Kill the catch all thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)
For some reason people are afraid to start new threads. It's prolly because a lot of people get mad and jump on you if u start a new thread, so they post in catch all.

And cause some things don't warrant a new thread.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
And cause some things don't warrant a new thread.

Fair enough. But let me ask you a question. Right now I want to open a thread entitled, "We should have kept Buehrle." But I would never do that cause of the scorn I'd get. So I'd put it in catch all instead. My question to you is ... would that be a fair thread to start?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 12:16 AM)
Fair enough. But let me ask you a question. Right now I want to open a thread entitled, "We should have kept Buehrle." But I would never do that cause of the scorn I'd get. So I'd put it in catch all instead. My question to you is ... would that be a fair thread to start?

Yes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 01:16 AM)

Go for it. Ahead of time, I will remind you that Buehrle was part of multiple late season collapses with the Sox (he was especially brutal in 2006) and his contract still sucks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:16 AM)

The problem with that thread is not the catch all thread. It's that the topic has come up in probably 3-4 other threads, maybe more, across the entire trade deadline time.

I wouldn't pounce on you becasue of the catchall thread, I'd pounce because its an idea that we've heard before repeatedly unless there's something new and thoughtful to contribute.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
The problem with that thread is not the catch all thread. It's that the topic has come up in probably 3-4 other threads, maybe more, across the entire trade deadline time.

I wouldn't pounce on you becasue of the catchall thread, I'd pounce because its an idea that we've heard before repeatedly unless there's something new and thoughtful to contribute.

That makes sense. Sometimes the start of a thread makes the topic more passionate however.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 10:48 PM)
BUMP

The catch-all is dreadful. It's clear that it kills discussion on this board.

Very true. I am scared to death to start a new thread ever. And believe me, I'd be starting a ton of threads if this board was new-thread-friendly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
Very true. I am scared to death to start a new thread ever. And believe me, I'd be starting a ton of threads if this board was new-thread-friendly.

All the more reason for me to approve the catch-all thread.