2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 10:52 PM)
Wow this is ridiculous, the guy almost goes out of his way to say things that will draw criticism and now is going on how he is treated unfairly and nobody else is attacked for things they post. Everyone that watches any of the NBA knows Howard >>>> Deng and it's not even up for debate. When SS2k5 posted the things about Jordan everyone called him an idiot and he handled it very poorly, probably to the point that like you said most don't even care what he says in this thread. Steve/Felix are usually taking as much heat as you and if you cant handle it go cry to your parents or someone who cares.

Oh my goodness. This is going to be my last post in this thread until the playoffs. I'm just going to wait until chat starts again. Because this sucks. Look, I'm not saying that everybody here doesn't know Howard >>>> Deng. Fact is nobody said anything insulting to him. Yeah, this is Soxtalk. But let's face it: It's soxbullsbearstalk in reality. I left the Blackhawks out because hockey is not a real sport and nobody outside of the diehards care about it. That, (Duke's) was a troll or f*** it, just a random whatever post. Now, if I said anything as ridiculous as that, Rose for anybody not named LeBron, Howard, Durant post, I'm gettin' reamed. It would be worse than the fat dude from Seinfeld when he tried to get on Julia Robers in Pretty Woman.

Two, I don't even say anything that f***ed up. It just seems like that because again, this is a chicago centric site. If I go to realgm, the mother of basketball boards (at least traffic wise), the stuff I say wouldn't be a big deal at all. 2K5 went troll one day. Yeah, people disputed what he said. But where were the basketball retarded comments? Where were the troll comments? Where were the you're an idiot comments? Let me call somebody retarded and yes, oh my goodness, 3-5 day suspension. I don't feel like I can say anything that goes against the Bulls without getting ambushed. And that's where the mods come in. Now if people can come at me like that, let me do the same. That's it.

I'm done now. this has gone too far. I'm done here until the playoffs.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)
Oh my goodness. This is going to be my last post in this thread until the playoffs. I'm just going to wait until chat starts again. Because this sucks. Look, I'm not saying that everybody here doesn't know Howard >>>> Deng. Fact is nobody said anything insulting to him. Yeah, this is Soxtalk. But let's face it: It's soxbullsbearstalk in reality. I left the Blackhawks out because hockey is not a real sport and nobody outside of the diehards care about it. That, (Duke's) was a troll or f*** it, just a random whatever post. Now, if I said anything as ridiculous as that, Rose for anybody not named LeBron, Howard, Durant post, I'm gettin' reamed. It would be worse than the fat dude from Seinfeld when he tried to get on Julia Robers in Pretty Woman.

Two, I don't even say anything that f***ed up. It just seems like that because again, this is a chicago centric site. If I go to realgm, the mother of basketball boards (at least traffic wise), the stuff I say wouldn't be a big deal at all. 2K5 went troll one day. Yeah, people disputed what he said. But where were the basketball retarded comments? Where were the troll comments? Where were the you're an idiot comments? Let me call somebody retarded and yes, oh my goodness, 3-5 day suspension. I don't feel like I can say anything that goes against the Bulls without getting ambushed. And that's where the mods come in. Now if people can come at me like that, let me do the same. That's it.

But the Knicks suck J4L. You clearly don't understand that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 06:34 PM)
Lol at qwerty trying to take down an oppressive regime on the interwebs.

Not loling that Felix decided that his post is gospel.

You nerds need to find some real causes to get behind.

Ever wonder why people enjoy when i post? Because i only post when i have logically and thoroughly analyzed the facts laying in front of me. The some can not be said for some... coughyoucough. Gospel though? Mighty kind of you to think so highly of me, but even that may be stretching it a tad.

Steve you never lived up to your vow of leaving soxtalk when you vowed such if lebron james did not become a bulls player. There is zero reason you are still posting here. Don't say something if it won't be owned up to.

Whatever you say is rubbish.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 12:54 AM)
Ever wonder why people enjoy when i post? Because i only post when i have logically and thoroughly analyzed the facts laying in front of me. The some can not be said for some... coughyoucough. Gospel though? Mighty kind of you to think so highly of me, but even that may be stretching it a tad.

Steve you never lived up to your vow of leaving soxtalk when you vowed such if lebron james did not become a bulls player. There is zero reason you are still posting here. Don't say something if it won't be owned up to.

Whatever you say is rubbish.

Best part.

q.JPG

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
It's pretty obvious you haven't read any posts of mine about Rubio.

