2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 01:15 PM)
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 3h

Bad Timing And Decision: 49ers DT Ray McDonald allegedly involved in domestic violence dispute.

I guess Adam Schefter approves of domestic violence in February or March?

Bad timing as he gets to be the first to test the new policy.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
Bad timing as he gets to be the first to test the new policy.

So last week would have been good timing to beat a pregnant woman? I guess I see what he is trying to say, but come on now, especially as such a public spokesperson

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
So last week would have been good timing to beat a pregnant woman? I guess I see what he is trying to say, but come on now, especially as such a public spokesperson

I think you're reading into it a bit much. Right after he said bad timing, he said wrong decision.

He's clearly not endorsing people to beat their wives.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)
I think you're reading into it a bit much. Right after he said bad timing, he said wrong decision.

The problem is there's really no way to come off in that statement without looking "iffy".

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 06:21 PM)

I get it, but it's just the way ESPN keeps treating domestic violence like a speeding ticket to protect their NFL image.

He has over 3 million followers and he's so concerned McDonald may face a longer suspension because it happened this week, not last week. Never mind the pregnant woman he beat up.

The Rams will not sign free agent DE Michael Sam to their practice squad.

Sam cleared waivers Sunday. St. Louis will announce its ten-man practice squad on Monday, and Sam won't be on it. The 249th overall pick in May's draft played well enough in preseason games to earn a look elsewhere, but to this point Sam has generated no known interest since being waived by the Rams.

Source: Mike Silver on Twitter

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 10:32 PM)
The Rams will not sign free agent DE Michael Sam to their practice squad.

Sam cleared waivers Sunday. St. Louis will announce its ten-man practice squad on Monday, and Sam won't be on it. The 249th overall pick in May's draft played well enough in preseason games to earn a look elsewhere, but to this point Sam has generated no known interest since being waived by the Rams.

Source: Mike Silver on Twitter

This to me pretty much says the Rams used one of their 3 7th round picks as a favor to draft Sam with no real intentions of keeping him on their roster in any form.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 11:21 PM)
This to me pretty much says the Rams used one of their 3 7th round picks as a favor to draft Sam with no real intentions of keeping him on their roster in any form.

They might have the best defensive line in all of football, so it probably wasn't the best landing spot for him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 12:29 AM)
They might have the best defensive line in all of football, so it probably wasn't the best landing spot for him.

That's the real issue,t they're deep enough at that position that as a football decision they can't keep an extra DLineman on their practice squad.

All you can ask is that how they're treating him is fair based on football decisions and so far that's true.

I am getting a bit tired of the excessive attention though, he isn't a big enough impact player to receive hours of time discussed on TV. Hopefully the start of the actual season cuts that back.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
Bears practice squad

WR Josh Bellamy

OL Taylor Boggs

DT Brandon Dunn

CB Isaiah Frey

LB Dede Lattimore

OL Ryan Groy

CB Al Louis-Jean

CB Terrance Mitchell

DT Roy Philon

WR Rashad Ross

Pretty boring sans Mitchell who I remember being highly thought of in the draft before pulling a hammy. Think he was 2nd-3rd round projected.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
Pretty boring sans Mitchell who I remember being highly thought of in the draft before pulling a hammy. Think he was 2nd-3rd round projected.

I can't think of many practice squads that are exciting

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
I get it, but it's just the way ESPN keeps treating domestic violence like a speeding ticket to protect their NFL image.

He has over 3 million followers and he's so concerned McDonald may face a longer suspension because it happened this week, not last week. Never mind the pregnant woman he beat up.

He's not concerned just stating a fact. It's bad timing on the part of the moron player. He does this last week, 2 games. He does it this week 6 games. It is bad timing for him. Of course idiots who do this type of thing don't have brains anyway.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
Bears practice squad

WR Josh Bellamy

OL Taylor Boggs

DT Brandon Dunn

CB Isaiah Frey

LB Dede Lattimore

OL Ryan Groy

CB Al Louis-Jean

CB Terrance Mitchell

DT Roy Philon

WR Rashad Ross

A Dunn on the bears? No playoffs this year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 11:29 PM)

Which only helps support what I said earlier.

My conspiracy theory is Goodell asked Fisher to draft him as a favor so the NFL would look good