2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
Then he shouldn't have left a fastball to Cabrera up and out over the plate.

Pissed at himself, I'll bet.

Yes, pissed at himself.

He was clearly told to pitch around Cabrera which he did very well until....he threw that fastball down the middle. Down the road when Peavy wants to control his destiny again, his manager is likely to remember that incident and not give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
Yes, pissed at himself.

He was clearly told to pitch around Cabrera which he did very well until....he threw that fastball down the middle. Down the road when Peavy wants to control his destiny again, his manager is likely to remember that incident and not give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jake Peavy is not going to pitch around Miguel Cabrera there. He's going to try to get him out. He woudln't have thrown the fastball period if he was trying to pitch around him. He just missed.

Peralta's HR came on an 0-2 count, is that correct? Unbelievable how many times the Sox have given up big hits on 0-2 counts over the last year. Maybe Coop should tweak his attack the strike zone philosophy some.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 5, 2012 -> 08:57 AM)
Peralta's HR came on an 0-2 count, is that correct? Unbelievable how many times the Sox have given up big hits on 0-2 counts over the last year. Maybe Coop should tweak his attack the strike zone philosophy some.

Kind of like the slider/slurve that never developed, either for Thornton or Poreda.

Yes, Dick Allen, it's possible that there are some pitchers out there who can't be "cured" completely of their issues.

That's why in his prime from 2002-2004, Marte was even better than Thornton, he had two pitches.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:18 AM)
Kind of like the slider/slurve that never developed, either for Thornton or Poreda.

Yes, Dick Allen, it's possible that there are some pitchers out there who can't be "cured" completely of their issues.

That's why in his prime from 2002-2004, Marte was even better than Thornton, he had two pitches.

Just what I've been saying about Don Cooper all along,yet you would go on and on about him. Now Thornton's no good, no one would take Danks, Floyd would only bring back a marginal prospect...

Coop was walking on water in your eyes 2 weeks ago when you gave him 100% credit for Humber's perfect game. For the record, say what you want about Matt Thornton, but he certainly was Don Cooper's #1 success story.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:25 AM)
Just what I've been saying about Don Cooper all along,yet you would go on and on about him. Now Thornton's no good, no one would take Danks, Floyd would only bring back a marginal prospect...

Coop was walking on water in your eyes 2 weeks ago when you gave him 100% credit for Humber's perfect game. For the record, say what you want about Matt Thornton, but he certainly was Don Cooper's #1 success story.

Jesus, you really can't read.

Where did I ever give him 100% credit for Humber's game? Because I posted articles where Humber gave credit to Cooper? Well, I wasn't the one writing those articles or giving those quotes.

Please, by all means, let's bring out all the quotes from the hitters about Greg Walker changing their lives or causing Gordon Beckham to almost hit for the cycle like he did yesterday. You realize Gordon Beckham's OPS now this year is a lot better than it was in 2011? Wonder why that is?

For the record, Phil Humber gave credit to his faith in Jesus Christ moreso than anyone for giving him the spirit of perseverance when everyone else but the White Sox had given up on him.

Please, please, please....go through that thread and quote back to me where I said "Don Cooper deserves 100% credit for Humber's success and the perfect game."

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:48 AM)
Jake Peavy is not going to pitch around Miguel Cabrera there. He's going to try to get him out. He woudln't have thrown the fastball period if he was trying to pitch around him. He just missed.

2 outs, first base open. Lefty on deck, lefty in the pen.

He throws no strikes to Cabrera and no strike was scripted on the final pitch either. He was pitching him perfectly, not throwing anything in the zone and Cabrera was completely biting on it. Unfortunately he threw one down the middle with two strikes.

Does anyone else torture themselves by listening to White Sox Weekly? Rongey is such a Sox apologist. No move the Sox makes is wrong.

Yeah, I know. That's his job. Whatever.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
Show me the discount!!!

Hey not sure if anyone caught it today but during the interview on Fox Jake said the same thing. He said I wanna help this team win games, I wanna stay in Chicago...

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:03 AM)
Hey not sure if anyone caught it today but during the interview on Fox Jake said the same thing. He said I wanna help this team win games, I wanna stay in Chicago...

Too bad Chicago won't offer him squat.

Maybe the Cubs, but doubtful. They've been burned by Wood, Pryor.

Sox won't offer him more than 1 year 5 mill after getting burned by him last year; maybe one year 6 mill if he stays healthy all season.

I do love Jake, though. Great competitor IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 5, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)
Too bad Chicago won't offer him squat.

Maybe the Cubs, but doubtful. They've been burned by Wood, Pryor.

Sox won't offer him more than 1 year 5 mill after getting burned by him last year; maybe one year 6 mill if he stays healthy all season.

I do love Jake, though. Great competitor IMO.

Unless Jake wins the Cy Young award this season, no team will be willing to offer him a deal over 2 years and $10 million per.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)
Unless Jake wins the Cy Young award this season, no team will be willing to offer him a deal over 2 years and $10 million per.

And then greg will complain that the White Sox are being cheap and disloyal after trashing him for the last 2 years or so. I'll admit. I've been hard on Peavy as well. But unless he's willing to take a big f***ing pay-cut (or a deal with a bevy of incentives), I don't want to see him back next year. At all.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2012 -> 12:28 AM)
And then greg will complain that the White Sox are being cheap and disloyal after trashing him for the last 2 years or so. I'll admit. I've been hard on Peavy as well. But unless he's willing to take a big f***ing pay-cut (or a deal with a bevy of incentives), I don't want to see him back next year. At all.

I think they just got rid of incentives didn't they?

or wait, was that football?

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2012 -> 12:28 AM)

I like that you said "bevy"

QUOTE (flavum @ May 6, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Could be a long, rainy day in Cleveland tomorrow.

Wouldn't be the worst thing for a day off for the team. Peavy, Sale and Danks could sure use more rest it seems.

We're going to be facing Tomlin for the 3rd time in a month.

Wonder if they could change from Humber to Stults or Santiago at the last second for that one?

Actually, it wouldn't matter because Game 2 starter Zach McAllister held the Sox to 2/15 last year (the only 2 hits by Beckham).

27 games in--that's a month of baseball.

RS: 107

RA: 104

Starters averaging 6.2 innings, and a 3.68 ERA. That may change now.

Dunn 8 homers, and 22 RBIs. If he does that five more times, 48 homers, 132 RBIs, hitting .250, and an OBP of .376. He's back. Stop booing every K.

Sox score less than 4 runs: 1-10

Sox score 4 runs: 5-3

Sox score more than 4 runs: 7-1

18 quality starts. 11-7 record in those games. That was a problem last year, and that continues. Good teams convert quality starts into wins. Anything less than 80% isn't good enough.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 6, 2012 -> 10:08 AM)
27 games in--that's a month of baseball.

RS: 107

RA: 104

Starters averaging 6.2 innings, and a 3.68 ERA. That may change now.

Dunn 8 homers, and 22 RBIs. If he does that five more times, 48 homers, 132 RBIs, hitting .250, and an OBP of .376. He's back. Stop booing every K.

Sox score less than 4 runs: 1-10

Sox score 4 runs: 5-3

Sox score more than 4 runs: 7-1

18 quality starts. 11-7 record in those games. That was a problem last year, and that continues. Good teams convert quality starts into wins. Anything less than 80% isn't good enough.

The amazing thing is that the Sox lead the ALC in run differential.