2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With some of the hatred being spewed at him you'd think he walked over to Crabtree, spit in his face, slapped his wife, and yelled out nothing but expletives in the interview while throwing gang signs. Dude was channeling a little Muhammed Ali, someone he's stated as admiring, showing a little bravado. I mean the amount of hatred going towards him is crazy. Reading comments on facebook and twitter about how he should be introduced to George Zimmerman and how he's just an uneducated n-word. GMAFB.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Yeah right. You got busted for thinking that site was legit and now you're just trying to defend yourself. Can't fool me.

Believe what you want brother.

Everyone knows Manning is smart as s***, and I believe I've made my feelings on Manning, Brady, and Luck quite clear a couple weeks ago. I remember reading that article 6 months ago and it was hilarious so I used it because what the other poster said reminded me of that quote.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 07:04 PM)
Kaplan just said the NFL might force the Bears to be the next Hard Knocks team.

Interesting. Can they do that? I'd selfishly love it as a fan. Not sure it's always the best thing for the team, though.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)
Kaplan just said the NFL might force the Bears to be the next Hard Knocks team.

Which is kind of funny because Hard knocks loves controversy and Trestman is anything but controversial

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 06:18 PM)
Interesting. Can they do that? I'd selfishly love it as a fan. Not sure it's always the best thing for the team, though.

Yeah, since most NFL teams don't want to do it, the NFL has the power to force a team to do it once every 10 years or something like that.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)
Yeah, since most NFL teams don't want to do it, the NFL has the power to force a team to do it once every 10 years or something like that.

Good deal. I'd be all about it.

Kyle Long named to Pro Bowl per Brad Biggs (on Twitter).

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 7m

#Bears G Kyle Long named to the Pro Bowl sources tell me

Well done, kid. I was flat-wrong about this pick. I loved his potential, but didn't think he'd be NFL ready with such little experience at OL. Thought we over-drafted him (which we still may have, but that doesn't really matter now).

Edited by dasox24

Tim Jennings was announced to the Pro Bowl too. He is taking the roster spot of some loud mouth cornerback nobody has ever heard of. That no name has some competition in two Sundays that prevents him from playing in the Pro Bowl.

Nothing against Jennings, but the Bears having any defensive players in the Pro Bowl is a laughable concept.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)
With some of the hatred being spewed at him you'd think he walked over to Crabtree, spit in his face, slapped his wife, and yelled out nothing but expletives in the interview while throwing gang signs. Dude was channeling a little Muhammed Ali, someone he's stated as admiring, showing a little bravado. I mean the amount of hatred going towards him is crazy. Reading comments on facebook and twitter about how he should be introduced to George Zimmerman and how he's just an uneducated n-word. GMAFB.

You seem surprised. Is today your first day on the Internet?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 06:20 PM)
Which is kind of funny because Hard knocks loves controversy and Trestman is anything but controversial

No, but Brandon Marshall usually does something "controversial" every training camp, so I guess there's that.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 08:46 AM)
So in the case of a white athlete, if he had good grades in college, he must be smart but if the athlete is black, we need to question his intelligence, is that right? :huh:

BigSqwert, I'll put the avy on later when I get on my PC.

Uhhhh, no, not even close. We question his intelligence because he does s*** like he did yesterday on TV, and previously on TV before. He acted like a big idiot, that's why we question his intelligence.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 07:23 AM)
The NFL is thinking of eliminating the extra point.

It probably makes sense, though I haven't compared the rates of missed extra points vs. injuries on extra points. It would help speed up games, too.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 08:59 AM)
It probably makes sense, though I haven't compared the rates of missed extra points vs. injuries on extra points. It would help speed up games, too.

Something like 5 out of 1200 PATS were missed this year which equates to a 99.6% success rate.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 07:23 AM)
The NFL is thinking of eliminating the extra point.

It makes sense, they are so automatic nowadays, just waste of time and potential for injury. It will be interesting how they still incoporate 2-point conversions though. Touchdowns are worth 7 points, unless you go for two, then they are worth 6 points?

It makes sense, they are so automatic nowadays, just waste of time and potential for injury. It will be interesting how they still incoporate 2-point conversions though. Touchdowns are worth 7 points, unless you go for two, then they are worth 6 points?

Yes, that's the idea. If you want the one point, it's free. If you want the two points, you have to earn it.

I'm also in favor of eliminating kickoffs in the first half. Just put the ball at the 25 and go.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 04:09 AM)
Uhhhh, no, not even close. We question his intelligence because he does s*** like he did yesterday on TV, and previously on TV before. He acted like a big idiot, that's why we question his intelligence.

I'm done with this convo, you think he must be a "big idiot", good grades from a good school be damned. I think he's a loud, arrogant and yes, smart dude who acted like a fool in the heat of the moment. To me, that doesn't necessarily mean he is a dumb person. But whatever, man.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)

Dude, give it up. You are talking about the lowest of the low of the American population. Nobody here feels that way. I understand if you want to vent, but with the wording of your posts, you make it seem like people on HERE feel that way.