2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really starting to feel bitter about Derrick Rose.

Joakim Noah is out there playing on one foot and Derrick's sitting his ass on the bench.

FWIW, I hope a good amount of the fan base turns on him. I want him to re-earn his spot as the superstar on this team. There's no guarantee he returns to pre-injury form after he finally does play sometime next season. I wouldn't be surprised if the boo birds came out if he struggles.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 08:12 PM)
Williams \ Lopez show :(

Nobody on the Bulls showed any ability at all to stay in front of Williams that half. You simply can't switch Belinelli on him though, it was comical watching Belinelli try to stay in front of him.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 20, 2013 -> 08:16 PM)
I'm really starting to feel bitter about Derrick Rose.

Joakim Noah is out there playing on one foot and Derrick's sitting his ass on the bench.

FWIW, I hope a good amount of the fan base turns on him. I want him to re-earn his spot as the superstar on this team. There's no guarantee he returns to pre-injury form after he finally does play sometime next season. I wouldn't be surprised if the boo birds came out if he struggles.

^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS!

I can't believe no one pointed out that, according to ESPN on last night's telecast, Derrick Rose said he's 100% physically, but not mentally.

It's going to be really hard to care about this b**** again.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)
I can't believe no one pointed out that, according to ESPN on last night's telecast, Derrick Rose said he's 100% physically, but not mentally.

Interesting. Who brought that up? I am surprised he would tell anyone that. I wouldn't be surprised if that's just ESPN trying to add fuel to the fire.

This is going to be a long off-season for Rose.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 09:47 AM)
Interesting. Who brought that up? I am surprised he would tell anyone that. I wouldn't be surprised if that's just ESPN trying to add fuel to the fire.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)
I don't see how there are any guarantees that Derrick comes back at the beginning of next year. The threshold for feeling good enough is incomprehensible for us both.

Does anyone think that maybe Rose is listening to his agent/brother and trying to get the fans/Bulls to run him out of town because they believe he can't win a championship here? He's still getting paid anyway while he doesn't play and maybe his inner circle is saying that this is the best way to get out of town and into a situation where they can build around him, and not to take a physical beating for what they believe to be no reason? With all of the backlash that LeBron got for leaving his "hometown" on his own nationally, maybe this is a more strategic approach for his camp to get him out of Chicago and to a team that they believe to have more building blocks? I hate to be the conspiracy theorist but if this is what he is doing, I wish he would just ask for a trade already. I think we'll see that if he doesn't come back at the beginning of next season or maybe this summer. I am basing this on Reggie Rose's comments a couple months ago that I heard reported on the Score, where he said that there is no reason for Derrick Rose to come back if there is no chance for him to win a championship, and he believes that Miami is too good right now for anyone to beat them.

Edited by Elgin Slim