4/4/13 KC at ChiSox, 1:10 PM CST

Capn12

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 04:02 PM)
After winning two games and losing one, I always feel like I won two games and lost one.

DET will switch places with you if you hate it.

Smart ass remarks not necessary. I realize winning two of three is winning two of three. Just one of many things that shouldn't bother me but does.

Always disappointing to lose, but some positives to take heart in. Namely Flowers and Gordon, as already mentioned.

I think the overriding emotion after that is frustration; some great work done, only for it not to be capitalised on.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
Especially when it is only ever s***ty pitchers we are tipping our cap too.

Yeah, you tip your cap to Verlander or Stras, you don't tip it to Chen or Guthrie...

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 03:58 PM)
Viciedo and De Aza got some major issues though. Throw Kepp in there as well.

Viciedo and De Aza I understand. You want to see them play better, especially De Aza. Keppinger has a career .687 OPS against RHP. He's been around for a while. He's not going to hit them well. Do not throw Keppinger in there. Do not past go. Do not collect $200.

We know what we have in Keppinger. He's a lefty murderer, a liability against righties, and a guy who doesn't strike out and so help me god if you say he strikes out a lot because he's struck out twice in three games I'm going to snap.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
Viciedo and De Aza I understand. You want to see them play better, especially De Aza. Keppinger has a career .687 OPS against RHP. He's been around for a while. He's not going to hit them well. Do not throw Keppinger in there. Do not past go. Do not collect $200.

We know what we have in Keppinger. He's a lefty murderer, a liability against righties, and a guy who doesn't strike out and so help me god if you say he strikes out a lot because he's struck out twice in three games I'm going to snap.

Well said. It would've been nice to see Kepp get his first RBI's in a SOX uniform but I had a feeling it wasn't going to happen.

You don't sign Keppinger for 3 years to platoon.

He strikes out alot :P

I know he is a liability against right hand pitchers.I just thought he might do better than 1 hit.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
You don't sign Keppinger for 3 years to platoon.

Yep. Overall, the production you receive out of him will be around a .730 OPS while he destroys lefties and is a liability against RHP. He's not going to be worthless against RHP.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 04:17 PM)
He strikes out alot :P

I know he is a liability against right hand pitchers.I just thought he might do better than 1 hit.

It's been 3 games. I have a pretty good feeling he's going to do better than 1 hit too. This isn't Adam Dunn against lefties in 2011.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 04:59 PM)
Hate losing the last game even if you win a series.

When was the last 9th inning comeback that included a walk-off at home? I think there was one in 2011 (vs. Oakland I wanna say), but I'm not so sure about last year. Certainly seems like it's been forever.

Jordan Danks last year against Oakland

Three games is too early. But since we're so similar to last year, it's not too early to make judgments based on the larger data we have.

And basically if you lose AJ gain Kepp + Flowers...you're a lot like the 2012 team minus Youkilis, really. Once we added Youk, we had the needed not-outs we had been craving.

I feel a lot like we're back at April 2012, actually. Now knowing more about how much workload Sale can take, etc.

Would love to see us make a move to strengthen either at 2b or (as i'm sure we'd all like) do something at LF if it's major enough. I think a lot of teams would like this pitching staff and this power, but if we really are win-now, there has to be some kind of addition in the realm of ...not making outs.

Keppinger's 2012 notwithstanding, he's historically merely OK as far as OBP. Can't really show surprise that a guy like that would happen to start out with a tough stretch.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 02:40 PM)
Jordan Danks last year against Oakland

That's not what I'm talking about. I mean a comeback in the 9th that includes a walk off hit. That game was tied at 3 going into the ninth.

Basically if De Aza had hit a blast today. Something like that...

Guthrie doesn't have a great track record, but let's not act like it's Bruce Chen out there. He was regularly hitting 95 with his heater today and has a nice breaking ball too.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 09:22 PM)
Lucky to win 2 out of 3 games scoring 1 run in 2 games, I will take it.

Me too. I was thinking today the Sale game coulda gone the other way. That was a huge win over Shields. I'll definitely be happy with 2 out of 3 vs. KC.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
Guthrie doesn't have a great track record, but let's not act like it's Bruce Chen out there. He was regularly hitting 95 with his heater today and has a nice breaking ball too.

He is developing a reputation as a Sox killer though.

I thought it was a great series but it is kind of scary about how it appears once again things will be dandy when our boys hit 2-4 home runs per game; not so great when they don't. I hope Kep turns into a singles and bases on balls machine before long. We need baserunners.