4/29: Sox vs Orioles, WPWR50, free MLB.com, 1PM

Buehrle>Wood

So yes the sox have played less games then everybody else. Sox have 17 games coming into today. Next 2 teams at 19 are cleveland and Baltimore. Sox have 138 hits, cleveland with 149 and Baltimore with 184. Sox have 60 runs, cleveland with 71, and Baltimore with 104. Sox have 58 rbis, cleveland with 69 and Baltimore with 98.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
Just once can we have a guy like "Jose Parades" hitting 405 at the end of April? Sox never find any lightning in a bottle.

Paulie was hitting like .400 on May 1st a few years ago.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
So yes the sox have played less games then everybody else. Sox have 17 games coming into today. Next 2 teams at 19 are cleveland and Baltimore. Sox have 138 hits, cleveland with 149 and Baltimore with 184. Sox have 60 runs, cleveland with 71, and Baltimore with 104. Sox have 58 rbis, cleveland with 69 and Baltimore with 98.

The offense has been putrid. Let's not put to fine a point on it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
Well, I looked away to get done entering 527 grades and put Sigur Rós on as background music figuring I'd get distracted by baseball.

I'm not mad at myself in the least now.

One of the best god damn bands on the planet.

I have to admit I don't understand the "team looks lifeless" comments. Is it because they aren't hitting? What do you want them to do exactly? We just saw them in a brawl a few days ago where several of our guys went a little overboard. I am very frustrated with how they're playing too but I don't get that complaint.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
I dont know why you feel im upset

The thing is, if he isn't walking people, he is really good. He has a crazy motion that causes him wildness. Supposedly he has made some adjustments this season. I was watching Joe Magrane go on and on about Cooper stressing repeatable motion. I thought that would be a good fit with Jimenez. Maybe I was wrong. I certainly hope the Sox light him up, but no walks through 4 innings, it's no surprise they have no runs.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
I have to admit I don't understand the "team looks lifeless" comments. Is it because they aren't hitting? What do you want them to do exactly? We just saw them in a brawl a few days ago where several of our guys went a little overboard. I am very frustrated with how they're playing too but I don't get that complaint.

Bad at bats and consistently going down in order make you look lifeless. There are many times where a pitcher throws 8 or 9 pitches to get through an inning.

Yet another tipping of the cap ala Tommy Millone.

Teams that don't hit always look like they "aren't trying." Everyone should understand that by now.

This is 3 years running just not 2015.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 01:45 PM)
Sox are 29 in majors in runs with only 60 and that being only 2 more from last. They are last in hits. That's pretty sad

The White Sox have also played 3-4 less games than most of MLB, which is about 15 to 20% less games.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)
Well, it's just that more was expected. So far, this season he has had 2 really good starts, 1 average at best, 1 bad, and today which is the worst. Hardly what most people expected out of what was hoped to be a #2.

What's interesting is they said before the game that Shark hasn't pitched a night game yet. I pulled up his career splits and he's 1.50 lower on his ERA at night (3.18 vs 4.59), 40 points lower on his BAA (.226 vs .263), and about .3 lower on the WHIP (1.14 vs. 1.42). Point being, maybe it's not fair to judge his performance thus far based on nothing but pitching in conditions in which he's historically struggled.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
Conor's leash is about at its end, right?

They were so quick to ditch De Aza once he started to get into his arb raises. I'd assume Conor will be the same if he continues to be a 1 WAR player. Frustrating I had high hopes for Conor this year but he's been bad.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
SOmeone did the per game math already. It's not much better. The offense has sucked, again, don't put to find a point on it.

We are 26th in the MLB in runs per game at 3.53 and 18th in hits per game at 8.12 (that seems high)