Ozzie

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 06:15 PM)
I do not post much and have learned never to respond to anything you say. However, if you are not a troll, then you are the biggest enigma in the history of Soxtalk. Your quirks are finely crafted and your comments tailor made to generate frustration on the part of your peers.

You consistently express simple childish beliefs you stick to no matter how much they defy logic, or more importantly, how many times intelligent debate illustrates the glaring flaws in these beliefs. For a while, you were the mentally handicapped brother that everyone put up with as they felt sorry for you, as you had no control over your disability.

I would almost be ready to assume you were real and just a simpleton with internet acces. However, when you talk about how you really are a smart guy and how you have a family, I am convinced you are full of it.

You were like our Fredo, but the entertainment value of your posts has long passed. Please go away as your commentary only diminishes the value of this site and makes us all dumber for having to read your drivel.

Post of the year?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not post much and have learned never to respond to anything you say. However, if you are not a troll, then you are the biggest enigma in the history of Soxtalk. Your quirks are finely crafted and your comments tailor made to generate frustration on the part of your peers.

You consistently express simple childish beliefs you stick to no matter how much they defy logic, or more importantly, how many times intelligent debate illustrates the glaring flaws in these beliefs. For a while, you were the mentally handicapped brother that everyone put up with as they felt sorry for you, as you had no control over your disability.

I would almost be ready to assume you were real and just a simpleton with internet acces. However, when you talk about how you really are a smart guy and how you have a family, I am convinced you are full of it.

You were like our Fredo, but the entertainment value of your posts has long passed. Please go away as your commentary only diminishes the value of this site and makes us all dumber for having to read your drivel.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 04:59 PM)
Just give it a rest...you throw out the same garbage over and over again and never listen to any else's counterpoints. You also make outlandish comments like "Ozzie is guaranteed to win a World Series with the Marlins" and despite being horribly wrong on a regular basis you keep flinging this same crap against the wall. You're clearly trolling, stop f***ing denying it.

Also, did you really just speak in the 3rd person?

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 05:08 PM)
Greg is either a troll or has brain damage. one or the other.

Get past the personal attacks. None of it is necessary.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
He said: "Your quirks are finely crafted and your comments tailor made to generate frustration on the part of your peers."

I will respond to that by saying I write my posts fast and furious. I do not spend a lot of time "crafting" my posts. I write fast and move on to the next topic like in the Filibuster.

Let's face it. I'm hated because I LOVE Ozzie and most hate him. I won't write any more about Ozzie in either thread on here since people get so upset.

Fast and Furious: greg775

Same here. NO more personal attacks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
He said: "Your quirks are finely crafted and your comments tailor made to generate frustration on the part of your peers."

I will respond to that by saying I write my posts fast and furious. I do not spend a lot of time "crafting" my posts. I write fast and move on to the next topic like in the Filibuster.

Let's face it. I'm hated because I LOVE Ozzie and most hate him. I won't write any more about Ozzie in either thread on here since people get so upset.

Greg, I've been one to defend you in the past. But dude, 2014 is right around the corner. Find another cause.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 08:04 PM)
I apologize for posting on Ozzie. I will stop. I can go through and delete all my posts on Ozzie as well.

Why? The world is full of sports forums were fans are not as rational as others. I hate off days. I could predict what would happen soon as I seen this thread title. People on both sides just can't seem to let go of Ozzie.

The newbs need to cool it with the insults.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 08:39 PM)
So its cool to be an asshole to other posters and call them names now if they have a different opinion on a topic?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 08:57 PM)
Same here. NO more personal attacks.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 09:19 PM)
Why? The world is full of sports forums were fans are not as rational as others. I hate off days. I could predict what would happen soon as I seen this thread title. People on both sides just can't seem to let go of Ozzie.

The newbs need to cool it with the insults.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 10:06 PM)
Here here

Not sure who the newbie is here as most people commenting in this thread have been around for a while. They may not all post a lot, but who cares?

On the topic of civility and respect, I do not believe I was insulting a legitimate poster who has been persecuted for having an alternative opinion. I try not to dismiss someone outright for having a differing opinion. That is not what happened here, though. I, along with many others on this site, have no doubt that the poster in question is deliberately trying to bait people into ridiculous circular arguments that go nowhere. I was simply trying to point out that this poster is not the village idiot he so masterfully portrays.

Maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe people here do not mind the silly banter as it keeps things interesting. I guess I should not care, but the silly commentary does grow tiresome and I am baffled by how many people here continue to be had.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
Greg is Greg. I think people should utilize their ignore button instead of attempting to silence people. I mean, I think we fought a revolutionary war for that right...

Lol, he's arguing about whether Greg is a troll or not. I think he has just become a parody of himself. He throws out his outlandish opinions, while completely ignoring logical arguments countering it, and then has a completely opposite and somewhat hypocritical view on another player or thing. I think greg is real, but he has just embraced how people react on his opinion and posts about Ozzie tbh.

Edited by ron883

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)
I apologize for posting on Ozzie. I will stop. I can go through and delete all my posts on Ozzie as well.

It's not about you posting about Ozzie, it's about you ignoring every single piece of information that doesn't support what you already think. It just gets old, and frustration is bound to bubble over every now and then because people try to explain stuff to you a million ways, but you never change your mind even though you never present anything to defend your point. It's fine to disagree, but not when you can't make any sort of argument for your point of view. It's like if someone kept saying the Earth was flat in every thread, no matter how many times people pointed him toward information proving the Earth was round. Occasionally someone is going to be having a rough day and be tired of hearing it and just blow up about it.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)
It's not about you posting about Ozzie, it's about you ignoring every single piece of information that doesn't support what you already think. It just gets old, and frustration is bound to bubble over every now and then because people try to explain stuff to you a million ways, but you never change your mind even though you never present anything to defend your point. It's fine to disagree, but not when you can't make any sort of argument for your point of view. It's like if someone kept saying the Earth was flat in every thread, no matter how many times people pointed him toward information proving the Earth was round. Occasionally someone is going to be having a rough day and be tired of hearing it and just blow up about it.

^this...and most boards would classify that as trolling

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
Greg is Greg. I think people should utilize their ignore button instead of attempting to silence people. I mean, I think we fought a revolutionary war for that right...

We fought the Revolutionary War to give people the right to troll websites?

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 11:48 AM)
Freedom of speech does not extend to privately owned entities such as this message board.

No, but greg has made 20,000 posts on the board and the owner of the website has not stopped him. I think he is perfectly fine with it for the most part, and this is on top of said owner making some otherwise brash comments on the subject matter.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 11:48 AM)
Freedom of speech does not extend to privately owned entities such as this message board.

Well thank you captain obvious! Seriously, I know this but as wite said, if a head honcho really had beef, they would have tossed his ass a long time ago.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
Neither. Not hipster enough for Danny's and not douchebag yuppie enough for the Map Room. Actually, I haven't been to Danny's in a couple years. I'm sure it's just as douchebag as Map Room now.

Hahahahahahaha, you think the Map Room is a yuppie hangout. That's cute.

Danny's now reminds me of Logan Square. Basically it hasn't changed.