ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 06:54 AM)
The harm in some random guy getting all jacked is that he ends up killing you over something trivial because of 'roid rage.

Roid rage is basically a myth. Research shows that a "vast majority" of steroid users do not have any emotional changes during use and they don't have much of an explanation for why it seems to happen to others. I'm guessing if you ran into a guy who seemed to be roid raging, he was experiencing a placebo effect (and/or is just a giant asshole and felt entitled to be an asshole because he was juicing and had plausible deniability). Depression can be a side effect of ineffective post-cycle treatment due to low testosterone, however.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 10:59 AM)
Any idea who this involved?

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 3h

Heard an incredible story this month of a pitcher who announced to his teammates in the dugout that he drilled a guy because he's a PED user

I clicked the tweet to see if anyone had good speculation on who it could be...I found this

Ozzie Guillen Jr ‏@oguillenjr 2h

@Buster_ESPN scumbag pitcher

@Buster_ESPN user should have charged

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
I clicked the tweet to see if anyone had good speculation on who it could be...I found this

@Buster_ESPN scumbag pitcher

@Buster_ESPN user should have charged

"Shoot the *bleep.*"

-Ozzie Guillen, Sr.

Heard an incredible story this month of a pitcher who announced to his teammates in the dugout that he drilled a guy because he's a PED user

You know who my first thought was... Addison Reed.

Edited by TaylorStSox

When did Schilling come out of retirement?

He didn't say it was this year. It could have been any time in the last 10 years. I don't think we'll know until someone says it.

According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, Alex Rodriguez "declined to answer the questions of MLB investigators when they interviewed him" about the Biogenesis clinic.

Because of that, Heyman says, A-Rod is all but certain to receive a performance-enhancing drug suspension -- possibly for more than 50 games. There are another 15 or so players that are expected to be punished for their involvement in Biogenesis, including Brewers slugger Ryan Braun. The suspensions will likely be handed down simultaneously within the next couple of weeks and then the lengthy appeals process can begin.

Per Rotoworld

MLB ‏@MLB 3m

"I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions." - Ryan Braun.

"I wish to apologize to ... all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates."-Braun

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 44s

This will be the most expensive drug suspension in baseball history with Braun losing rest of his salary

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m

It’s effectively a 65-game suspension. That’s the number of games the #Brewers have remaining. Braun did not specify the mistakes he made.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
MLB ‏@MLB 3m

"I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions." - Ryan Braun.

"I wish to apologize to ... all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates."-Braun

This will be the most expensive drug suspension in baseball history with Braun losing rest of his salary

It’s effectively a 65-game suspension. That’s the number of games the #Brewers have remaining. Braun did not specify the mistakes he made.

He needs to apologize to the guy that held onto that initial test. What a jackass Braun is.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 02:43 PM)
MLB ‏@MLB 3m

Getting caught.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 05:46 PM)
Probably because he didn't fight the suspension, this time around anyway.

So MLB lets a guy get 35 games off and basically gives him what, a multi-million dollar bribe to drop his appeal?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
Very convenient that the Brewers suck and Braun has been battling an injury all season. Probably the best time for him to cut a deal.

As someone that hates the Cubs, I'm pretty happy with Braun only being out the remainder of this year :)