made the right choice to move on. Thorton has truly earned the right to be our every day closer.

Thome didn't say anything directly but he hinted at something being wrong in the Sox organization in some of his quotes, IMO. When he kept saying the Twins "know how to do things," to me he's saying that the Sox have issues either in the coaching staff, management, or both.

Jenks was babied and coddled by the White Sox, in his mind, they turned on him and didn't show him loyalty and now he's pouting.

I'm sure if you asked anyone in the Sox clubhouse if they wanted him around this year, the answer would be "no way," not with the way he's pitched the last two seasons and how he's let himself get completely out of shape.

As far as Ozzie goes, if we don't make the playoffs this year (barring massive injuries)....then he should go.

Ozzie and KW have never learned how to let an open microphone or opportunity to justify themselves go by, and, if you took Oney out of the equation, I'd argue KW does just as much damage as Ozzie.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
Wow, Ozzie should have just STFU. Oney did enough damage by calling him out a few months ago, and if Ozzie didn't think Jenks was going to say anything in return, then he's very naive. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Jenks has gone back to some of the bad habits that he was involved with. At this point, I just hope he can live a healthy life.

Bobby Jenks=Charlie Sheen?

Minus Denise Richards and a string of prostitutes, but the guy's been enabled by too many others ever since his fastball lit up the scouts' guns and he was a top prospect (then busted) with the Angels. I guess Sheen's worst due to the more varied hardcore drugs he's put into his system, but both are still very much in denial of having problems.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 11:10 PM)
Bobby Jenks=Charlie Sheen?

Minus Denise Richards and a string of prostitutes, but the guy's been enabled by too many others ever since his fastball lit up the scouts' guns and he was a top prospect (then busted) with the Angels. I guess Sheen's worst due to the more varied hardcore drugs he's put into his system, but both are still very much in denial of having problems.

I love it, as I always thought Jenks striking out Bagwell in Game 1 of the WS was Wild Thing-esque at the end of Major League.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
Ordonez, Thomas, and Jenks were three of the most insecure players to play for the Sox. Lots of stuff going on for those guys off the field....it's as if they were especially paranoid.

It's also safe to say that the Sox have done a good job, while they're in the city, of handling these sorts of prima-donna's the last decade or two, from the owner on down. The Bulls have done so as well (Scottie, 23, Rodman).

In every one of these cases, it always seems like they're ripping the Sox for getting tired of their act.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)
If Bobby is going to continue to question the organization, he should be smart enough to realize that he is going to be questioned back. Not to mention, how many times does it take before Bobby Jenks finally shuts his own piehole?

If he starts creating problems in the White Sox's locker room by getting Ozzie and his players fueding with him and with himself, isn't that a good thing for him?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
If he starts creating problems in the White Sox's locker room by getting Ozzie and his players fueding with him and with himself, isn't that a good thing for him?

As opposed to torpedoing Bobby's own career because everyone knows he is a drunk/insecure/baby/whateverelse?