Yanks on Danks

southsider2k5

Fuld is a lefty who hits lefties better than righties.... maybe he's a character guy and some extra insurance.

I doubt Beane cares much about getting full/fair value out of every one of his players. Milone had a roster spot, probably wasn't going to bring back a lot anyway, so whatever. Beane needed another body in the OF and got one. Not sure why any of us would have wanted him other than as a lefty in the pen, but if he's going to complain about not starting then why would we want him? We need righties. And if we want a lower ceiling lefty we already ahve Surkamp. No use for that guy. OTOH the Twins will take any pitching they can get it seems.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 10:18 AM)
Realistically he can wait another hour or so.

Thats probably the best way to do it, announce the scratch near game time to up the pressure on the teams involved so they feel a deal is imminent to get each teams BAFO.

Did the A's seriously just re-acquire somebody they let go THIS year for Milone? Ugh.

Sox are going to struggle against Milone for years to come, I think I know that much. Twins got him for basically nothing.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 10:19 AM)
Thats probably the best way to do it, announce the scratch near game time to up the pressure on the teams involved so they feel a deal is imminent to get each teams BAFO.

There are several teams involved in hunting for pitching. Let them start to fight it out.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
Did the A's seriously just re-acquire somebody they let go THIS year for Milone? Ugh.

Sox are going to struggle against Milone for years to come, I think I know that much. Twins got him for basically nothing.

Who cares...at this point, you're trying to win a World Series. Every little bit helps.

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
Wouldn't they be able to have someone getting ready on the side along with Danks? That would allow them to wait until even closer to game time for the scratch.

This could very well be happening. Heck there could be someone from Charlotte losing up in the tunnels in Detroit, and we might not know it.

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
Wouldn't they be able to have someone getting ready on the side along with Danks? That would allow them to wait until even closer to game time for the scratch.

That would be interesting. Would be awesome if we had someone in Detroit right now letting us know the guys who are getting ready.