Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
The White Sox will know before the trade whether they can lock him up or not.

Samardzija has all kinds of links to Chicago which I am sure the White Sox are aware of.

I think in the end he hated being part of a rebuild at Wrigely and that was as big a reason as any for not signing long term.

Agree

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:04 AM)
why wouldn't oakland allow a negotiation window? i just woke up, so rational thinking hasn't kicked in yet

wouldn't this up the value to their team by netting them more/better players in return?

I have no inside info (obviously), but I'm guessing they aren't granting a window because they don't think he'll sign and they don't want their deal to be contingent on something that isn't likely to happen and is out of their control.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
The White Sox will know before the trade whether they can lock him up or not.

Samardzija has all kinds of links to Chicago which I am sure the White Sox are aware of.

I think in the end he hated being part of a rebuild at Wrigely and that was as big a reason as any for not signing long term.

I hope you are right. Otherwise a deal for him wouldn't make a lot of sense with what Hahn has been preaching.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 10:05 AM)
Yeah, I think that's what he'll probably do regardless. But when you look at our system, it seems like it's either Anderson or an underpay, IMO.

That's why I think the deal will involve Rameirez if it's done. The A's need a shortstop this season. They have top SS prospects.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 10:43 AM)
That's why I think the deal will involve Rameirez if it's done. The A's need a shortstop this season. They have top SS prospects.

If ramirez was part of the deal I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't end up trading him down the road.

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)

That could make sense. Hahn could argue that we need a 3-win RHP more than we need a 3-win SS because of our respective replacement options.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
Rock what is your gut/thoughts on this one? Think Rick can land him this week?

I think it makes a ton of sense from what I hear. Top of the rotation RHP, wants to be back in chicago, ties to the area, would possibly sign long term with the right team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
I think it makes a ton of sense from what I hear. Top of the rotation RHP, wants to be back in chicago, ties to the area, would possibly sign long term with the right team.

if you can comment on it.. anyway we can land him without giving up Anderson

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:49 AM)
Semien going to Oakland makes a ton of sense and I hate it because Semien is probably my favorite young player in the system right now.

Better than Anderson though...If Anderson is involved I will not be pleased.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:49 AM)
Semien going to Oakland makes a ton of sense and I hate it because Semien is probably my favorite young player in the system right now.

Despite everyone s***ting on him all last season, I think he is going to turn out to be a really nice player

Better than Anderson though...If Anderson is involved I will not be pleased.

I would almost rather give up Anderson than Semien, especially if Oakland values Anderson over Semien to the point that they would add a prospect to the deal.

Semien has a reasonable chance of being a positive-WAR full-time starter at several different positions in 2015.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)
I would almost rather give up Anderson than Semien, especially if Oakland values Anderson over Semien to the point that they would add a prospect to the deal.

Semien has a reasonable chance of being a positive-WAR full-time starter at several different positions in 2015.

Of those players that can be traded, the only two I do not want the Sox to deal at all are Semien and Anderson. They could frankly trade anybody else and I wouldn't care at all.