Nate Jones throwing

southsider2k5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ottawa_sox @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
Perhaps this photo captures the beginning of the extended 'pose' he has previously featured. His foot may land yet before he begins his acceleration process.

His weight is too far forward for that. If it is than his entire upper body is lagging behind.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 10:53 PM)
His weight is too far forward for that. If it is than his entire upper body is lagging behind.

If ptatc is concerned, I'm also concerned. Hoping for the best.

Also, what would the pen look like when Jones returns?

The locks...

CL - Robertson

SU - Jones

SU - Duke

MR - Putnam

MR - Petricka

Then there's Webb and Jennings. Even Danks if he continues to flounder and EJ and Drabek continue throwing well in AAA. My guess is Jennings would be the one gone if Danks comes in.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 10:58 PM)
If ptatc is concerned, I'm also concerned. Hoping for the best.

Also, what would the pen look like when Jones returns?

The locks...

CL - Robertson

SU - Jones

SU - Duke

MR - Putnam

MR - Petricka

Then there's Webb and Jennings. Even Danks if he continues to flounder and EJ and Drabek continue throwing well in AAA. My guess is Jennings would be the one gone if Danks comes in.

I think Petricka remains your #1 setup option.

I don't think you count on Jones right away. If he works his way into an 8th inning guy, great. He hasn't pitched. Stsrt him out in some lowere leveredged situations other than the 8th and see how it goes. Some guys struggle when they come back. Some guys are great. Make him show you he's great.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 07:11 AM)
Winston-Salem Dash ‏@WSDashBaseball 13h13 hours ago

Nate Jones' 2nd rehab appearance:

4-3 GO

Infield 1B

4-6-3 DP

9 pitches, 7 strikes. Once again, he hovered around 100 mph with his fastball.

Encouraging.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 07:11 AM)
Winston-Salem Dash ‏@WSDashBaseball 13h13 hours ago

Nate Jones' 2nd rehab appearance:

4-3 GO

Infield 1B

4-6-3 DP

9 pitches, 7 strikes. Once again, he hovered around 100 mph with his fastball.

Hopefully, he can stay like that. Command was always his issue. Maybe they smoothed the mechanics a bit due to the injuries.

I always suspected his odd motion where he very quickly brings his arm up and then leaves it there made him less deceptive. For a guy who throws 100 with good movement, I always thought guys got surprisingly good swings on it.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 12:28 PM)
I always suspected his odd motion where he very quickly brings his arm up and then leaves it there made him less deceptive. For a guy who throws 100 with good movement, I always thought guys got surprisingly good swings on it.

And yet his numbers were always pretty darn solid for a guy who has less than overwhelming offspeed stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 05:37 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 9h9 hours ago

Nate Jones pitched perfect inning at Charlotte, too. Hasn't allowed run in seven innings on rehab. Four hits, two BB, one K. #WhiteSox

Only one K is concerning to me because of the fact that he is a power pitcher who usually gets a lot of strikeouts.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 9h9 hours ago

Nate Jones pitched perfect inning at Charlotte, too. Hasn't allowed run in seven innings on rehab. Four hits, two BB, one K. #WhiteSox

He gave up a run in Winston Salem. Hasn't given up a run in 4 appearances with the Knights. Pitched 7 innings in total.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 12:31 PM)
And yet his numbers were always pretty darn solid for a guy who has less than overwhelming offspeed stuff.

His changeup is nasty IMO, but it's rarely a strike if batters don't swing at it. And I mean his fastball isn't exactly meat, it just always surprised me that people weren't really swinging at it like it was hard to hit. Luckily it always had a ton of run, too.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 2m2 minutes ago

Nate Jones w/ another scoreless inning at Triple-A Charlotte. Got 1st K in 5 innings there. Had 1 in 3 IP at Single-A. 0.00 ERA overall.

Anyone know what Jones' stuff looks like? He hitting 100?