Your Realistic 2014 Lineup

Dunt

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dayan024 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 11:37 AM)

Why move Viciedo to 3B, when you can instead just trade De Aza and have Viciedo in LF, Piscotty in RF and Avisail in CF? I don't know how much speed Piscotty has, but he seems to be able to take a walk while also not striking out much at all, so he'd be the new leadoff hitter.

I don't know how I feel about the Lucroy move, as I haven't looked in to it enough, but I like the Alexei for Piscotty swap.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 01:04 PM)
There is zero chance Beckham is gone. Viciedo I'd be at about a 20% chance.

I'd say the opposite. We desperately need middle of the lineup bats and Viciedo is one of the few position players in the entire system with that kind of potential. I doubt Hahn gives up on him yet, not with power at such a premium.

Beckham on the other hand occupies a position in which we three of our top 10 prospects can play. I think he's far more likely to be moved than Viciedo.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 01:04 PM)
There is zero chance Beckham is gone. Viciedo I'd be at about a 20% chance.

There's zero chance that there is zero chance Beckham is staying or going.

I'd just like to see a statement trade that the team is changing. If they return with DeAza, Ramirez, Viciedo, Beckham, Kepp/Gillaspie, Dunn...that's a lot of a bad offense returning.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)

I'd just like to see a statement trade that the team is changing. If they return with DeAza, Ramirez, Viciedo, Beckham, Kepp/Gillaspie, Dunn...that's a lot of a bad offense returning.

I think it's very likely that Hahn makes at least one statement trade. Signing Abreu was a great first step, but I think Hahn will address 2 or 3 positions this offseason with one major trade involving pitching for a young position player.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
I'd say the opposite. We desperately need middle of the lineup bats and Viciedo is one of the few position players in the entire system with that kind of potential. I doubt Hahn gives up on him yet, not with power at such a premium.

Beckham on the other hand occupies a position in which we three of our top 10 prospects can play. I think he's far more likely to be moved than Viciedo.

Who would want him, and why would we move him when odds are nothing of value will be offered?

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)

The "statement" was Abreu. They aren't going to trade someone just to make a "statement". That is some Hawk as GM type stuff there.

QUOTE (dayan024 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
Nick Cafardo ‏@nickcafardo 34m

AJ Pierzynski and White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf enjoyed breakfast at the GM Meetings. But don't read anything into a White Sox reunion.

This isn't true. Everyone hates AJ. No one would go to breakfast with him without it being for a reason, and there is no way JR enjoyed it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)
This isn't true. Everyone hates AJ. No one would go to breakfast with him without it being for a reason, and there is no way JR enjoyed it.

Well yes, Nick Cafardo is just stating these things but he worded it really poorly. It should say "AJ Pierzynski enjoyed breakfast. Jerry Reinsdorf also enjoyed breakfast. The two later made eye contact and awkwardly avoided each other while doing their best to avoid speaking at the GM Meetings."

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 03:07 PM)
Cafardo: Here's something that is only interesting if it implies that the Sox are interested in AJ. But don't take it as implying the Sox are interested in AJ.

Maybe they are having a secret affair and now Cafardo has ruined everything

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 07:52 PM)
Dan Hayes: "What that means is anyone not named Jose Abreu, Avisail Garcia, Sale and Jose Quintana can be acquired in a trade, those executives confirmed."

Jose Quintana will be here next year.

Just about to post that. Really glad Q is going to be here. He's the perfect #2 behind Sale

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 07:52 PM)
Dan Hayes: "What that means is anyone not named Jose Abreu, Avisail Garcia, Sale and Jose Quintana can be acquired in a trade, those executives confirmed."

Jose Quintana will be here next year.

I don't buy that Quintana isn't available.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 07:54 PM)
Just about to post that. Really glad Q is going to be here. He's the perfect #2 behind Sale

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
I don't buy that Quintana isn't available.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 08:21 PM)
Yeah, that would terrible if they aren't going to entertain offers for Quintana.

All you have to do is read beyond the headline. If Hahn is saying that about Sale, he means it for everyone on the team.

“There’s a group of guys that we feel are part of our long-term success and having Chris at the front of our rotation we think is a big part of that potential for success,” Hahn said. “Obviously he’s signed for the next six years if we exercise both his options and we fully intend to win within that window. So while we have to not close off any avenues and have to hear other clubs when there is certain valuable commodities, moving him is not something we’re looking to do.”

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)
Weiters has become available per Rosenthal. Has 2 years left and his agent is Boras? Do/Should Sox go after him?

If they think they could extend him if things go well, I would support this. Weiters is overrated, but is an above average catcher and can be expected to be one for years to come.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 11:37 AM)
Definite fit, not sure how he wouldn't be?

He's a free agent in 2 years and could be very expensive, he's gotten worse 2 years in a row, doesn't walk a ton, wasn't great to begin with, and turns 28 this coming year. Yes, if they could extend him for $8-10 mill a year for 3 years and have him for the next 5 seasons, I'd be in favor of it. With Boras as his agent, I don't see how he wouldn't get to free agency and attempt to get like $12 mill a year based on his reputation, and that's at the age of 30.

Edited by witesoxfan