2014 MLB catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)
Trevor Cahill DFA'd by Arizona. What a terrible move that turned out to be.

yeah...the fans have been calling for Towers head out here now for a while. With Larussa in the picture now...it's just a matter of time. I'd kick the tires on Cahill. He's owed probably 3.5-4M for the rest of this season...but a gnarly 12M next year. I bet the Dbacks would eat a chunk of that. He's been crap this year...but even since he breakout year with the A's...his ERA hasn't been that awful bad. That being said...it all depends on how much the Dbags would eat.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)
yeah...the fans have been calling for Towers head out here now for a while. With Larussa in the picture now...it's just a matter of time. I'd kick the tires on Cahill. He's owed probably 3.5-4M for the rest of this season...but a gnarly 12M next year. I bet the Dbacks would eat a chunk of that. He's been crap this year...but even since he breakout year with the A's...his ERA hasn't been that awful bad. That being said...it all depends on how much the Dbags would eat.

It sounds like they will hold on to him and send him to AAA to work on his problems., which he has said he will accept. (Assuming no team is dumb enough to take on his full salary)

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
Former Cy Young winner Bob Welch dead at 57.........way too young. He was awesome with the A's

And in the WS for the Dodgers he exacted some revenge on Reggie, IIRC.

funny how athletes say things, clear as day, then they say how it was a misunderatnding lol

frieri said:

"We're going to beat (the A's),'' he said at the time. "Get ready to write that. I hate to say this, but they have a little bit of extra luck. If you pay attention every play, it's stupid how the game goes their way.''

and now that it was a misunderstanding lol. ive hated the angels for a while and was hoping the a's would beat them, but hey he was right, so far,winning the first two. i still think the a's win the division though, unless the angels get another good starter