Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 09:53 PM)
He's had an amazing amount of blunders so far this year. Far surpassing anything Pierre or Pods ever did.

Cecchini has to be the centerpiece in any potential Peavy deal with Boston. Not only does he fit a big positional need, but he also addresses several major weaknesses in our lineup and organization (lack of left-handed hitters, low AVG/OBP). I wouldn't accept a deal frok them for anything less.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 10:26 PM)
Given how 2013 has gone, I'm scared for his start tomorrow.

I think a lot of grown men would cry tomorrow if something happened to him

Just got a text from my source to expect huge news in the next hour or so. Said to expect multiple White Sox players moved for an intriguing package that would shock everyone around the league. Oh yeah and I made that all up.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 10:28 PM)
I'd be shocked if he didn't. He's only thrown to major league hitters once since his return from the DL.

Plus a bunch of scouts will be in attendance tomorrow. I think this start will be the big final showcase and a move will happen by the weekend, assuming all goes well tomorrow.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 10:29 PM)
Just got a text from my source to expect huge news in the next hour or so. Said to expect multiple White Sox players moved for an intriguing package that would shock everyone around the league. Oh yeah and I made that all up.

Well that will get you to being ignored.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 10:29 PM)
No thanks on Cecchini, at least as the centerpiece. This team lacks power, I don't want a guy who has 14 HRs total in 242 minor league games to play a power position like 3rd.

I'd rather have Middlebrooks. Chicks don't dig walks.

Cecchini is a high-IQ player with a good feel for hitting but no plus tools who just missed my preseason top 100 and now looks like he clearly should have made it, hitting .365/.475/.615 and translating that ability to hit into above-average power production. There's absolutely some randomness/sample-size stuff at work here, but the early reports from scouts are glowing

No power? He's OPSed .898, .827, 1.016 in three minor league seasons. Couple that with good defense, a discerning batting eye, a good hit tool, and you have a top 30 prospect in baseball. I can't understand why anyone would turn their nose up at Cecchini.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 10:49 PM)
Peavy's not only scheduled to pitch tomorrow but appear at the Wild Pitches charity event after the game. Clearly we're looking at the weekend for any trade. ;)

Thornton was supposed to be in the charity event too and now he's in Boston.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 10:37 PM)
No power? He's OPSed .898, .827, 1.016 in three minor league seasons. Couple that with good defense, a discerning batting eye, a good hit tool, and you have a top 30 prospect in baseball. I can't understand why anyone would turn their nose up at Cecchini.

I think his OPS is inflated by his walk totals. He very well could turn into an above average power hitter but so far, to me anyway, he doesn't look like the power hitter I'd be looking for.

I'm not saying he's a bad player at all I just think this team needs more power in the lineup. I'd gladly take him in a deal with a different headliner though.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 11:00 PM)
I think his OPS is inflated by his walk totals. He very well could turn into an above average power hitter but so far, to me anyway, he doesn't look like the power hitter I'd be looking for.

I'm not saying he's a bad player at all I just think this team needs more power in the lineup. I'd gladly take him in a deal with a different headliner though.

28 Doubles, 5 triples, 7 home runs, and 19 stolen bases with a .975 OPS this season in the minors. I dont care what kind of power he has, that is a guy I want in my organization.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 08:05 PM)
lol I am losing my damn mind. I'm having the least productive couple weeks of my life

No s*** man... Totally relate.

My wife is pregnant and I work for myself at home.

Haven't worked for a week and probably won't do much until the 31st - lol

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 11:03 PM)
28 Doubles, 5 triples, 7 home runs, and 19 stolen bases with a .975 OPS this season in the minors. I dont care what kind of power he has, that is a guy I want in my organization.

Assuming we have Lexi and Beckham next year that would be an awfully weak hitting infield sans Dunn/1B/DH brought in next year.

Maybe all the years of the Sox being in the top 5 in HRs has spoiled me into wanting more power.

Edit- Hadn't seen the stolen base numbers he's put up, wouldn't mind him as a leadoff hitter...I would have liked to have seen Peavy bring back a middle of the lineup hitter though.

Edited by scs787