Toronto Scouts in attendance tonight

southsider2k5

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
I mean, out of all the things we need, pitching isnt my first choice. Our offensive and defensive games are horrific. I honestly believe Sale/Q/Fulmer/Rodon is a good enough core in 2 years to be a serious contender.

Q is headed South IMO. Just look at his record. He is a mediocre big league starter, which is why he won't get much in a trade. Rodon still walks too many, too often behind in the count.......

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 06:46 AM)
Q is headed South IMO. Just look at his record. He is a mediocre big league starter, which is why he won't get much in a trade. Rodon still walks too many, too often behind in the count.......

...Quintana has been a top 20 pitcher the past two years with some or the worst run support imaginable

That right there basically tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about. His FIP this year is 3.25. 18% better than league average. In all 9 of his losses the team has scored 0 or 1 runs. In 7 of those Quintana gave up 3 or less runs. It's not his fault that the Sox play horrible defense and have one of the worst offenses in the league.

Lol, you really need expand your knowledge base and look beyond statistics like wins/losses, batting average, & RBIs.

Mediocre? Lmao he's been great for us he's just had the worst luck and no run support.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 09:56 PM)
He's also had a plus 4 ERA like all year. I like him he's just not been as advertised. Now he's 3.91 due to his hot streak lately. I would t be opposed to signing him in the offseason I've just been frustrated with him.

In his last 8 starts he has pitched fairly well. 60 IP, 47 H, 11 BB, 45 K, 17 ER, 2.55 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, 4.09 K:BB, 6.75 K/9. He is currently 19th in WAR among pitchers on Fangraphs for the season. He has also gone at least 7 innings in 12 of his last 13 starts. If we can't get a good prospect in return for him, I see no reason to trade him. Just take the compensation pick at the end of the 1st round to go with our Top 10 pick.

Here are your pitchers ahead of Samardzija in WAR, only 4 on that list besides him that are available.

Max Scherzer

Clayton Kershaw

Corey Kluber

Chris Sale

Dallas Keuchel

Zack Greinke

Jake Arrieta

David Price

Chris Archer

Jacob deGrom

Sonny Gray

Clay Buchholz

Gerrit Cole

Michael Pineda

Lance Lynn

Carlos Carrasco

Tyson Ross

Johnny Cueto

Jeff Samardzija

Edited by Sox Fan In Husker Land

Quintana has gotten no run support this season. His ERA is a good 3.83. You can't look at his 4-9 record and say he's no good.

QUOTE (Sox Fan In Husker Land @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 05:43 AM)
In his last 8 starts he has pitched fairly well. 60 IP, 47 H, 11 BB, 45 K, 17 ER, 2.55 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, 4.09 K:BB, 6.75 K/9. He is currently 19th in WAR among pitchers on Fangraphs for the season. He has also gone at least 7 innings in 12 of his last 13 starts. If we can't get a good prospect in return for him, I see no reason to trade him. Just take the compensation pick at the end of the 1st round to go with our Top 10 pick.

Here are your pitchers ahead of Samardzija in WAR, only 2 on that list besides him that are available.

Max Scherzer

Clayton Kershaw

Corey Kluber

Chris Sale

Dallas Keuchel

Zack Greinke

Jake Arrieta

David Price

Chris Archer

Jacob deGrom

Sonny Gray

Clay Buchholz

Gerrit Cole

Michael Pineda

Lance Lynn

Carlos Carrasco

Tyson Ross

Johnny Cueto

Jeff Samardzija

Caarlos Carrasco is supposedly available also.Probably Ross also. I'm pretty sure I've read all Padre starters are .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 07:46 AM)

:lol:

Quintana is the most underappreciated and underrated SP in baseball. He would be the best pitcher on maybe a third of the teams in the league. Using his W-L record to come up with the idea that he is on the decline (as a 4 year vet, at age 26) is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard on this site.

Educate yourself.

Hawk called. He wants his stats back.