KW and SOX fans are to blame for this mess..

SOXOBAMA

I am so tired of Sox fans bashing Jerry Reinsdorf.. The Sox has been in the top 10 in payroll many times but the fans continue not to show up to the ballpark.

I been to the ballpark many times while we were contending first place, on a warm sunny night and the stadium was still half full..

Edited by SOXOBAMA

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Economy.

Ticket prices.

Parking.

Prioritizing your family/having enough money to buy Christmas presents, take a family vacation OR buy an Ozzie Plan.

Not a difficult choice for all but the most ardent of Sox fans.

With the product on the field the last 3 years, and with how things are ending with Buehrle and probably 1/3rd of the roster, what fans would want to support that type of organization? To watch Dunn/Rios/Peavy? REALLY?

The White Sox have never priced their packages to the middle class or casual fan since they opened the new ballpark. With the White Sox, it literally is about that Top 10% and corporations, not the stereotypical blue collar South Side diehard fan of the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's.

If Kenny Williams was gone, you'd have a heckuva lot more optimism about the future.

Still, the Blackhawks have shown you can take a franchise from the dumps of despair back to the penthouse fairly quickly.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 04:00 AM)
Economy.

Ticket prices.

Parking.

Prioritizing your family/having enough money to buy Christmas presents, take a family vacation OR buy an Ozzie Plan.

With the product on the field the last 3 years, and with how things are ending with Buehrle and probably 1/3rd of the roster, what fans would want to support that type of organization? To watch Dunn/Rios/Peavy? REALLY?

The White Sox have never priced their packages to the middle class or casual fan since they opened the new ballpark. With the White Sox, it literally is about that Top 10% and corporations, not the stereotypical blue collar South Side diehard fan of the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's.

If Kenny Williams was gone, you'd have a heckuva lot more optimism about the future.

Still, the Blackhawks have shown you can take a franchise from the dumps of despair back to the penthouse fairly quickly.

Great post.

I guess the true diehard working stiff Southsider can still get into games up in nosebleed on certain nights there are deals, though. Right?

Monday nights or some sort?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
I am willing to bet our attendence suck in 08, when we went to the playoffs.

We averaged 30k a game that year. This was after that disastrous 2007 season. You might want to pass some of that blame to the team who decided to take the first couple of months off the last 2 years to start the season.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
People who only just show up when the team is doing great, is not a real fan IMO..

I am proud to be a Sox fan if we win or lose 100 games..

Then you are a Cubs' fan, lol.

This circular argument always goes around in the same directions.

I will never refuse to go to a Sox game or pay for tickets when I have have the opportunity, but I don't live in Chicago so it's a lot harder.

2008 was primarily a result of the disaster known as 2007. Fans were skeptical after the end of 2006 and most of 2007. It's the nature of Sox fans, you know that.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)

The Blackhawks (and Bulls) would be nowhere without being the worst team in their league for multiple seasons and getting high draft picks that panned out.

Then you are a Cubs' fan, lol.

This circular argument always goes around in the same directions.

I will never refuse to go to a Sox game or pay for tickets when I have have the opportunity, but I don't live in Chicago so it's a lot harder.

2008 was primarily a result of the disaster known as 2007. Fans were skeptical after the end of 2006 and most of 2007. It's the nature of Sox fans, you know that.

Few years ago, we were in first place at the all star break and nobody showed up to the ballpark in the first half.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
I am so tired of Sox fans bashing Jerry Reinsdorf.. The Sox has been in the top 10 in payroll many times but the fans continue not to show up to the ballpark.

I been to the ballpark many times while we were contending first place, on a warm sunny night and the stadium was still half full..

Signed Jerry Reinsdorf

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Economy.

Ticket prices.

Parking.

I agree............Sox fans have to be shown a good product on the field, unlike the sheep on the other side of town where 75% go to drink beer, watch girls in bikini tops and has no idea what the score is or who is playing.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Few years ago, we were in first place at the all star break and nobody showed up to the ballpark in the first half.

Before the first half 26-5 run, we were a very average team...there was talk of dismantling/firesale for 2-3 weeks before that happened, if you remember correctly.

Most Sox fans, despite the excitement, felt (with the exception of the Braves' series) that those wins were against mostly hapless NL East competition and the lousy Cubs.

And we promptly got mowed down by the Twins in two key series coming out of the break as well.

As quickly as we built that lead, Jenks and Thornton just as abruptly and heartbreakingly choked it away. And Jim Thome was right there in the middle, inflicting the killer blow (thanks to Ozzie's brainchild, the dreaded Kotsay/Jones platoon).

Edited by caulfield12

What I'm more concerned about now is what the Sox even get back for the guys they will most likely trade away. I had high hopes for the winter meetings, and all we got was an odd Sergio trade. I realize that the winter meetings are for laying groundwork, but I wonder how much was accomplished. I have a bad feeling only a few trades are going to occur, and the Sox will end with not a whole lot in return. 2012 could be a bad year made worse by knowing that there's still not much in the farm.

It's baseball.

You can blame whoever you want and give others amnesty all you want but at the end of the day...

Jerry owns the team and chooses his employees

Those employees choose and manage men who play a game.

Those men either score more runs than the other team or they don't.

It's not a life or death thing and honestly 162 baseball games a year (81 at home) is a rediculous amount of games.

It's hard to care about anything in this cut extra spending where you can/abundance of entertainment world we live in for too long.

I like our stadium (especially our AZ one since I live in Tempe), but they aren't going to draw consistently unless we are a top team.

Because we the fans expect it. We are White Sox fans, not Cubs fans, not Yankees fans, not Red Sox fans, etc.

We like things you can put on the board, duck snorts, and seeing the opponent grab some bench.

Once everyone in the White Sox organization starts producing more of those things consistently at a top quality rate, we will come.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Economy.

Ticket prices.

Parking.

bulls*** to the bolded part. sox offer 1/2 price mondays, and plenty of other offers. the 2012 monday price is as low as $7. that's less than the cost of a beer at the park.

if you're not an upper deck snob, you will find good deals to go to a game.

as for parking, the united center has parking from $20-$35, and the bears have parking that STARTS at $35(if you're lucky to get it when they go on sale). so the sox selling parking at $23 is within the range of chicago sports. ALSO, the sox allow you to tailgate, something that cannot be said at the united center.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:10 AM)
bulls*** to the bolded part. sox offer 1/2 price mondays, and plenty of other offers. the 2012 monday price is as low as $7. that's less than the cost of a beer at the park.

if you're not an upper deck snob, you will find good deals to go to a game.

as for parking, the united center has parking from $20-$35, and the bears have parking that STARTS at $35(if you're lucky to get it when they go on sale). so the sox selling parking at $23 is within the range of chicago sports. ALSO, the sox allow you to tailgate, something that cannot be said at the united center.

Not to mention the Sox have train and bus lines that drop you off at a fraction of that right in front of the ballpark.