2014-2015 MLB off season player movement and rumors thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 11:10 AM)
Heyward and Walden to St. Louis for Shelby Miller and Tyrell Jenkins.

Damn.

Feel like MLB is going to blow their collective wad before the Winter Meetings again.

Someone remind me why I defected from Cardinal fandom?

Oh yeah. I was 10. I couldn't watch Cardinals games. And Frank Thomas.

Still happy with the choice, but f*** if the Cards aren't a well-run organization.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 11:20 AM)
Everyone is on the Cubs nuts with what they are going to do, yet the Cardinals out of nowhere just won the off season.

Getting Heyward and Walden for Miller who they weren't high on is an amazing trade for St Louis.

Way too early to say anyone won the offseason, but this has not been a good day for the Cubs.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 11:29 AM)
Could have big ramifications for the Sox. Melky Cabrera just lost his most likely destination and Dioner Navarro could become a trade option.

Good call and I hope you're right. Would love to see Cabrera in LF with Navarro platooning with Flowers. That would be two very nice upgrades right there.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 11:18 AM)
Someone remind me why I defected from Cardinal fandom?

Oh yeah. I was 10. I couldn't watch Cardinals games. And Frank Thomas.

Still happy with the choice, but f*** if the Cards aren't a well-run organization.

Any Sox fan should be a Cards fan just by proxy of Cub hatred.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 12:26 PM)
I used to be that way until the "Best Fans in Baseball" made it impossible to root for St. Louis.

The cubs proclamations of being the best fans in baseball is not that far off and the cubs, when playing well, draw incredibly on the road as do the Bears and Hawks. Really is sad the Sox can not get into this attraction with Chicago sports fans.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)
The cubs proclamations of being the best fans in baseball is not that far off and the cubs, when playing well, draw incredibly on the road as do the Bears and Hawks. Really is sad the Sox can not get into this attraction with Chicago sports fans.

I thought he meant that about Cardinals fans becoming too irritating to tolerate, although still better than preferring the Cubs to the Cards, presumably.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 01:34 PM)
It would be awesome if the Cubs come up empty handed

Yes!

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
IF so you would think Buehrle would be heavily shopped

Supposedly the Jays already are and are rumored to be willing to send money with Buehrle.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)

Cubs fans are not the best in baseball. Sox fans would come out much more if the organization could put together any stretch of success, but that hasn't really happened in awhile.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 11:16 PM)
Thats a lot of money to a player who has gotten a lot of concussions.

Must be frustrating to see Morneau had the kind of season he had for Colorado (finally), but there's no way they could keep paying him with those expectations (performing at near MVP level like five or six years ago).

On a personal level, I'm sure fans are happy for him and his family. You just never know how fragile the balance health-wise is until you've witnessed the situations with Stanton, Dravecky, Ray Fosse, Conigliaro, Morneau, Puckett, Heyward, F. Vina, etc. Or Steve Sax, Mackey Sasser, Knoblauch, Pedro Alvarez and Rick Ankiel psychologically being blocked from doing a simple repetitive physical act they've executed hundreds of thousands of times.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
Cubs fans are not the best in baseball. Sox fans would come out much more if the organization could put together any stretch of success, but that hasn't really happened in awhile.

Cub fans don't have be induced to come to a game, which is the exact point. They don't have a list of 95 thesis they need filled before showing up. Cubs fans are so much more loyal than White Sox fans it isn't even funny. It is that exact loyalty that allowed them to do the rebuild they are in now. The White Sox could never do that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 07:03 AM)
Cub fans don't have be induced to come to a game, which is the exact point. They don't have a list of 95 thesis they need filled before showing up. Cubs fans are so much more loyal than White Sox fans it isn't even funny. It is that exact loyalty that allowed them to do the rebuild they are in now. The White Sox could never do that.

I dont remember saying that Sox fans were anywhere near the best in baseball. Also, Cubs attendance has dropped by over a million fans annually over the last 4 years.