AND THATS A WHITE SOX PIRANHA CLEAN SWEEP!!!

Greg Hibbard

Gotta be impressed with the way these guys bounced back from that horrible series vs Detroit, yeah it's the Twins but a few SoxTalkers were saying we wouldn't sniff 1st again...a series later we're back in 1st b*tches! :headbang

Remember back when the thought of the Twins coming to town meant that they would probably eviscerate the Sox in every way imaginable, and pretty much end any hope of contending? That is why beating on this bad team is fun

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 06:30 PM)
Remember back when the thought of the Twins coming to town meant that they would probably eviscerate the Sox in every way imaginable, and pretty much end any hope of contending? That is why beating on this bad team is fun

And will continue to be fun.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
Rios quietly having a career year.

I thought this was the case in 2010 too.

But by this time in 2010, Rios was starting to struggle. He stopped pulling the ball and started hitting weak grounders up the middle most of the time.

Juan Pierre should have been in LF yesterday.

He would definitely have made those two plays yesterday that Viciedo couldn't make. Dayan is an embarassment and should only be a full-time DH or 1B. With our strong tradition of great outfielders like Pods and Juan and Caballo, we need someone who will serve as a better role model for our youngsters coming up, like Mitchell, Walker, Thompson and Hawkins.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 04:22 AM)
Juan Pierre should have been in LF yesterday.

He would definitely have made those two plays yesterday that Viciedo couldn't make. Dayan is an embarassment and should only be a full-time DH or 1B. With our strong tradition of great outfielders like Pods and Juan and Caballo, we need someone who will serve as a better role model for our youngsters coming up, like Mitchell, Walker, Thompson and Hawkins.

You're tough on Marty these days. I like Marty, he might be extreme at times but means well.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 05:07 AM)
You're tough on Marty these days. I like Marty, he might be extreme at times but means well.

Okay, I'll call a truce on the Viciedo one. I only got in this comment because I was at the game yesterday not too far from Viciedo but there was no way to post a comment online in the game thread then...

Hopefully we won't hear any more about trading Alexei Ramirez, either.

Marty always says that I should bring up all the times that Dayan fails or strikes out or doesn't walk. Would just like him to be equally critical of Gordon Beckham, that's all. But it seems half the White Sox fanbase has already picked up the "down with Beckham" bandwagon since Tuesday night.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)
Where are all the people saying we would probably never see first place again after Detroit? It's a long season and we've proven to play with heart and resiliency. We'll be in it at the end.

Come on man, if you are going to call people out, at least update your signature to someone from the Sox who has been here this decade.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 05:17 PM)
I think DJ and Farmio hit it on the head--these guys look tired in Detroit.

Am I the only one who has a problem with this. on sooooo many levels.

They're highly paid professionals, vying for a division championship, playing their direct competitors, and they can't get up for those games. I'm not sure what this says about their make up. They've gone 3 - 3 in their last six, and why the totals come out the same, I think that I would of preferred it if they would have won a game or 2 in Detroit and lost a game or 2 against the Twins.

They should of let their exhaustion show against the Twins, not the Tigers.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)
Am I the only one who has a problem with this. on sooooo many levels.

They're highly paid professionals, vying for a division championship, playing their direct competitors, and they can't get up for those games. I'm not sure what this says about their make up. They've gone 3 - 3 in their last six, and why the totals come out the same, I think that I would of preferred it if they would have won a game or 2 in Detroit and lost a game or 2 against the Twins.

They should of let their exhaustion show against the Twins, not the Tigers.

and they had four days off the previous week.