2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)
The schedule for the next few weeks is Road intensive. After today's game, we are on the road for 6, home for 6, All Star break and the on the road for 10. Back home for 3 and back on the road.

In other years, that would be cause for worry. This team seems more focused on the road.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 12:32 PM)
In other years, that would be cause for worry. This team seems more focused on the road.

Which is why I didn't say anything negative about it. I just stated the fact.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 12:32 PM)

They are going to have to play better at home to have a realistic shot. I think they will. Ventura is even better than I imagined. There is something about quiet yet intense guys.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
They are going to have to play better at home to have a realistic shot. I think they will. Ventura is even better than I imagined. There is something about quiet yet intense guys.

Women have been saying that for years.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
The schedule for the next few weeks is Road intensive. After today's game, we are on the road for 6, home for 6, All Star break and the on the road for 10. Back home for 3 and back on the road.

Sox All-Stars will just hang out in KC after the game for a few days.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 06:36 PM)
Sox All-Stars will just hang out in KC after the game for a few days.

Speaking of that, I think Dunn, Konerko, Peavy, and Sale will all be going to KC.

When is the last time the Sox had 4 All-Stars? Every year they get 1 in and they're scrapping to get a 2nd in, it seems.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
I prefer to use Fangraphs WAR, and I think most people would agree.

Yeah, I'd say the same. FanGraphs doesn't like our pitching as much since Peavy and Quintana's FIPs aren't nearly as good as their ERAs.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 06:38 PM)
Speaking of that, I think Dunn, Konerko, Peavy, and Sale will all be going to KC.

When is the last time the Sox had 4 All-Stars? Every year they get 1 in and they're scrapping to get a 2nd in, it seems.

I think we really only have 3. Ortiz is going to be the DH. Unless Dunn has like 30 HR at the break, it's doubtful he goes.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 06:38 PM)

Cross out Dunn. He might go to the Derby, but not as an all-star.

I personally wish it were possible to have zero representatives at the All Star game. I'd prefer that our players had the time off, especially the pitchers. But Sale and Peavy have just been too good........dammit.

:gosoxretro:

Week ahead:

Peavy vs Liriano

Floyd vs Hendriks

Sale vs Blackburn

Axelrod vs Nova

Quintana vs Sabathia

Peavy vs Kuroda

Floyd vs Hughes

Rangers series, so far:

Sale vs Oswalt

Axelrod vs Lewis

Quintana vs Harrison

Unless the Sox adjust their rotation, Sale will pitch the Sunday before the break.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
Want to get viewers for the ASG? Let Dickey pitch all 9 innings for the NL. I want to see the AL's best hitters trying to hit that damn knuckleball.

All the AL GM's would pull their players for fear of messing them up for 10 days hitting-wise after that game.

It's like the Bob Abreu kiss of death with the HR Derby.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 10:50 PM)
Week ahead:

Peavy vs Liriano

Floyd vs Hendriks

Sale vs Blackburn

Axelrod vs Nova

Quintana vs Sabathia

Peavy vs Kuroda

Floyd vs Hughes

Rangers series, so far:

Sale vs Oswalt

Axelrod vs Lewis

Quintana vs Harrison

Unless the Sox adjust their rotation, Sale will pitch the Sunday before the break.

CLE has a very tough stretch coming now too, right?

Survival mode. 5-5 or 4-6 is fine. 3-7 is survivable, although far from ideal.....not disastrous in 2012. That might still even leave us in first or close to it. Tigers have a chance to make up some more ground.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:58 AM)
CLE has a very tough stretch coming now too, right?

Survival mode. 5-5 or 4-6 is fine. 3-7 is survivable, although far from ideal.....not disastrous in 2012. That might still even leave us in first or close to it. Tigers have a chance to make up some more ground.

Tigers next seven are at Texas and Tampa.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
Is 30% of the remaining White Sox schedule against the Royals and Twins?

Yes, actually 1/3 games left are against KC and Min.

If 88 games wins the division, 50-40 the rest of the way can be broken down this way:

KC 9-6

Min 9-6

Det 5-5

Cle 3-3

Bal 2-2

Bos 2-2

NY 4-3

TB 2-2

Tor 4-3

LAA 3-3

Oak 2-1

Sea 2-1