I'm working on it. There are better places to actually talk basketball, as opposed to just the Bulls. I'm slowly weaning myself off of this s***hole.

This is unfortunate.

While I must admit, no one gives a s*** about the Timberwolves, you have always been pretty objective about most topics and are even unbiased when it does come to the Wolves. Anyone who regularly reads the thread knows you're quite excited about Rubio, but are also aware of his inefficiencies and weaknesses. You might take a shot at the Bulls every once in a while, but you're generally quite civil and back your case.

I, for one, hope you do not abandon this s***hole.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 03:25 AM)
This is unfortunate.

While I must admit, no one gives a s*** about the Timberwolves, you have always been pretty objective about most topics and are even unbiased when it does come to the Wolves. Anyone who regularly reads the thread knows you're quite excited about Rubio, but are also aware of his inefficiencies and weaknesses. You might take a shot at the Bulls every once in a while, but you're generally quite civil and back your case.

+1

lmao, well this sure took an interesting, dramatic turn.

I'm just not gonna buy the woe-is-me martyr act though.

I did just wanna apologize about my basketball-retarded and deandrejordan4life comment. Really was meant to be corny and not serious at all. Mostly just a response to when dj4l states his ridiculous opinions as fact. My bad though...can I just blame it on the a-a-a-alcohol?? :/

And there really is no excuse for lebron passing up a shot at the end of any game to potentially win it to pass it to udonis freakin'haslem from that far out for a freakin' jump shot, open or not...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 03:08 PM)
I don't know about that. Lebron has taken and made plenty of game winning shots, and he has missed plenty as well.

....HA.....

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 08:38 AM)
Ugh, I want the last 15 minutes of my life back. The last few pages in this thread were awful

When I see conversations go like so, I usually just skip over the next half page or page to get by in and not get involved. I may miss an actual NBA comment, but oh well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
You are on drugs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
Comparing 1992 to 2012 is a HUGE difference from 1962 to 2012.

Dude. I can't even bother to argue with you. Your stance is too moronic. Michael Jordan would absolutely rape the NBA today. Eliminate handchecks and he'd drop 40 a night with little effort.

Just. Stop. Please.

"Defenders like Luol Deng didn't exist 20 years ago"

Jesus f***ing Christ. Scottie Pippen should slap you in the face.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
You just seem to have little to zero knowledge of the NBA 20 years ago then. Congratulations.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 04:06 PM)
He's abandoned the thread due to shame and humiliation. :lolhitting

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 07:56 PM)
michael-jordan-dunk.jpg

Yea, like this guy would have trouble in today's NBA.

Kids today...

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 11:33 PM)
Ok, I got some catching up.

1) ss2k5 are you on crack? Jordan would average 40 a game in today's NBA. No hand checking, no Payton/Clyde/Dumars/Cooper/Moncrief to guard him, only one great big (who isn't s*** against the guys Jordan went up against), superstar calls, and he'd get f***ing pissed when someone like LeBron starts dancing and just drop bombs.

2) Hakeem > Dwight athletically. Dwight's got more vertical, but he could only begin to Dream (motherf***ing puns) about having Hakeem's coordination.

3) Wilt would still be good. Dude was Derrick Rose fast, a health freak that ran marathons in his 50s, and had great leaping ability. He wouldn't put up 50 and 25, but he'd be the best center in today's league, even with the 3 second rule.

4) Bill Russell would still be able to play. Probably not a Hall of Famer, but he'd be an all-star once or twice.

5) Cousy is an awkward motherf***er. Dunno how he'd adapt.

6) Wade is about equal to Clyde athletically.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)

You too seem to have selective memory.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 01:25 AM)
This is unfortunate.

+ me. Felix. You are a good, smart poster, and I appreciate your discussion. You had a lot of great input to the thread.

Really interested to see how this Celtics/Knicks game goes, now that Lin is a fair amount less surprising and has the full team around him, but also has to go to Boston, face off against Rondo and the full Celtics starting lineup, but then also you have the distracted Rondo with trade rumors here.

Lotta sub plots going on here.

Finally the Celtics put together a crisp quarter, while the Knicks continue throwing the ball everywhere. I think the current Celtics run is now 24-5, to give the Celts a 15 point lead.

This Knicks team has just been as careless as can be. The Celtics matched them by failing to hit anything in the first half, now they're hitting a few shots and ripping them.

Davis and Lin have 12 points and 11 TO's between them.