Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:25 AM)
FWIW, you guys are right. A lot going on. The next week or two will be very active. Rick and Beane have been in talks all week. Dodgers cooled off. Still heavy talks with Reds and Rockies as well.

Do you believe this tweet from Benson that Sox will acquire Samardzija this weekend?

Is the Rick talking to the Rockies about Gonzalez?

Thank you by the way. I love your information.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:25 AM)
FWIW, you guys are right. A lot going on. The next week or two will be very active. Rick and Beane have been in talks all week. Dodgers cooled off. Still heavy talks with Reds and Rockies as well.

Rockies? For a position player for pitcher? I wonder if I could nail my Drew Stubbs guess from a month or two ago.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)

The Sox are? Excuse my ignorance here, not sure who is connected with any team sources here.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 10:29 PM)
Any idea of what they are going to give up? Seems a bit risky w/ a 1 year rental.

He'd be a trade candidate with the Sox too if he decides to test FA or draft pick if Sox offered him a QO upon keeping him the whole year. A rental pitcher isn't a terrible idea since Rodon and others are moving up.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:26 AM)
Do you believe this tweet from Benson that Sox will acquire Samardzija this weekend?

Is the Rick talking to the Rockies about Gonzalez?

Thank you by the way. I love your information.

Keep an eye on this. Tried, but I can't confirm it.

Lots of moving parts with OAK, including Samardjiza contract, Reddick, relievers...etc. Could be impact deal.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 10:34 PM)
He'd be a trade candidate with the Sox too if he decides to test FA or draft pick if Sox offered him a QO upon keeping him the whole year. A rental pitcher isn't a terrible idea since Rodon and others are moving up.

Would all depend on who they give up... If a guy like Beck or Danish goes, it doesn't make much sense, IMO.

A rotation of:

Sale

Samardijza

Quintana

Danks

Noesi/Bassit

Would look pretty nice this coming year.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:34 AM)

Shark isn't going to come cheap. I could see Beane considering a package built around Montas & Semien, but that's a hefty price to pay for a rental. Hell, I'm not sure I'd want to give up that much even if he'd agree to extension given how much money it will cost us.

I'd rather pay more and get a cost-controlled asset, even if they come with less of a track record than Shark.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:43 AM)
This is exciting! Sounds a lot like a 3 team trade is coming together... and here I thought we'd have to wait til December for the real excitement to begin!

Well, December is 2 days away, so I wouldn't be surprised if we did have to wait until then. Winter Meetings is my favorite time of the offseason. I watch MLB Network all day and stay glued to Twitter.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:39 AM)
Shark isn't going to come cheap. I could see Beane considering a package built around Montas & Semien, but that's a hefty price to pay for a rental. Hell, I'm not sure I'd want to give up that much even if he'd agree to extension given how much money it will cost us.

I'd rather pay more and get a cost-controlled asset, even if they come with less of a track record than Shark.

Yeah, not sure I would do it either. I'm just not a huge Samardjiza fan.

If Rick is gonna deal for an impact pitcher he should be younger and controlled, IMO.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 01:51 AM)
I don't think this guy is anyone but he didn't offer any context to this tweet: Danny Delamater ‏@DeltaDood24 4h4 hours ago

As trade samardzija to the white Sox for alexi ramirez and prospects

I say no too that deal

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 01:51 AM)
I don't think this guy is anyone but he didn't offer any context to this tweet: Danny Delamater ‏@DeltaDood24 4h4 hours ago

As trade samardzija to the white Sox for alexi ramirez and prospects

Makes no sense unless we are signing a guy like Jed Lowrie or something where there is a step down from Alexei to Lowrie, but then a BIG step up by adding Samardzija to the rotation.

But even then, I'd be leery of adding any more than a 1 for 1 swap, unless it's a low level prospect like Beck or something.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 10:45 PM)
Yeah, not sure I would do it either. I'm just not a huge Samardjiza fan.

If Rick is gonna deal for an impact pitcher he should be younger and controlled, IMO.

So... How does one sleep at 3am CST with rumors starting to swirl.

Gurrrrrrrrrreat!

-Tony The Tiger

A couple days ago Dan Hayes was on sports talk csn talking about what's next for the sox. One of the areas talked about was the rh starting pitcher and said the sox were looking at a number 2 or 3 starter. Said something about shields like but he would be too expensive contract wise so said they would probably go the route of trade. http://www.csnchicago.com/video_content_ty...x-after-laroche