White Sox Interactive

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
You’re talking about FarWestChicago. AFAIK, he got married and moved to Canada. Him and his wife basically own/run the site from their own servers although I don’t know that either of them actually post anymore.

The other guy you are talking about is Daver. He’s FWC’s right-hand man and he was/is a plumber. He’s never been wrong about a single subject either. Just ask him.

its good to see you. yeah I came back after many yrs of sickness/health issues.

yeah i thought it was him. i just wasn't sure. i really can't remember what to conversation was that happen that night.

either way, it was for the best, we came here.

is davers still FWC right hand man?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)
LOL, very true. Daver and Voodoochile are kind of the henchmen of WSI. Their form of "moderating" has done a great deal of help for SoxTalk. I was an eight year poster there until they forced my hand into finding and joining SoxTalk.

if i remember correctly, i never had problems with Voodoochile and he was trying to mediate but the other clown kept the crap up.

either way Voodoochile was always kool with me.

peace

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 10:32 AM)
Ncorgbl. Pretty sure he was the one that was exposed by JimH and Quickman, and then he disappeared.

I remember that blowhard. Juddling and I used to have a list of 'Ncorgiblisms' for all the crap he used to say, like 'there's your opinion, then there's my fact'. He had about 10 of them he used over and over to try and shut down arguments.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 4, 2014 -> 07:18 PM)
Hey TEX were you here when we had that huge arguement / fight with the espn white sox forum.

If I remembered they had to shut it down to banned us?

man I miss Yansy.

I wasn't here, but that may have been about the time I went from ESPN to here. Someone from Soxtalk, I always thought it was SS but he said it wasn't him, invited me to come here. Talking about early days, even AOL had a really great discussion area with some excellent fans. I believe that was where I first met Steff.

I thought I was going to be banned at WSI in 2005. They had a poster in September who kept predicting the Sox would not make the playoffs. One of the two main mods made a deal. If the poster was wrong and the team did make the playoffs he would be suspended/banned. If he was right, and the team did not make the playoffs, he could stay. I responded that that was stupid. Why would you want a guy around saying "I told you so" instead of having the guy around to shame when the Sox made the playoffs? The next dozen posts all anticipated my banning. Somehow, I escaped the without punishment.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 12:07 AM)
Greg were you also a member there? the night I left, someone was going to be suspend for a

simple joke. then oh hell broke lose. was that you? maybe head22 or someone else can answer.

I totally forgot.

Ha, I can hardly remember.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 08:43 AM)
I thought I was going to be banned at WSI in 2005. They had a poster in September who kept predicting the Sox would not make the playoffs. One of the two main mods made a deal. If the poster was wrong and the team did make the playoffs he would be suspended/banned. If he was right, and the team did not make the playoffs, he could stay. I responded that that was stupid. Why would you want a guy around saying "I told you so" instead of having the guy around to shame when the Sox made the playoffs? The next dozen posts all anticipated my banning. Somehow, I escaped the without punishment.

That’s really been their downfall IMO. Posters are afraid to make fairly innocent comments like that out of fear of getting banned. Everyone walks on eggshells trying to not cross the line but nobody knows exactly where the line is.

I can’t count the number of times I would read a post that started with some variation of “I hope this doesn’t get me banned but…”

That’s just no way to run a good MB.

I found both WSI and this board in 2003 but when I first started posting I was mostly on WSI. But between the Mods just being complete assholes there, the minor league coverage here and just the people in general, I switched over here and completely stopped posting there within the year.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
Apparently we are still 50,000 posts away from their total... Hey Balta, wanna talk about the next election for a while?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
*cracks knuckles*

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 03:37 PM)
*gets popcorn*

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 04:00 PM)
*takes pants off*

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
*points and laughs*

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)
49,995 to go.

And this is why SoxTalk won the war.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)
Apparently we are still 50,000 posts away from their total... Hey Balta, wanna talk about the next election for a while?

yeah, most of those post were from the majority that got banned or left.

we had a great time there before the bullcrap.

it was like here when we all move here. talk about the wild west and oh the crap from

the north side, rival and other sites.

I am still so glad this site is still the best.

btw mods and Jason, if yousguys ever let the color scheme and crap get outdated,

shoot yourself in the foot and look at wsi.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 05:07 AM)
Greg were you also a member there? the night I left, someone was going to be suspend for a

simple joke. then oh hell broke lose. was that you? maybe head22 or someone else can answer.

I totally forgot.

Not me. I never went over there. I think when I got suspended for three or six months here I checked it out over there and wasn't into it. This board looks good, is easy to navigate and I didn't need to get involved in two boards. This was enough Sox discussion for me, especially since I ofttimes would be involved in intense dialogue over here.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 11:40 AM)
I found both WSI and this board in 2003 but when I first started posting I was mostly on WSI. But between the Mods just being complete assholes there, the minor league coverage here and just the people in general, I switched over here and completely stopped posting there within the year.

Same experience here. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned Daver. I'd forgotten that guy. Good Lord, what a pud.

When I went down in flames (defending a friend who I'd recruited to the site because I thought it would be cool...of course he was being attacked by the mods about his music opinion, of all things)...I at least asked to be banned permanently.

Seriously, that's the kind of site that almost makes you want to be a fan of another team, and does more harm than good...that's the sad part as a Sox fan, and it's not like we are such a huge number in the first place these days.

Guess I made the right choice. I tried WSI back in 06 and made a few posts but didn't like it. Then joined Southsiders and was there for quite a while but there were some homers I just did not get along with and just forgot about the place. When I joined here I also started a new account at WSI but never posted and in fact forgot that I had an account there until this thread reminded me. :lol: