The LaRoche article dug up from 2015

glangon

• 8 years later...

So two interesting parts of this story...the lies about "Adam Eaton having a mortgage or not" and how the $13 million the Sox saved with LaRoche's salary is what actually enabled the Shields/Tatis trade to be consummated on the Sox side.

https://theathletic.com/2445000/2021/03/15/it-was-kind-of-nuts-5-years-later-former-white-sox-reflect-on-the-adam-laroche-saga/

https://fanstreamsports.com/drake-laroche-is-married-5-years-after-adam-laroche-white-sox-controversy/

Edited by caulfield12

51 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Did Caulfield really just dig up a thread from EIGHT years ago dealing with Adam freaking LaRoche of all people? Lord...

I was trying to find David Schoenfield quotes on the Mariners' trade since he covers them...somehow this was one the stories that was connected to him via X.

I thought it was reported back when this all came out that Jimmy Rollins was  the one responsible for going over both Ventura and Hahn straight to Kenny to b**** about Drake La Roche.

Didn’t see Rollins or anyone else implicated in the Athletic article, but perhaps this was merely speculation since he was new in camp.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I thought it was reported back when this all came out that Jimmy Rollins was  the one responsible for going over both Ventura and Hahn straight to Kenny to b**** about Drake La Roche.

Didn’t see Rollins or anyone else implicated in the Athletic article, but perhaps this was merely speculation since he was new in camp.

I think it was Rollins, along with Avila and Frazier. 

All three were veterans who were new to the team, and apparently did not enjoy the idea of having a child in the clubhouse all day, everyday. 

What a weird year. All of that to finish in 4th place, again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Did Caulfield really just dig up a thread from EIGHT years ago dealing with Adam freaking LaRoche of all people? Lord...

Funny enough the DeLoach guy they just traded for made me think of LaRoche. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I thought it was Rollins and Frazier. The implication at the time was that it was some of the new guys who looked at the situation, and were like, WTF?!?

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I thought it was Rollins and Frazier. The implication at the time was that it was some of the new guys who looked at the situation, and were like, WTF?!?

This is how I remember it too. 

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Was the effort searching deep in the recesses of memory to dig up this ancient thread really worth it to post some needless inconsequential bit of random information? Seriously, WTF?

You have to consider the source my friend. But no, it wasn't really needed. 

Edited by Chisoxmb35
  • Haha 1

• southsider2k5 changed the title to The LaRoche article dug up from 2015