2015 Films thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big NWA fan growing up, so I had to watch the movie over the weekend. It thought it was good portraying their story although some parts they faded out from that I would've liked for them to tell around more. It's almost scary how much Ice Cube's son looks like a spitting image of him.. The character for Dr. Dre was pretty good. Probably the best actor in the movie.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
I hated the Kingsmen, I thought it was disgusting. Seems to be a big divide on that movie with love/hate. The violence in that church seen was gross to me, but I can't necessarily tell you why it was worse than something like Kill Bill which I could watch and be much affected by it.

That scene seemed like something out of the Matrix (somewhat). I was surprised to read that Colin Firth did about 80% of his own stunts/fighting. That had to be fun.....

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 08:25 AM)
Big NWA fan growing up, so I had to watch the movie over the weekend. It thought it was good portraying their story although some parts they faded out from that I would've liked for them to tell around more. It's almost scary how much Ice Cube's son looks like a spitting image of him.. The character for Dr. Dre was pretty good. Probably the best actor in the movie.

I saw on twitter yesterday that the movie has Easy wearing the current Sox logo on his hat during a scene from 1986....D'oh

QUOTE (MEANS @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 07:52 AM)
I saw on twitter yesterday that the movie has Easy wearing the current Sox logo on his hat during a scene from 1986....D'oh

Yea that was bad. :lol: Also the actor who played Snoop Dogg looked and was nothing like him. Just terrible.

Watched The Maze Runner last night. Seems like the production company/studio wanted to attach itself onto the coattails of The Hunger Games (or Divergent). The plot was basic; it was a rehash of other things (Lord of The Flies, The Minotaur, Harry Potter Goblet of Fire). It was entertaining but one-dimensional. 2 stars our of 5.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
Watched The Maze Runner last night. Seems like the production company/studio wanted to attach itself onto the coattails of The Hunger Games (or Divergent). The plot was basic; it was a rehash of other things (Lord of The Flies, The Minotaur, Harry Potter Goblet of Fire). It was entertaining but one-dimensional. 2 stars our of 5.

That movie has a fun premise, but the plot makes zero sense. Go ahead and read plot summaries for the next two books and laugh and laugh.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)

i am divided on it, b/c of bk 1. the other 2 books, forget about it. it was like the author was trying to, as you said jump on the coat tails.

if i had to give it a ratings, maybe rent it, 1/2 of 5. that is how bad i really thought of it. but bk 1 was ok.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 07:55 AM)
Yea that was bad. :lol: Also the actor who played Snoop Dogg looked and was nothing like him. Just terrible.

So many of the look-a-likes and actors were good. Then there was whatever the hell Snoop Dogg was.

It was a really well made film, though it should be subtitled "Ice Cube doesn't understand record deals."

And yeah, Eazy rocking the Sox hat in 1986 was kind of funny.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 07:55 AM)

Keith Stanfield is a really, really, insanely good actor. If you have Netflix, watch Short Term 12. There was a push for him to get nominated for Best Original Song but rap music gets a hard time from the oldies in Academy.

For a 24 year old, he has a pretty good filmography.

http://www.ew.com/gallery/fall-movie-previ...clusive-photos/

Fall/holiday/early winter movie previews

37 of the biggest upcoming attractions. Interesting to see Everest on film, read the original Krakauer book and also saw the IMAX documentary that came out over a decade ago.

Obviously, Hunger Games 4 will get the most attention.

Finally, by all appearances, like another Tom Hardy command performance playing both brothers (with opposite personalities) in a movie.

The Leo Dicaprio one (near the end) where he plays a man left for dead to survive in the elements could be good as well...along with the 29th Spielberg film about the U-2 spy case/Cold War/prisoner exchange in the early 1960's.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 02:33 AM)
http://www.ew.com/gallery/fall-movie-previ...clusive-photos/

Fall/holiday/early winter movie previews

37 of the biggest upcoming attractions. Interesting to see Everest on film, read the original Krakauer book and also saw the IMAX documentary that came out over a decade ago.

Obviously, Hunger Games 4 will get the most attention.

Finally, by all appearances, like another Tom Hardy command performance playing both brothers (with opposite personalities) in a movie.

The Leo Dicaprio one (near the end) where he plays a man left for dead to survive in the elements could be good as well...along with the 29th Spielberg film about the U-2 spy case/Cold War/prisoner exchange in the early 1960's.

I hear some scifi movie is coming out soon. About space or something. Harrison Ford is in it I think. :)

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 22, 2015 -> 09:58 AM)
Saw The Man From UNCLE last night, really enjoyed it. Armie Hammer was great, hope there's a sequel.

I am going to see a screening of Sciario early next month too.

That's the former Red Sox inf.

Sicario....meaning assassin in Spanish. Emily Blunt continues her action roles transformation.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 07:51 PM)
So many of the look-a-likes and actors were good. Then there was whatever the hell Snoop Dogg was.

It was a really well made film, though it should be subtitled "Ice Cube doesn't understand record deals."

And yeah, Eazy rocking the Sox hat in 1986 was kind of funny.

I was impressed with Straight Outta Compton. I was a little wary of the nearly 2 1/2 hour run time, but it didn't feel like it dragged on at all. Told the story at a good clip.

Yella was hilarious.