My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 06:21 PM)
Not only won't he help the O, he will hurt the O. Even our O. He'd be great if you can rake everywhere else.

Listening to the MLB network, some Sox fan suggested Q for Castro. I thought "who is this dingbat?". And then both Bowden and Stern said it would be a bad deal for the Cubs. Many, everyone drinks Theo-aid.

Q for Castro is a bad deal for the scrubs?? I think Bowden and Stern are being overpaid for what they do.

Edited by Saufley

Gonna leave this here:

I appreciate all the PMs. My info has dried up because of personal issues between me and my source. Obviously if we could hash it out I would love the pipeline again but right now it's not gonna happen. As much as I'd love to continue the exchange we've had over PMs the last few years I simply have nothing right now. Sorry to all the folks I haven't gotten back to.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 06:28 PM)
Hero worshipping.

And that's exactly what the idea that 1 or 2 big FAs or trades will improve this team 10-15 games is.

I'm trying to figure out how the Reds, loaded with heroes, suck so badly.

Anyway, if you want to sign one of your hero outfielders, find away to move Dunn out, Melky can DH, and shift Eaton to LF and put Trayce in CF. That way we'd have a hero + excellent OF defense.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 11:21 PM)
And that's exactly what the idea that 1 or 2 big FAs or trades will improve this team 10-15 games is.

Anyway, if you want to sign one of your hero outfielders, find away to move Dunn out, Melky can DH, and shift Eaton to LF and put Trayce in CF. That way we'd have a hero + excellent OF defense.

Oh sure, that's what everyone wants to do is switch the entire roster with the Reds because of their plethora of heros.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 07:34 AM)
Ask yourself this, why would the 3 worst team in baseball get rid of the defensive player of the year this season?

From what I have read, they fleeced the angels. They got a starting SS who isnt bad himself, and their top pitching prospects plus cash, and removed a 53 million dollar committment

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 07:40 AM)
From what I have read, they fleeced the angels. They got a starting SS who isnt bad himself, and their top pitching prospects plus cash, and removed a 53 million dollar committment

Those Braves are really stocking up. They have to have the best farm in baseball after all those deals the past year.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 07:51 AM)
Those Braves are really stocking up. They have to have the best farm in baseball after all those deals the past year.

They still are staring at Swisher and Bourn though, lol

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 07:51 AM)

Just the Braves being the Braves really. Out of their top 10, 8 are pitchers. :lol:

I think the Braves did rather well in the trade. Not that the Angels did bad, they have great defenders in CF and now SS so if they can get Giavotella to improve at 2B its going to difficult for batters to get hits up the middle with that defense.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 05:54 AM)
Oh sure, that's what everyone wants to do is switch the entire roster with the Reds because of their plethora of heros.

A lot of people certainly seem to think adding a Reds or 2 will turn this mid 70s win team into a World Series contender.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
A lot of people certainly seem to think adding a Reds or 2 will turn this mid 70s win team into a World Series contender.

What? Just because we're going through trade options doesn't mean we think we'll go on to win a title. We're supposedly more active in trade talks than free agency so we're just throwing options out there.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 11:21 PM)

The 2nd half of the season they started 5 rookie pitchers.

What is your off season plan again?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
I would've given up a similar package for Simmons. Montas + Danish + Sanchez + some rando. Guess we'd have to beat it a little -- maybe EJ + Montas + Sanchez + rando or something, but I wish we did it.

I think including Tim Anderson in the deal would make sense, since Andrelton would be taking his spot.

Would Anderson and Montas for Simmons have worked? Or is that an overpay?

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:09 AM)

No, this is your strawman every time anything is discussed about a player with name value.

Then you talk about trading eaton and starting Thompson and Saladino like that's gonna win a World Series. See how that works?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:32 AM)
I think including Tim Anderson in the deal would make sense, since Andrelton would be taking his spot.

No. Hart is targeting high upside, impact starting pitching. Some think that Newcomb is a reliever but others (Hart included) think that he's a TOR #1 LH starter. We don't have a guy like that to trade unless we deal Rodon. The pitching in that organization is nasty.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 07:34 AM)
Ask yourself this, why would the 3 worst team in baseball get rid of the defensive player of the year this season?

I have no clue why they would get rid of him as he is a 2-4 win SS with 5 years left on a very team friendly contract. Seems like the Braves are going for a full on rebuild.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)
Jurickson Profar is a guy that I would absolutely love on the Sox.

He's still extremely young, cheap, and talented. Injuries are the only thing that have slowed him down.

I wonder if Montas could get him in a 1-for-1 deal.

Surprised he's still only 22. Thought he was around 26, but he's been a top prospect since he was 18, so it makes sense. I don't think Montas is enough for him, though.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 09:32 AM)

They've already got Albies, who I think they must see as their Tim Anderson.

But that's okay, we would then have either a trade chip or a 2B prospect that could actually hit.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)
Jurickson Profar is a guy that I would absolutely love on the Sox.

He's still extremely young, cheap, and talented. Injuries are the only thing that have slowed him down.

I wonder if Montas could get him in a 1-for-1 deal.

Daniels still regards him as a top prospect which is a hard sell considering he hasn't played a real game in 2 years. His shoulder sounds like it could be a major issue right now as he isn't even fielding in the AFL.