TFT

Jerksticks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play this kid. As I keep saying, he has athletic greatness in his genes. I'm not a big believer in that sort of s*** but when literally your entire family is involved at the highest level of sport you might have something going for you. Plus, he's hitting the piss out of the ball. Let him play until he fails. No reason that Avi and Melky and Eaton can't get 1 or 2 day offs a week in Sept.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 11:04 PM)
Saladino needs to work on his stroke. It's sooooo bad right now. He just pounds balls in the grounds or pops out. He should just learn to work walks.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 11:55 PM)
Saladino looks like the utility infielder going forward. At least He won't cost 4 million. Micah should be up now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 10:02 AM)
This thread means we have officially seen the peak of Thompson's career.

I couldn't help but notice the contrast between comments last night about Tyler and this thread about doubleT.

Would anyone be opposed if the Sox traded Avi over the offseason, to make room for Trayce? I know I wouldn't. it may be a bit premature to think he's the starting RF for next year, but it's nice to think they have options if the Avi experiment is a failure.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 08:55 AM)
Would anyone be opposed if the Sox traded Avi over the offseason, to make room for Trayce? I know I wouldn't. it may be a bit premature to think he's the starting RF for next year, but it's nice to think they have options if the Avi experiment is a failure.

I don't know that I'm trading Avi to make room for Trayce but I'm perfectly fine moving Avi. I think we need to see what Trayce can do but his key to success is going to be how good he is defensively. His bat isn't going to stay this hot and maybe he is one of those guys who the switch finally flipped but nothing in his minor league production indicates he's going to be an above average hitter (his tools do indicate he has potential to be though). However, if he can play elite defense and be an average bat, that works great. Also and this would be fine, he might be a guy who can play well above average defense and mash LHPing and be a very good platoon / bench guy and that is okay too. Obviously I'd prefer scenario #1, although I'd find scenario #2 the more plausible one. Either way, it is a positive as both scenarios would involve Trayce being a productive player for the White Sox. The good thing is, Trayce has the pure talent to be one of those guys whose numbers stay relatively unchanged from MILB to MLB and that could be a good thing cause if he could produce something similar to his career .747 minor league OPS along with the defensive value and that is a guy that will be very valuable on a winning club (and cost controlled).

I was listening to Trayce's dad on the radio yesterday and he did confirm that he thinks Trayce is the best pure athlete of the bunch (when he considers his physicality, etc).

Keep it up Trayce!!!!

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)

I just don't understand this logic. Trayce is older than Avi and put up inferior numbers in the minors. Why do people all of the sudden think he's the answer? Because he's played good for the few games he's played? He put up low .700 OPSs in AAA. The odds of him just suddenly figuring it out at the ML level are not that high. I need to see at minimum another 200 PAs before I even consider beginning to make any sort of judgment on him.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 09:21 AM)
I just don't understand this logic. Trayce is older than Avi and put up inferior numbers in the minors. Why do people all of the sudden think he's the answer? Because he's played good for the few games he's played? He put up low .700 OPSs in AAA. The odds of him just suddenly figuring it out at the ML level are not that high. I need to see at minimum another 200 PAs before I even consider beginning to make any sort of judgment on him.

Well Avi is the 2nd worst defensive RF in baseball and Trayce could hit .250/.300/.400 with good defense and be probably worth 2-3 more WAR than Avisuck

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)

This is totally how I feel about Thompson. The kid is on a nice run based on favorable match ups and other teams not having a book on him yet. Soon enough, many on Soxtalk will want him released too.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 06:38 PM)
I'm definitely in the wait and see mode. He's not had great success in the minors. Let's see how he finished the season.

yeah i agree. but i was letting all enjoy themselves right now. there hasn't been many things to feel good this season.

remember just like saladino coming to earth.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 07:09 PM)
Thanks for not calling all our moms LDF.

oh btw, why not make this snarky comment toward to several others posters..... oh btw, i forgot, they are admin people.... you don't have the balls to do that.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)

Trayce has also been worth 2.5 more wins than Avi over the course of their respective major league careers thus far. So there's that.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
Trayce has also been worth 2.5 more wins than Avi over the course of their respective major league careers thus far. So there's that.

no kidding. At some point, you play production until it doesn't produce. There are literally zero good reasons not to play him the rest of the way and see if this is a mirage or what. I mean the guy had a ton of pressure on him to become the last brother to play at the highest level. Now that he's here, maybe his nature athletic ability is taking over.

His bro, FWIW, had a semi serious tweet last night, and this is NBA All Star Klay Thompson, saying that Trayce might actually be the best overall athlete in the family.

Ride this wave, ride it.

I would like to see them shift him around the outfield and see how he handles all 3 positions. That will give plenty of opportunities to see him hit as well. Then go to SP w some insight to his hitting as well as the position he most helps the team out in.