Game Thread- Sox @ Tigers 12:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
This team is so weird. It seems like whenever I'm watching or paying attention, they are putting together a nice run or a win streak and they're in every game, yet they're 3 games below .500. Again, it's weird, but this team feels like it should be 5-7 games over .500 right now instead.

They can't go on a run. I think their longest winning streak is 4.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:29 PM)
Hard to go on sustained runs when you have the giant starting pitching holes we have had all season.

This team is so weird. It seems like whenever I'm watching or paying attention, they are putting together a nice run or a win streak and they're in every game, yet they're 3 games below .500. Again, it's weird, but this team feels like it should be 5-7 games over .500 right now instead.

idk how we going contend with tigers rotation

QUOTE (almagest @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
Hard to go on sustained runs when you have the giant starting pitching holes we have had all season.

Along with a terrible bullpen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:29 PM)

This team feels really close. I advocated them trading Alexei, but I don't mind if they keep him. There are a few glaring holes still - LF, RF, 2B, C, and then DH after the season, plus they could use another starter and some more bullpen help - but it seems that they'll be competitive for the rest of this year and into next year with the possibility of being really good in 2016.

Knock on wood, of course.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:42 PM)
Gillaspie replaced viciedo in the 7th is he gone?

Pretty sure it was just a pinch hit due to bases loaded in a tie game with a right handed pitcher on the mound.

Didnt work though as conor popped out

They would be if the hadn't traded Addison Reed.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:27 PM)

The Robin Ventura Effect...

They would be if the hadn't traded Addison Reed.

Sox bullpen ERA = 3.89

Addison Reed ERA = 3.95

So yeah, I can see how the Sox would be so many games better by adding a guy with a 3.95 ERA to a bullpen with a 3.89 ERA

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:51 PM)
Sox bullpen ERA = 3.89

Addison Reed ERA = 3.95

So yeah, I can see how the Sox would be so many games better by adding a guy with a 3.95 ERA to a bullpen with a 3.89 ERA

Not to mention Reed pitches in a kinder park and league.