2013 NFL Draft

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 09:10 PM)
I'd love to have a backup worth getting excited. When have we ever had too many good QBs?

i hope he's still available when the Bears pick. but i bet he'll be gone.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
Wonder if reports on Barkley's arm aren't good. Was hurt, wasn't he?

His arm wasn't that good to begin with. He's strictly a west coast guy.

Hoping Nassib makes it to the Bills pick. He's worth taking with a 4th.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 26, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)
His arm wasn't that good to begin with. He's strictly a west coast guy.

Hoping Nassib makes it to the Bills pick. He's worth taking with a 4th.

You want the bills to take two qbs??

Look, its the NFL Draft. You try to trade down if you find someone, but if you dont you take the guy you wanted anyways even if it is a little early. The Bears did that twice. You cannot always find a willing trade partner, and even if you do the return may not justify the risk of "your guy" not being there when you pick later. When you're the Bears, with obvious weaknesses, you can only grade this thing right now in terms of positions filled. In that respect this is a good draft.

I can live with:

LT- Bushrod

LG- Long

C- Garza

RG- Carimi

RT- Webb

I mean its still bad. Because Webb, Garza and Carimi are all pretty bad. Bushrod is not a sure thing. Long could easily bust, too. Its still got to be one of, if not the, worst OL in the NFL.

However there at least now is a chance that maybe somehow Carimi stays healthy/figures it out, Webb learns how to play tackle in the NFL (or being on the right side masks how bad he is a little), Bushrod plays up to his contract and Long pans out. If that happens Garza, who is totally f***ing hopeless and shouldn't even be on an NFL roster, will have 4 other competent guys covering his ass.

I dont think that best case scenario will happen. I cant imagine why anyone would be expecting it. But hey, at least Emery is trying, we have some new bodies in there and maybe a couple years from now if Long and Bushrod work out we'll have a good NFL OL. Reversing all the neglect and incompetence of Jerry Angelo is going to take a while.

So yea, I like the Bears draft. Gives us a little glimmer of hope. Would've liked to see OL again in R2, would've really liked to see R1, R2 and R4 all go to the OL especially but whatever.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 03:13 AM)
Look, its the NFL Draft. You try to trade down if you find someone, but if you dont you take the guy you wanted anyways even if it is a little early. The Bears did that twice. You cannot always find a willing trade partner, and even if you do the return may not justify the risk of "your guy" not being there when you pick later. When you're the Bears, with obvious weaknesses, you can only grade this thing right now in terms of positions filled. In that respect this is a good draft.

I can live with:

LT- Bushrod

LG- Long

C- Garza

RG- Carimi

RT- Webb

I mean its still bad. Because Webb, Garza and Carimi are all pretty bad. Bushrod is not a sure thing. Long could easily bust, too. Its still got to be one of, if not the, worst OL in the NFL.

However there at least now is a chance that maybe somehow Carimi stays healthy/figures it out, Webb learns how to play tackle in the NFL (or being on the right side masks how bad he is a little), Bushrod plays up to his contract and Long pans out. If that happens Garza, who is totally f***ing hopeless and shouldn't even be on an NFL roster, will have 4 other competent guys covering his ass.

I dont think that best case scenario will happen. I cant imagine why anyone would be expecting it. But hey, at least Emery is trying, we have some new bodies in there and maybe a couple years from now if Long and Bushrod work out we'll have a good NFL OL. Reversing all the neglect and incompetence of Jerry Angelo is going to take a while.

So yea, I like the Bears draft. Gives us a little glimmer of hope. Would've liked to see OL again in R2, would've really liked to see R1, R2 and R4 all go to the OL especially but whatever.

Don't forget about Matt Slauson who has been a slightly above-average OG for the last couple of years. He should definitely be starting with Carimi and Long battling out for the other OG spot.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 12:56 PM)
I absolutely love the 49ers draft. They are cleaning up. If Lattimore is able to recover from that knee injury he will be a monster for San Francisco.

The Rams are doing work too. I think you have to say that San Fran wins simply because they've added even more next year, but both of them have been awesome.