2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
Meh. I don't have a problem with Rose wanting to keep mental note of teams/players he felt "disrespected" him or his team if that helps to fire him up or whatever. Not sure what the Pacers really did. They got a big road win against a team with the best record in basketball. I would imagine one would be a little more hype after that than by beating anyone of the Wizards, Bobcats, Cavs, Pistons, Raptors or any other putrid eastern conference team. But there's a team come Sunday that Rose needs to worry about. A team that humbled him last year. The one, and only, team standing in the way of a finals appearance this year. Save your fury for them.

I agree. That's is the attitude that the great competitors have. Whatever gets you focused and gets you ready to give it all to win.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
The Bulls aren't saying exactly what the injury is so it's hard to predict exactly what is going on in Deng's wrist. There are only two structures in the wrist that are absolutely crucial to stability in the wrist. One is the scapho-lunate ligament. If this is the one he tore it will be really diffcult to flexion or extension in his wrist without pain. It will be a real struggle for him and surgery is usally indicated sooner rather than later. The other structure is the triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC). It is a stucture similar to the menicus in the knee. It spreads out the forces in the wrist and holds the radius and ulna together at the proximal part of the wrist. Again, surgery is usually indicated sooner rather than later to maintain stability for the wrist.

Any other ligament really isn't crucial to the wrist stabilty. They are usually treated like a sprained ankle, rest and bracing until you can do the activity unless it feels to unstable to him. My guess is that he will try to play within the week and test it in game conditions and go from there but if it gets wrorse an extended period of time could be needed to let the pain and swelling go down.

Thanks for coming into the thread to supply info.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
Thanks for coming into the thread to supply info.

No prblem. I really couldn't help much as they aren't releasing excatly what the injury is and it's quiet even on the trainer's gravevine.

ESPN has made Rose's comment such a big deal that it has been the headline of its NBA section for the entire day. The article already has 5000+ comments already. And most of the posters are anti Rose or anti Bulls, calling Rose a cry baby for losing or whatever. To me, this is not even close to Bosh crying literally last year after losing to the Bulls. It seems now the Bulls, not the Heat are the cry babies of the nation.

As documented by Tom and others, Rose's emotional instigator this time around centered on Indiana's celebration after getting a hard-fought, come-from-behind W in possibly the league's most hostile environment. Rose's insinuation? The Pacers celebrated too heartily. The real story? Indiana's a threat, and Rose knows it. The outcry of emotion only confirms it. You see, this wasn't about the celebration.Teams celebrate wins all of the time. Heck, Joakim Noah energetically celebrates any and every play that displays even a hint of team success.

But this wasn't just a celebration, it was a loss. Worse yet, it was a loss to "those guys." You know "those guys" who said they'd rather play the Bulls than anyone else in the playoffs. "Those guys" who warred against Rose's team in a physical five-game series, and who held a fourth-quarter lead in four of the five games. "Those guys" with the coach who tells anyone who will listen that his team can and will beat any opponent his Blue-and-Gold boys play.

More at Link http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/1/26/2738...asketball-world

March 5th. Rose is going to shatter their whole team.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 07:28 PM)
ESPN has made Rose's comment such a big deal that it has been the headline of its NBA section for the entire day. The article already has 5000+ comments already. And most of the posters are anti Rose or anti Bulls, calling Rose a cry baby for losing or whatever. To me, this is not even close to Bosh crying literally last year after losing to the Bulls. It seems now the Bulls, not the Heat are the cry babies of the nation.

The whole thing is stupid and overblown. Players shouldn't be happy when they lose, especially at home. Players should be happy when they win, especially on the road.

Who gives a s*** which players think what after the loss?

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 10:21 PM)
The whole thing is stupid and overblown. Players shouldn't be happy when they lose, especially at home. Players should be happy when they win, especially on the road.

If it motivates one of the best players on the planet to go to another level? The Pacers.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 10:21 PM)

And to add to this, who gives a s*** what posters on ESPN.com think?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 08:44 AM)
If it motivates one of the best players on the planet to go to another level? The Pacers.

I'm assuming that the only reason this "matters" at all is a potential meetup in the playoffs, and frankly, if you aren't going to be motivated to play at your best level in the playoffs regardless of your opponent, then you shouldn't be in professional sports.

This entire thing is overwhelmingly stupid.

edit: Am I missing the part where the Pacers did anything to show up the Bulls? From my understanding, they didn't teabag the Bull that's painted at halfcourt. Rose is pissed because he could hear them in their lockerroom celebrating the win. I mean, if he wants to get pissed over that, he's more than welcome to, but you shouldn't need that type of motivation to play hard against an opponent you already don't like and have history against. So why does ANYONE care?

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)
I'm assuming that the only reason this "matters" at all is a potential meetup in the playoffs, and frankly, if you aren't going to be motivated to play at your best level in the playoffs regardless of your opponent, then you shouldn't be in professional sports.

This entire thing is overwhelmingly stupid.

edit: Am I missing the part where the Pacers did anything to show up the Bulls? From my understanding, they didn't teabag the Bull that's painted at halfcourt. Rose is pissed because he could hear them in their lockerroom celebrating the win. I mean, if he wants to get pissed over that, he's more than welcome to, but you shouldn't need that type of motivation to play hard against an opponent you already don't like and have history against. So why does ANYONE care?

Two paragraphs on not caring. Impressive.

One last thought on the Bulls/Pacers game and I don't like using the injury card but really, and this isn't a slam on Indy but if Deng and Taj played that game, the Bulls would've won, I have no doubt about that, those two are our best man defenders.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)
I'm disappointed, all this talk about basically meaningless comments from Rose and no discussion about how Boozer is so f***ing terrible on defense that he got removed in the final minute of the game against the Pacers for Brian Scalabrine.

I think everyone here has spent enough of their time complaining about Carlos Boozer to the point that it's not news anymore. Boozer's not hitting a 3 in that situation, either, so I don't really see how it changes anything.