2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Feb 4, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
Golden State. But that was early.

I don't even consider that one bad. That came right after the Christmas day win against the Lakers. And it was on the road. Warriors are one of those teams that can give you fits when they're hitting their shots. I know you can say that about a lot of teams. But a lot of teams don't have shot-makers equal to Curry, Lee, Ellis and Wright on the same team.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 08:51 AM)
How do refs miss the initial foul which probably would have prevented the kick? Still bush league by Love. Did the Rockets get even later?

i saw a tweet that Love went into the Houston locker room after the game to personally apologize to Scola in front of the team. That is pretty brave

But yea, all kinds of dirty play going on before the headstomp occurred, the refs just let that get out of hand. This really has been one of the worst years of officiating I have seen in a long time.

Unfortunately I didn't actually see the game, but I'd imagine Love was heavily provoked before doing that sort of thing. That's pretty far out of his regular comfort range.

Upon rewatching it again (and again), I honestly don't think it was intentional. It looks like his foot got caught up in Scola's arms when he was about to go up court and he really had no other place to step. I wouldn't be surprised if he's suspended, but I don't really think he was intentionally trying to step on Scola's face. That being said, it's hilarious that they didn't call any of that play a foul. That's about as obvious as you can get.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
It's SB Sunday. I've consumed quite a bit of alcohol and I'm still currently drinking and the game hasn't started yet. But this is what I'm thinking at the moment: It doesn't make any sense but I would not trade Luol Deng straight up for Dwight Howard.

Fixed for free

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)
Unfortunately I didn't actually see the game, but I'd imagine Love was heavily provoked before doing that sort of thing. That's pretty far out of his regular comfort range.

Upon rewatching it again (and again), I honestly don't think it was intentional. It looks like his foot got caught up in Scola's arms when he was about to go up court and he really had no other place to step. I wouldn't be surprised if he's suspended, but I don't really think he was intentionally trying to step on Scola's face. That being said, it's hilarious that they didn't call any of that play a foul. That's about as obvious as you can get.

This almost sounds like a Lions fan trying to defend Suh. :lolhitting

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,6352727.story

By K.C. Johnson, Tribune reporter

10:28 a.m. CST, February 6, 2012

NEWARK, N.J. -- Keith Bogans is a survivor, a big reason he started all 98 regular-season and playoff games the Chicago Bulls played last season when nobody expected him to and also why he landed with the New Jersey Nets after two months of unemployment.

This toughness manifested itself again Monday morning, when he talked emotionally about the Bulls releasing him and eloquently about the bond he formed with his former teammates.

“Those 15 guys I was in the locker room with were all my brothers,” Bogans told the Tribune. “I formed a bond with them that I probably haven’t formed with another team that I’ve played on. That was like my family. All those guys reached out to me when I got released. They were genuinely hurt when I didn’t come back. DRose, Joakim (Noah), Luol (Deng), all reached out and asked me what’s going on. I didn’t have an answer for them.

“I had one of the best seasons I’ve played and that was one of the best teams I’ve played on. It was a great experience. I wouldn’t trade it. I loved played for Tom (Thibodeau). He’s a great coach with my style, defense first. I don’t know why they waived me. I get upset every time I talk about it.”

To recap: The Bulls pulled Bogans from the practice floor minutes before the first training camp practice on Dec. 9. They officially waived him on Dec. 16, three days before a decision was due on picking up his $1.73 million team option and one day after they signed Richard Hamilton.

Bogans expressed frustration over how the sequence of events unfolded. He said he participated in informal workouts at Berto Center the week of Dec. 5 under the impression from agent Joel Bell, whom he has since fired, that the Bulls would bring him back. And Bogans said interest from Portland got scuttled when the Bulls held his rights from the time they pulled him off the floor on Dec. 9 to his official Dec. 16 release.

That the Bulls waived him 24 hours after signing Hamilton suggests they were merely waiting for Hamilton to clear his physical and that deal to become official. League sources also indicated at the time the Bulls were monitoring long-shot possibilities to parlay Bogans’ option into a sign-and-trade to net a draft pick.

“When I walked in the gym and they told me I wasn’t practicing after they had seen me all week since Monday, that was kind of a slap in the face,” Bogans told the Tribune. “But it’s cool. I’ve been through a lot in this league but nothing like that. It definitely made me a better man, a better person and a better basketball person.

“I put everything on the line each night. I played with a hurt knee 82 games. I took a pill 82 games to get that (release) in return. Every time I play them for the rest of my career, it will give me something added.”

Bogans said he returned to his residence in Orlando and turned his frustration into intense workouts, waiting for his phone to ring. He is fully recovered from an offseason scope on his knee and hired Dan Fegan to represent him. With Anthony Morrow out for personal reasons, Bogans might even start against the Bulls.

“That’s even better,” Bogans said. “I can’t wait. I tried to figure my release out for a while and I couldn’t. So I let it go. I’m going to move on.”

kcjohnson@tribune.com