WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
Ozzie Guillen Not hacerte tributes nor straws of that if nonvelar by yours

Ozzie Guillen To your family the best thing and than if there is halgo that to do is to take care of yours and to help them Ozzie Guillen Of all all God carrao has in the glory our great Venezuelan

Ozzie Guillen They leave our great entertainment quiet do not joden to anybody

Ozzie Guillen That is the few cases that are left us to smile and to aupar and to mention mother please dejenlo like this by or or badly

Ozzie Guillen Nonjodamos little that we have the baseball. Todavian our fanatics play the great leagues for a reason and the town

Ozzie Guillen That a day as today they do not want them to joder the only case that we enjoyed like the hallacas the bagpipes joropo blow tuyero

Ozzie Guillen Sir carrao always estaras with our baseball

Ozzie Guillen And oirte we are proud of that you are for Venezuela not the one that you were you are pure stock Ozzie Guillen You were example for all the Venezuelans your never you moriras in our mind at least those that had the

honor of conocerte Ozzie Guillen Bracho rests peacefully of best of my country carrao.

Probably an exact translation.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at Tank's stats after being out of town for a week. He has a plus 1.000 OPS the last two months. He has a higher OPS on the road (and Charlotte is a hitter's park). He also has 47 RBI in 63 games, which is about 120 RBI over a full season. What f***ing more does a guy have to do?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
I do not think this will be true for much longer though. Scott Merkin had a piece on Whitesox.com about Viciedo and he was also on the score with Rosenbloom and McKnight earlier this evening. Merkin seems to believe that Kenny would ideally move Quentin to LF right now and call up Viciedo to start in RF. He also makes mention in the article of KW saying that Viciedo and Quentin will be in the same Sox OF at some point and it is someone else's job to figure out who leads off. Ozzie obviously would rather have a more traditional leadoff type hitter and hence sticks with Pierre. IMO, Kenny is dropping the ball though by not overruling Ozzie and making the move if that is indeed true.

It's his job to DFA Pierre for assignment.

I suppose they BOTH are hoping and praying that Pierre finally comes to life for an extended period of time during interleague play.

If not, it's KW's job to take Pierre away from Ozzie as an option and supply a better one, internally or by trade.

Throwing your hands up in the air and saying it's someone else's problem, that's total B.S. I really don't think Williams even believes that crap, either.

At this point, Lillibridge or Ramirez are the best options. They absolutely have to get a more productive hitter in a position where he's getting the most plate appearances on the team.

Do they really believe Pierre will just "catch fire" and steal 25-30 bags in the second half of the season when the hot, humid summer weather starts to catch up with all the players in August/September?

The White Sox historically have faded down the stretch. Maybe younger blood around the time can help counteract that effect. It's worth a try, because what they're doing now against Minnesota and Detroit simply isn't working.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 12:40 AM)
Just looked at Tank's stats after being out of town for a week. He has a plus 1.000 OPS the last two months. He has a higher OPS on the road (and Charlotte is a hitter's park). He also has 47 RBI in 63 games, which is about 120 RBI over a full season. What f***ing more does a guy have to do?

Kill Juan Pierre.

You know that sinking feeling every time Juan Pierre steps to the plate, and you know the absolute best outcome is a bloop single? Now close your eyes and imagine that instead of Juan Pierre, it's Dayan stepping into the box with his quietly dangerous stance. He gets a fastball, and it looks like he's taking the pitch. Then all of a sudden you see lighting fast bat speed knock a line drive double to RF.

This could and should be a common reality in our lives, and the fact it isn't is utterly disturbing.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:46 AM)
You know that sinking feeling every time Juan Pierre steps to the plate, and you know the absolute best outcome is a bloop single? Now close your eyes and imagine that instead of Juan Pierre, it's Dayan stepping into the box with his quietly dangerous stance. He gets a fastball, and it looks like he's taking the pitch. Then all of a sudden you see lighting fast bat speed knock a line drive double to RF.

This could and should be a common reality in our lives, and the fact it isn't is utterly disturbing.

I also want Dayan, but he'll make his share of outs.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:46 AM)

Thanks a lot, now I have to change my underwear.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:00 AM)
No. Only opposite field doubles. Get a grip.

Oh, please. I pointed out the oppo hits because there's a huge % of folks here who think he's the all-or-nothing, pull-happy, strikeout-king type. He isn't.

He's a high-average, line drive machine with a great approach. And he's quickly learning that a lot of pitchers would rather deal with the next guy in the lineup and taking his walks.

