Sox Looking at Upton

Jose Abreu

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
who the hell is this guy.. only has 311 followers lol

Probably not real. His bio:

Jayhawk Journalist ROCK CHALK Class of 2018 @KUSoftball beat writer @KUGolf beat writer @785Live producer and host @KJHKsprts studio host and play by play

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)

Jayhawk Journalist ROCK CHALK Class of 2018 @KUSoftball beat writer @KUGolf beat writer @785Live producer and host @KJHKsprts studio host and play by play

The Red Sox are discussing a 3 way trade with them, I think he got his Sox mixed up.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)

Why not? I am sure you hear lots of White Sox news on the Kansas U golf beat.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
Looks like Cespedes is NYM bound. Upton is probably the most realistic acquisition at this point.

Jerry CrasnickVerified account

‏@jcrasnick

All indications are the #Padres have nothing happening on Justin Upton. It appears he's staying put at deadline.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
All indications are the #Padres have nothing happening on Justin Upton. It appears he's staying put at deadline.

https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/627195732957769728

Pay him to play meaningless games. That's a pretty expensive draft pick to hang on to. OTOH, considering this GM is pretty new, it would show others he won't cave at the end. Still , using these guys to try to increase the offer isn't exactly new.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)
Pay him to play meaningless games. That's a pretty expensive draft pick to hang on to. OTOH, considering this GM is pretty new, it would show others he won't cave at the end.

I think this is important. If you never stick to what you say, everyone will be able to call your bluff.

• 2 weeks later...

if the sox will be outside the top 10, i would rather not waste a pick while signing a fa.

however, now if the player may be a great player. i really think that it might be worth the gamble. but the possibility of signing a draft pick, what an est 20 mil a yr contract for a hitter, and loosing a draft pick..... i don't know if the sox FO will go that route.

hitter - interesting names to key an eye on.

Jason Heyward

Gerardo Parra

Justin Upton

Delmon Young