Game Thread 4/24: CLE @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
Lets go with firing Ventura and making Konerko a player/manager. Wonder how many people would hate that idea

I bet Konerko would hate that idea

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 01:13 PM)
Danks is way better? What is it about Jordan Danks that makes people think he is so good? What has he accomplished other than nice numbers his 3rd or 4th try in AAA? A lot of not so good players do that. I find it extremely unlikely he hits 4 homers today, and that includes batting practice, if they took it. I'm not high on Tekotte, but I am certainly not going to be upset he took Jordan Danks spot in the line up. If Jordan Danks is someone who needs to be in the line up, I think the beef shouldn't be with the manager. It should be with the guy who makes the roster.

It's not that Danks is so good, it's that Tekotte is so bad. Look at their minor league numbers and tell me who is better.

Also, Danks has been hitting well so far this year, especially against RHP. Tekotte has basically not played at all.

There is no logical reason to go with Tekotte, not when Wise and Danks are both better options.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 05:57 PM)
I would have Wise in the line up myself. Maybe he's sick or something. If Wise were in the line up people would complain maybe even louder. Tekotte isn't any good, but it's not like Danks is any better at this stage. The legend of Jordan Danks around here is beyond incredible.

I'd much rather see Wise in the lineup than Danks.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)
Danks is way better? What is it about Jordan Danks that makes people think he is so good? What has he accomplished other than nice numbers his 3rd or 4th try in AAA? A lot of not so good players do that. I find it extremely unlikely he hits 4 homers today, and that includes batting practice, if they took it. I'm not high on Tekotte, but I am certainly not going to be upset he took Jordan Danks spot in the line up. If Jordan Danks is someone who needs to be in the line up, I think the beef shouldn't be with the manager. It should be with the guy who makes the roster.

If his last name was Davis and not Danks, it would probably be a different story.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
Lets go with firing Ventura and making Konerko a player/manager. Wonder how many people would hate that idea

Listen I love KW, but it's absolutely terrifying that the two main candidates were a guy off the street with no managerial experience and a player on his actual team with no managerial experience.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 01:23 PM)
It's not that Danks is so good, it's that Tekotte is so bad. Look at their minor league numbers and tell me who is better.

Career minor league numbers:

Danks ..268/.355/.426 steals about 15 bases a year

Tekotte .268/.355/.444 steals about 30 bases a year.

How is he being pitched to overall? I rarely get to see a game, rather listen to them -- imagine with how sh*tty he's been that pitchers must be just attacking him gleefully. But are they going mostly inside/outside/high/low? Or all of the above?? Agree that he's become a pitcher's spot in the order. Pathetic.

QUOTE (napa_soxfan @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)
How is he being pitched to overall? I rarely get to see a game, rather listen to them -- imagine with how sh*tty he's been that pitchers must be just attacking him gleefully. But are they going mostly inside/outside/high/low? Or all of the above?? Agree that he's become a pitcher's spot in the order. Pathetic.

It seems they're a lot less scared of him. Something I've noticed this year is that he's hit a decent amount of deep fly balls that didn't make it to the warning track. Last year, those went over the fence for the most part.

QUOTE (napa_soxfan @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)

I feel like his biggest problem has been that pitchers are elevating the ball to him and he's swinging at stuff no one can catch up with.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 02:31 PM)
It seems they're a lot less scared of him. Something I've noticed this year is that he's hit a decent amount of deep fly balls that didn't make it to the warning track. Last year, those went over the fence for the most part.

You've been writing this about him for 3 years.