Kid'll have growing pains and plenty of bad days. And that will still be WORLDS better than what we're getting from our LF today.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
Oh, please. I pointed out the oppo hits because there's a huge % of folks here who think he's the all-or-nothing, pull-happy, strikeout-king type. He isn't.

He's a high-average, line drive machine with a great approach. And he's quickly learning that a lot of pitchers would rather deal with the next guy in the lineup and taking his walks.

Kid'll have growing pains and plenty of bad days. And that will still be WORLDS better than what we're getting from our LF today.

His bad days are pierre's every day

pierre's good days are his average days

his good days are not avaialable to pierre at thsi time

Seems like benching JP and calling up DV has become an epidemic.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_...=fantasy-wp3973

Just a few days ago, in an interview with MLB.com, White Sox farmhand Dayan Viciedo(notes) announced, "I'm ready." When general manager Ken Williams was asked to assess the young slugger's progress, he agreed: "He's ready."

So there aren't many questions within the organization about Viciedo's readiness. That's a good sign. The 22-year-old is hitting .325/.370/.542 this season at Triple-A Charlotte, with 11 homers, 21 doubles and 47 RBIs. Over his last 10 games, Viciedo has been a monster: 18-for-39, five doubles, one homer, six RBIs, three walks, six multi-hit games.

The numbers say he's ready, the player says he's ready, the GM says he's ready. You'll recall that Viciedo hit .308 for Chicago last season in 104 at-bats, posting an OPS of .840. He's shifted full-time to the outfield, yet still qualifies at third base in Yahoo! leagues. There's legit fantasy potential here.

Here's more hype from Williams, for those who need it:

"He is slowly acquiring a little bit more plate discipline, and the ball comes off of his bat harder than anyone we have," said Williams, who regularly sees Viciedo through minor league video feeds that he has at U.S. Cellular Field. "And the sky is the limit to where his potential can take him. Getting him off of third base and putting him in the outfield, it has really helped him start to make some progress offensively."

The GM added, "I'm not going to bring him here to sit." So when The Tank is recalled, we can expect him to have an everyday role. Viciedo's arrival would presumably mean that the dreadful Juan Pierre(notes) would cease to have an everyday role — and that would be a huge win for the Sox.

In case you haven't noticed, Pierre has been an all-phases disaster this season. He's reaching base at a lousy .319 clip, he's slugging just .299, he's been caught stealing nine times in 19 attempts, and he's committed five errors in left field, delivering a UZR of -8.0. His atrocious late-inning defense led to a pair of Matt Thornton(notes) blown saves early in the year.

It shouldn't surprise anyone to learn that Pierre is dead-last in baseball in Wins Above Replacement (WAR), at -1.2. In a nutshell, WAR is a stat that measures a player's total contributions to winning, comparing his production to the performance that might be expected from, say, Florence Henderson. (At least that's how I like to think of it). And yes, sabermetrics has definitively proven that the White Sox would be a better team if Juan Pierre were replaced by Florence Henderson.

Thus, we know they would be better with Dayan Viciedo in right, Carlos Quentin(notes) in left, Pierre in exile, and Brent Lillibridge(notes) in a utility role. Let's make this thing happen, Mr. Williams. The kid is ready.

LMAO. He said Florence Henderson. I'm not drinking any beer right now. But I imagine I would've choked on it due to excessive laughter if I was.

I didn't realize how staggering Viciedo's numbers have been since a relatively slow start. If you look at hitting and only hitting, there's only a few guys in the minors I'd take over him. And that's only the Bryce Harper's and Mike Trout's of the world.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
I didn't realize how staggering Viciedo's numbers have been since a relatively slow start. If you look at hitting and only hitting, there's only a few guys in the minors I'd take over him. And that's only the Bryce Harper's and Mike Trout's of the world.

Wait, you're complimenting a White Sox prospect on his development and performance and rating it as a success?

I thought the rapture was rescheduled to October, not June.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
Wait, you're complimenting a White Sox prospect on his development and performance and rating it as a success?

I thought the rapture was rescheduled to October, not June.

Are you insinuating that I just hate on White Sox prospects no matter what they're doing? If so, that's BS. I hate so much on our system because it's warranted. But what the hell am I supposed to say about Viciedo? Yeah, you want to see more plate discipline. But he's improved in that regard. He'll never be Barry Bonds or Frank. But that's pretty damn rare.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
I just don't understand the logic of this organization when the damn GM comes out and says this dude is ready. Then bring him the f*** up and sit Juan Pierre.

I said this last week, but it sure seems like KW's way of throwing Ozzie under the bus.