Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
Why would I be happy? He's a great manager.

No surprise though. It was obvious he'd be gone for a long time.

Get ready for a KW puppet.

I'd expect next season most fans will turn on KW when we suck again. Hard to blame Ozzie for next year when he's sunning in Florida.

In case you haven't noticed in the game threads, the White Sox have been irrelevant for most of this season.

It can't get any worse.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)

I'd expect next season most fans will turn on KW when we suck again. Hard to blame Ozzie for next year when he's sunning in Florida.

I would LOVE a KW puppet. Know why? because teams are built to play the way they're built to play - ozzie trying to play smallball with a power hitting team has always been retarded. retarded. A GM has to have power over his manager and personnel. End of story. This whole "manager is the face of the franchise" bulls*** is over, and good riddance.

And Jermaine Dye in his final season was a great defender.

I love puppets! Best.Day.Ever!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:22 AM)
Greg, your post may be absolutely terrible, but at least we know you are still alive and didnt slit your wrists.

Change is coming, finally.

The cheap White Sox now have a chance to sell season tickets this winter.

I'd expect an all out blame game heading Oz's way. That way not a lot of roster changes will need to be made to keep fans' hope up.

They'll be blaming Ozzie and saying we have one of the best rotations in baseball (yeah right, with Zach and Humber in the rotation and Mark maybe gone). And they'll be saying Dunn n Rios and Beckham now have new life.

Ticket sales will skyrocket?

Your side lost, JR picked KW over Ozzie.

Please get over it by making a "straw man" argument that JJ Putz should have been the closer. That will deflect all the attention away from reality.

Or provide a bitter diatribe like Greg775 that will be entertaining to read in a couple of seasons when Loria and the fans in South Florida lose patience with the Guillen clan.

JR made a horrible move... I willing to accept it, I'm also willing to accept this organization failing for at least next 5 years..

Reality is, Ozzie is blamed for Kenny's mistakes.. I don't need to deflect from it.

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
I would LOVE a KW puppet. Know why? because teams are built to play the way they're built to play - ozzie trying to play smallball with a power hitting team has always been retarded. retarded. A GM has to have power over his manager and personnel. End of story. This whole "manager is the face of the franchise" bulls*** is over, and good riddance.

Reddy is awesome.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
JR made a horrible move... I willing to accept it, I also willing to accept this organization failing for at least 5 years..

Reality is, Ozzie is blamed for Kenny's mistakes.. I don't need to deflect from it.

ozzie is blameless? wow. that's a pretty sweet gig he had then.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:23 AM)

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:23 AM)
And Jermaine Dye in his final season was a great defender.

1.) Buddy Bell here we come.

Or maybe Joey Cora? I would expect a very very quiet, dull, even ornery to the media Bevington type personality wise.

2.) I loved Jermaine Dye.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)
The cheap White Sox now have a chance to sell season tickets this winter.

I'd expect an all out blame game heading Oz's way. That way not a lot of roster changes will need to be made to keep fans' hope up.

They'll be blaming Ozzie and saying we have one of the best rotations in baseball (yeah right, with Zach and Humber in the rotation and Mark maybe gone). And they'll be saying Dunn n Rios and Beckham now have new life.

Ticket sales will skyrocket?

Our little gregory. Throwing a hissy fit won't bring your manager back. Cheer up and go watch cartoons.