Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
Time to sell definitely. Shark for sure, DFA Conor, and only move Quintana if we can get a very good MLB ready hitter. I love Quintana but this lineup needs retooled bad.

Bonifacio needs to be DFAd first. He can't hit and he can't field. Then beckham although he may be need to be held if they can trade Alexei, which I think they can( not go much). Gillaspie can hit better than the other guys and can play first if they can move Laroche.

Edited by GreenSox

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
Greg, I'm pretty sure you are going to be disappointed. Samardzija will get traded. Maybe even Alexei. I'd be shocked if Robertson, Melky, or LaRoche go anywhere though. Chairman wants to win in 2016

Lol - as opposed to what? Not wanting to win in 2016? Give me a break. Not to mention, but if "Chairman" is hanging his hat on the likes of Melky and LaRoche (one year older, btw) to fulfill this yearning of his next year, well, how's that working out for him so far in 2015?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 11:38 PM)
Agreed, you run the risk of making the only strength of the team (starting pitching) into a possible weakness and there's no guarantee you hit on the players received in the package. With the Sox likely to lose Samardzija soon/end of season, I would like to avoid a situation where you're relying on Rodon to be your #2 next season.

I'm not so eager to trade him. But this offense is a f***ing disaster and needs fixed. Q is one of my favorite players. We've shown the ability to develop pitching not hitting.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 12:27 AM)
I just don't understand the rush on this board to trade Quintana for far less than he's worth.

Who wants to sell Q for "far less than he's worth" I definitely think they should trade him but they need to get 2 starters + prospect( s) in return. Also one needs to be a C, SS or CF ( what I consider prime positions). If you can't get that you don't trade him.

Edited by SCCWS

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 12:02 PM)
I'm not so eager to trade him. But this offense is a f***ing disaster and needs fixed. Q is one of my favorite players. We've shown the ability to develop pitching not hitting.

but that cost control contract is the reason not too, that is unless another team will be willing to pay its weight i n gold, so to speak.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 03:57 AM)
While Melky has been hitting better, what team would want to take on his contract?

Alexei is hitting .226 with a very noticeable decline with his defense. What team would want him?

LaRoche is a power hitting 1B/DH minus the power, hitting .219, strikes out a ton and under contract through 2016. What team would want him?

Talk about selling low to no bidders. If these guys were hitting, would we be so eager to trade them? Think about that...

I agree that Samardzija gets traded but I'd be willing to bet it will be for less than many Sox fans ( myself included) are hoping for.

While I'm fine with the idea of trading Robertson, I doubt the Sox are interested in trading him unless blown away and the same goes for Q who just last winter was considered " untouchable ".

So realistically were looking at trading Samardzija which will not retool the team. Take the best offer as long as the offer has more value than the comp pick and move on.

serious question, which team, at this time does not think LaRoche is on the decline. which team will have faith that he would rebound???? none.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 03:29 AM)
Greg, I'm pretty sure you are going to be disappointed. Samardzija will get traded. Maybe even Alexei. I'd be shocked if Robertson, Melky, or LaRoche go anywhere though. Chairman wants to win in 2016

then just maybe he should not have stop the adding to the team. the sox was needing a 2-sp, and a 3b man. i don't they would have gotten a catcher.

now, with these additions, who can say if the team would come out of the gate sucking???

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 08:18 AM)
but that cost control contract is the reason not too, that is unless another team will be willing to pay its weight i n gold, so to speak.

I understand that. But we need someone besides Abreu who can f***ing hit the ball.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 05:57 AM)
Lol - as opposed to what? Not wanting to win in 2016? Give me a break. Not to mention, but if "Chairman" is hanging his hat on the likes of Melky and LaRoche (one year older, btw) to fulfill this yearning of his next year, well, how's that working out for him so far in 2015?

The White Sox will not be trading guys like Melky and Robertson that they just signed. They tried to win in 2015. They'll add in the offseason and try to win again in 2016. Samardzija will most likely get moved. I could see a reliever or Ramirez go as well. My point to Greg was that there wasn't going to be some giant firesale.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 08:21 AM)
serious question, which team, at this time does not think LaRoche is on the decline. which team will have faith that he would rebound???? none.

None that I can think of.

The way I see it is if these guys were hitting, the Sox would be winning more ball games and we would not want to trade them. Since they aren't hitting, now we want to trade them and retool the team? :lol:

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
The White Sox will not be trading guys like Melky and Robertson that they just signed. They tried to win in 2015. They'll add in the offseason and try to win again in 2016. Samardzija will most likely get moved. I could see a reliever or Ramirez go as well. My point to Greg was that there wasn't going to be some giant firesale.

There won't be a fire sale but I can see a few guys moved and Conor DFA.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
I understand that. But we need someone besides Abreu who can f***ing hit the ball.

i will caveat that with this, i am not against trading him, i would in a heart beat, but a team will need to pay..... i mean really pay to entice the org to make this move.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)

and now add the unmovable contracts of danks for 1 more yr and adam l also for 1 more yr. that is what 30 mil.

however the sox can get some kind of value if danks pitches every once in a while like he did on fri.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
This thread was just posted on Reddit detailing some alleged inside info into a possible Reds-Dodgers trade for Cueto. Interesting to use as a basis for Shark trade to the Dodgers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/...n_the_reds_and/

That didn't make sense at all. I think I can go on saying that guy has no clue what he is talking about

Great time to sell. Sox fans were lead to believe that we would be competing for a playoff spot this season. Now we have to rely on the same general manager with the same book of excuses? I'm sorry but when you come out of a rebuild and screw up your on a short leash. What is he going to do this time? Ask us to be patient with another 2-3 years of crap baseball?

Just like with Phil Emery and Marc Trestman last year. You start talking about competing you better get it done. There's no where to hide if you dont.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 10:30 PM)
Great time to sell. Sox fans were lead to believe that we would be competing for a playoff spot this season. Now we have to rely on the same general manager with the same book of excuses? I'm sorry but when you come out of a rebuild and screw up your on a short leash. What is he going to do this time? Ask us to be patient with another 2-3 years of crap baseball?

Just like with Phil Emery and Marc Trestman last year. You start talking about competing you better get it done. There's no where to hide if you dont.

Hahn's gotten a free pass for a terrible offseason (in terms of results on the field). He needs to win a few of these big trades going forward, as so far he doesn't have a lot to show at the big league level besides Eaton/Avi.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)
Hahn's gotten a free pass for a terrible offseason (in terms of results on the field). He needs to win a few of these big trades going forward, as so far he doesn't have a lot to show at the big league level besides Eaton/Avi.

Yep exactly. I dont like that he's gotten a free pass because so far he hasnt shown that he can make this club into contender. His try put us right back into square 1. Why should we have faith that he's going to get it right the next time?

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
I don't know who's really running this org. Is Hahn deciding who to acquire or is Williams, with Hahn executing the acquisitions?

Well if you believe Kenny he's really not involved. Sounds like they are letting Hahn have the rope.