GT Sox @ Rangers 5-1-13 7:05 CST

2nd times a charm. Let's go White Sox

For the Sox, our ACE

CHRRRIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SALE!

2-2 4.09 ERA

chris-salejpg-06d6e2d82d528316.jpg

For the Rangers, this guy...

Nick Tepesch

2-1 2.53 ERA

nick-tepesch-vs-mariners-4-20-13.jpg

It's May Day! Start a streak and let's have a winning May record!

Edited by pettie4sox

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 1, 2013 -> 06:03 PM)
Need to start climbing out of AL Central basement.

Gotta get to .500 first. If they get to 27-27 at the 1/3 mark of the season, that would be a good goal/accomplishment.

17-12 the next 29, and be fully healthy the rest of the season. Oh and start hitting better. And fielding better. And not have the bullpen walk so many guys.

Meh. At this point, the script will go that we'll go up 1-0 in the third, we'll allow them to tie it in the sixth, Sale or some reliever will be put in a precarious position in the seventh, when either the reliever has lost all semblance of control or our defense decides to s*** the bed again.

At least we're better than the Blue Jays, Mariners, Astros and Angels (for now).

Small consolation...just hope they can stay competitive for as long as possible or do go in a dramatically different direction at some point and look to the future.

No more "in betweens" where they don't make any moves at the deadline or they try to convince the fans they're just a couple of moves from contending...because they're not in a position to add to the major league roster without subtracting Rios/Peavy/Ramirez.

If they think Sox fans are going to be convinced that trading Gavin Floyd is the magic solution...well, not even Chris Rongey can sell that one. You can even make a legitimate case that Axelrod and certainly Santiago/Quintana have a lot more trade value than Floyd or Danks.

Only one base-running mistake so far this game.

Rios has been making more mental mistakes on the bases or defensively (missing the cutoff man) in the first month than all of last season.

Still, he's our best player, and there's no argument.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 2, 2013 -> 12:34 AM)
I'm SOOO over tyler flowers. Give me Gimenez

There's no way our scouts really thought he could be a full-time starter and perform well vs RHP. Everything about him screams platoon catcher.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 1, 2013 -> 07:34 PM)
I'm SOOO over tyler flowers. Give me Gimenez

Is anybody else really surprised as to what we are getting out of Flowers? What's happening now was predictable. The guy just isnt good at the plate.